Xbox One - Game Dowloads?

Hi folks,

Okay, so I'm new to this stuff... But I'm just wondering if you buy downloadable versions of games, do you get decent deals on them as per the special offers on disc versions?

The reason I ask, is that i've just had my TV wall mounted and all of the Sky Box etc moved into the cupboard, so the Xbox One I'm hoping to buy would go in their too, and be a pain going in and out to change discs!

Not that much of a pain like, so if the downloadable games are more expensive then i'll just forget it!

Also, if buying the 1TB version of the Xbox One, that would surely hold a barrel load of games yeah?

Cheers people!

29 Comments

Digital games tend to be more expensive to be honest. If you game share though that can help with the cost. I buy one copy of the game digitally for say £50 so my lad and I can then both play the game at £25 each. Some folks have had luck purchasing abroad, but it's never worked for me.

Original Poster

redbutcher

Digital games tend to be more expensive to be honest. If you game share … Digital games tend to be more expensive to be honest. If you game share though that can help with the cost. I buy one copy of the game digitally for say £50 so my lad and I can then both play the game at £25 each. Some folks have had luck purchasing abroad, but it's never worked for me.

When you say 'game share' does that mean that you could buy a game and use it on two different consoles?

Like, me in Glasgow and my mate in London? And we could just split the bill? For example...

JusticeForThe96

When you say 'game share' does that mean that you could buy a game and … When you say 'game share' does that mean that you could buy a game and use it on two different consoles?Like, me in Glasgow and my mate in London? And we could just split the bill? For example...

Yeah - you need their login details and add their account to your console and they then add your login details to their console. Obviously they need to be a very good mate as you'll be passing your XBox Live account details to them. More details here.

some digital games that come bundled with consoles get sold cheap on here, also you can generally get Xbox credit at 80% value and credit for game at 80%,
wuaki sometimes have deals with a movie and credit,
landing.wuaki.tv/uk/…AFF
£25 for about £19.

also you can get cheap 360 backwards compatible games, amazon have black ops 3 which includes black ops 1 for the 360 for about £5.60 ish.

1tb won't last long by the way, even games you'll get on disk are copied to the hard drive so it soon fills up

You can get nearly all digital games a fair bit cheaper than retail disc versions if you buy from other regions.
Have a read OF THIS THREAD
& also check THIS SITE to find out which region is selling the gme you want for the best price!

Original Poster

redbutcher

Yeah - you need their login details and add their account to your console … Yeah - you need their login details and add their account to your console and they then add your login details to their console. Obviously they need to be a very good mate as you'll be passing your XBox Live account details to them. More details here.

Right okay. But what about playing online multiplayer? If we're sharing an account we wouldn't be able to play against each other then? Etc

Original Poster

eternaldragonuk

some digital games that come bundled with consoles get sold cheap on … some digital games that come bundled with consoles get sold cheap on here, also you can generally get Xbox credit at 80% value and credit for game at 80%,wuaki sometimes have deals with a movie and credit, https://landing.wuaki.tv/uk/Xbox-heartofthesea-25credit-AFF£25 for about £19.

Ah right, so you mean buy the Xbox credit on the cheap therefore the downloaded games cost less?

Original Poster

eternaldragonuk

also you can get cheap 360 backwards compatible games, amazon have black … also you can get cheap 360 backwards compatible games, amazon have black ops 3 which includes black ops 1 for the 360 for about £5.60 ish.

That's a good shout, but my concern would be when FIFA 17 or something comes out it will cost a bomb!

Original Poster

craigstephens

1tb won't last long by the way, even games you'll get on disk are copied … 1tb won't last long by the way, even games you'll get on disk are copied to the hard drive so it soon fills up

I'm surprised at that, 1tb is massive so surely the game files can't be that big?

I don't plan on buying loads of games, I'll probably have 6/7 max

Original Poster

amis1975

You can get nearly all digital games a fair bit cheaper than retail disc … You can get nearly all digital games a fair bit cheaper than retail disc versions if you buy from other regions.Have a read OF THIS THREAD& also check THIS SITE to find out which region is selling the gme you want for the best price!:D

This seems like it's going to be very helpful... Once I understand it I'll thank you again!

