Found 14th Mar
Hi!
I'm looking to buy a good gaming headset for the Xbox one for my son.
I'm willing to pay up to £170 for a decent wireless set...... Can anyone recommend a decent set?
Thanks in advance

8 Comments

Are you only looking for a wireless set?

So you are looking for a premium headset?

for that price you will most likely looking at Astros. You need to know what kind of jack your sons xbox controllers use first of all, as there are two types of jacks.

Original Poster

I'm looking for a good quality set..... Don't mind if it's wired or wireless.
He's had 2 sets of turtle beach headphones over the years.
He plays online quite a bit so I'm after something comfortable for him.

minifitzy

I'm looking for a good quality set..... Don't mind if it's wired or … I'm looking for a good quality set..... Don't mind if it's wired or wireless.He's had 2 sets of turtle beach headphones over the years.He plays online quite a bit so I'm after something comfortable for him.

If you can find Astro A50s in your price range i would generally say they are good, though they are probably to much. BUT be aware that there are different generations of the A50s and the early generations aren't nearly as good as the later ones, though they are still quite good and websites can be ambiguous about what generation they are selling, but they are visually district generation to generation. Also you need to buy a pair that is specifically compatible with the XBOX one.

Alternatively there are the Turtle Beach Stealth 420X , which review well and i think are about £100 on Amazon.

800x stealth. Totally wireless.

I have turtle beach 800x, completely wireless including chat and recharging station. Has 7.1 digital surround sound. When I was looking there was a fair few on eBay refurbished with 12 months warranty for £95 delivered - I won a pair at auctoon with the same seller for £90

Original Poster

Thanks all...... Think it'll b turtle beach 800 if I can find them at the right price

This is the place I bought mine mate. £99.99 - they honestly looked unused and were all brand new cables
ebay.co.uk/itm…490?hash=item211ddc774a:g:7uUAAOSwo4pYVAdv

They set up a daily auction for the headset too at £89.99 I think, when I bidded I was the only bidder so got for 89.99 quick delivery via DHL too. Their auction ending in 18 hours is here.. if you have the money and it's what you want you may as well put the 89.99 bid in as it may put others off putting the bid in as they can buy it now for 99.99

ebay.co.uk/itm…925?hash=item21229361bd:g:7uUAAOSwo4pYVAdv
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet1429
    2. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…49
    3. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)98196
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769442

See more discussions