Groups

xbox one hard drive

Xbox one external hard drive keeps disconnecting when playing just cause 3. Im using the stock drive from my ps4. Any advice?

9 Comments

Is it in a USB 3.0 cradle ?

Original Poster

Yea, when i replaced the hdd in the ps4 woth this one

amazon.co.uk/gp/…1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1485085496&sr=8-2π=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=Seagate+Expansion+2TB+USB+3.0+Portable+2.5+inch+External+Hard+Drive&dpPl=1&dpID=31Q%2B4H9PTOL&ref=plSrch

I put the stock ps4 drive in the case this seagate came in.

If its just with that game, transfer it to the internal hard drive and problem solved.

Original Poster

The game quits to dashboard randomly then says External hdd connected.

I haven't got much experience with this but perhaps it needs more power for that particular drive? Only got one USB cable?

scottjfitness

I haven't got much experience with this but perhaps it needs more power … I haven't got much experience with this but perhaps it needs more power for that particular drive? Only got one USB cable?

My guess would be if it's come out of a PS4 it might get more power to it than a single USB can provide, I have a external drive USB 3 and have no isses

Original Poster

scottjfitness

My guess would be if it's come out of a PS4 it might get more power to it … My guess would be if it's come out of a PS4 it might get more power to it than a single USB can provide, I have a external drive USB 3 and have no isses

​Ok maybe worth just picking up a new drive then. Would you recommend a particular one?

There was a time when this happened with Overwatch, I suggest just moving Just Cause 3 to your internal hard drive

Original Poster

Rayqauzay

There was a time when this happened with Overwatch, I suggest just moving … There was a time when this happened with Overwatch, I suggest just moving Just Cause 3 to your internal hard drive

​I thought maybe the game could be too demanding for it. So i'll put it on the internal and try another title on the external to see if theres any improvement.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want some backless loafers for men66
      2. Any good robotic lawn mower someone could recommend?22
      3. Parcel Hero weight adjustment610
      4. Looking for a deal on nowtv movies34

See more discussions