JusticeForThe96

I'm surprised at that, 1tb is massive so surely the game files can't be … I'm surprised at that, 1tb is massive so surely the game files can't be that big?I don't plan on buying loads of games, I'll probably have 6/7 max

Each game approx 30-50gb download and install even from disc . Found this out on xmas kids couldn't play halo for about 4hrs whilst it downloaded. Even if you buy the disc you still have a massive download

JusticeForThe96

Ah right, so you mean buy the Xbox credit on the cheap therefore the … Ah right, so you mean buy the Xbox credit on the cheap therefore the downloaded games cost less?

​thats what I meant, I game share and can play the same game with the person I share with and against each other at the same time. gold is also shared,

JusticeForThe96

That's a good shout, but my concern would be when FIFA 17 or something … That's a good shout, but my concern would be when FIFA 17 or something comes out it will cost a bomb!

​fifa 17 digital is £55

store.xbox.com/en-…5d3

£50 credit from wuaki £38 plus £5 is £43
not brilliant but if you game share with a mate its £21.50 each.

also 1tb should be OK for 10 games at least, you would need to delete some old ones if you wanted new ones, the Xbox can use external usb3 HD if you need more space.

JusticeForThe96

Right okay. But what about playing online multiplayer? If we're sharing … Right okay. But what about playing online multiplayer? If we're sharing an account we wouldn't be able to play against each other then? Etc

​You're not sharing an account, just the game. You both login with your own account but have each others account on your Xbox too. No problem playing the same game twice and in multiplayer.

Original Poster

eternaldragonuk

also 1tb should be OK for 10 games at least, you would need to delete … also 1tb should be OK for 10 games at least, you would need to delete some old ones if you wanted new ones, the Xbox can use external usb3 HD if you need more space.

That's a good shout. So basically just an external HDD like I would use for my laptop?

Original Poster

redbutcher

​You're not sharing an account, just the game. You both login with your o … ​You're not sharing an account, just the game. You both login with your own account but have each others account on your Xbox too. No problem playing the same game twice and in multiplayer.

So we log both Xbox gold accounts into our own xbox, then we can both access the game individually and play independently, against each other or multiplayer together?

JusticeForThe96

That's a good shout. So basically just an external HDD like I would use … That's a good shout. So basically just an external HDD like I would use for my laptop?

​needs to be usb3 and at least 256gb

JusticeForThe96

So we log both Xbox gold accounts into our own xbox, then we can both … So we log both Xbox gold accounts into our own xbox, then we can both access the game individually and play independently, against each other or multiplayer together?

​the Xbox one has a feature called "home Xbox"
if you buy a digital game on your account and set your Xbox as your hone Xbox then other people in your home can play that game, also you can sign into any Xbox one with your account and play any digital games you've bought.
when people game share you give your friend your login details, they sign in as you and set their Xbox as home xbox, they sign out as you and sign in as them, they can now play your digital games, you sign in on your Xbox and play as normal,
if they buy a digital game just repeat the other way around

Original Poster

eternaldragonuk

​the Xbox one has a feature called "home Xbox"if you buy a digital game o … ​the Xbox one has a feature called "home Xbox"if you buy a digital game on your account and set your Xbox as your hone Xbox then other people in your home can play that game, also you can sign into any Xbox one with your account and play any digital games you've bought.when people game share you give your friend your login details, they sign in as you and set their Xbox as home xbox, they sign out as you and sign in as them, they can now play your digital games, you sign in on your Xbox and play as normal,if they buy a digital game just repeat the other way around

Amazing. Wouldn't have known anything about that had I not cam on here and you guys told me. Sounds great.

JusticeForThe96

I'm surprised at that, 1tb is massive so surely the game files can't be … I'm surprised at that, 1tb is massive so surely the game files can't be that big?I don't plan on buying loads of games, I'll probably have 6/7 max

I have a 1tb and fit 23 games on mine

Original Poster

activ8me

I have a 1tb and fit 23 games on mine

That's good to know mate, thank you. My console is arriving today, bought the 1TB bundle with The Division download, and plan to use this game sharing thing with my mate for FIFA 17 and a couple more.

Also,been looking at that EA Access thing too, that seems pretty decent to play a load of their older games.

EA Access is well worth it in my opinion - that also shares as well with your mate 8).

Agree with ea access, well worth the £20 odd you can pick it up for.

Original Poster

redbutcher

EA Access is well worth it in my opinion - that also shares as well with … EA Access is well worth it in my opinion - that also shares as well with your mate 8).

Well that's a winner then in my opinion!

Just connecting it all up, really excited, let's do this..... Please install update...

Enjoy mate!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33
    2. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION22
    3. Win a Free minion usb stick1111
    4. Tv choice magazine Issue 391515

See more discussions