Groups
    EXPIRED

Xbox one help! Won't install game

We just got cod advanced warfare. Tried install. When I click install disc nothing happens at all. Quick google search tells me to eject disc disconnect from internet reset and switch back on put disc back try install then reconnect to internet. Problem is I have to sign back in to xbox live before I can attempt to install so I have to connect. But it still doesn't work.

Note others found it stalls at 0% we cannot get to that stage it simply just clicks install disc and nothing happens

I'm on my phone if there are any spelling errors and I've tried to write this as short as poss. Thanks xx

PLEASE NOTE. I know this is a common problem but I don't even get to the 0% stage it's not in my game or apps because it simply doesn't do anything at all when I click install disc it doesn't stall it just doesn't Do ANYTHING

36 Comments

it might be downloading a patch before it installs, click install go make a brew then come back to see if its done.

also you can go into "my games and apps" and it might say something in the queue

Original Poster

StevenBrown

it might be downloading a patch before it installs, click install go make … it might be downloading a patch before it installs, click install go make a brew then come back to see if its done.also you can go into "my games and apps" and it might say something in the queue

Nope that's what we thought but it won't even begin the install process that's why we did the disconnect and reset incase it was downloading a patch. There's nothing in my games and apps. I'm fuming here grrrrr

Original Poster

StevenBrown

it might be downloading a patch before it installs, click install go make … it might be downloading a patch before it installs, click install go make a brew then come back to see if its done.also you can go into "my games and apps" and it might say something in the queue

If only a standard install of a game were as quick as making a brew lol! I wanted to be a good girlfriend tonight and install it before he got home from work

I really don't think its worth fuming over, when you put the disc in did it ask you if you wanted to download a patch?

Original Poster

StevenBrown

I really don't think its worth fuming over, when you put the disc in did … I really don't think its worth fuming over, when you put the disc in did it ask you if you wanted to download a patch?

No we don't get that far I click install disc and nothing happens. I click again nothing happens. I've given up?

Did you put the disk in the right way round?

I found this online give it a try

If you have this known issue, try the following:

1. Remove the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare disc from your Xbox One.
    2. Go to My Games, press the Menu button, and then uninstall Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.
    3. Place the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare disc back in your Xbox One.
    4. Try to begin the game, and if it asks you to update, say no. Your game should begin installing.
    5. After the install has completed, boot up the game and install the update.

I would advise you to get a ps4.....

Original Poster

StevenBrown

I found this online give it a tryIf you have this known issue, try the … I found this online give it a tryIf you have this known issue, try the following:1. Remove the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare disc from your Xbox One.2. Go to My Games, press the Menu button, and then uninstall Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.3. Place the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare disc back in your Xbox One.4. Try to begin the game, and if it asks you to update, say no. Your game should begin installing.5. After the install has completed, boot up the game and install the update.

Yep seen this myself. But the game isn't in my games because it won't attempt to install x

Original Poster

TheBoss96

I knew someone would say this. I will remain calm arghhhhhhh x

Original Poster

StevenBrown

I found this online give it a tryIf you have this known issue, try the … I found this online give it a tryIf you have this known issue, try the following:1. Remove the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare disc from your Xbox One.2. Go to My Games, press the Menu button, and then uninstall Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.3. Place the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare disc back in your Xbox One.4. Try to begin the game, and if it asks you to update, say no. Your game should begin installing.5. After the install has completed, boot up the game and install the update.

Thankyou for your help btw I really appreciate it xx

TheBoss96

http://media.giphy.com/media/89U4ODjFSNdV6/giphy.gif
    I wonder if people get as bored of this reply on every xbox or ps thread as I do
    Edited by: "StevenBrown" 6th Jan 2015

parisp

I knew someone would say this. I will remain calm arghhhhhhh x

haha

try hold down the power button down for 10 seconds until it hard resets and then try again

StevenBrown

I wonder if people get as bored of this reply on every xbox or ps thread … I wonder if people get as bored of this reply on every xbox or ps thread as I do

Haha yeah, I did it for a joke! :p. And to be honest xbox one, is fine in its own right! That's coming from a Sony fan

Some actual advice, may sound silly but do you have enough memory left on your xbox?

Original Poster

StevenBrown

try hold down the power button down for 10 seconds until it hard resets … try hold down the power button down for 10 seconds until it hard resets and then try again

I've given up for now. My son wants to play minecraft. I don't have a voice in this house haha. I will let you know later if it works when I try reset it. Thankyou Steven xx

Original Poster

TheBoss96

Some actual advice, may sound silly but do you have enough memory left on … Some actual advice, may sound silly but do you have enough memory left on your xbox?

I'm not sure actually. Should do it's only a few months old and he probably only has 8 games installed. I'll check that too! X

Hi. I am an Xbox Community Ambassador, so can offer some assistance in this.

The first thing I would like you to try is a power cycle. To do this, please ensure your console is turned on and then hold down the power button on the console for 10 seconds. Wait for the console to power off and then wait 30 seconds. Disconnect the power cable then wait a further 30 seconds. Then plug it back in and restart your console. Try to install your game again.

If that doesn't work, then please go to your Settings>Network>"Go Offline". Then do the power cycle again (as above) and install your disk again. This will prevent your console from wanting to do an update, so will install straight of the disk.

Let me know if you still have trouble.

Eden0032

(Sorry if there's any typos. I'm on my phone typing this!)

Original Poster

Eden0032

Hi. I am an Xbox Community Ambassador, so can offer some assistance in … Hi. I am an Xbox Community Ambassador, so can offer some assistance in this. The first thing I would like you to try is a power cycle. To do this, please ensure your console is turned on and then hold down the power button on the console for 10 seconds. Wait for the console to power off and then wait 30 seconds. Disconnect the power cable then wait a further 30 seconds. Then plug it back in and restart your console. Try to install your game again. If that doesn't work, then please go to your Settings>Network>"Go Offline". Then do the power cycle again (as above) and install your disk again. This will prevent your console from wanting to do an update, so will install straight of the disk. Let me know if you still have trouble. Eden0032(Sorry if there's any typos. I'm on my phone typing this!)

Many thanks for your help. I have tried both methods as the first didn't work went offline and did the second and still no joy.

Original Poster

Eden0032

Hi. I am an Xbox Community Ambassador, so can offer some assistance in … Hi. I am an Xbox Community Ambassador, so can offer some assistance in this. The first thing I would like you to try is a power cycle. To do this, please ensure your console is turned on and then hold down the power button on the console for 10 seconds. Wait for the console to power off and then wait 30 seconds. Disconnect the power cable then wait a further 30 seconds. Then plug it back in and restart your console. Try to install your game again. If that doesn't work, then please go to your Settings>Network>"Go Offline". Then do the power cycle again (as above) and install your disk again. This will prevent your console from wanting to do an update, so will install straight of the disk. Let me know if you still have trouble. Eden0032(Sorry if there's any typos. I'm on my phone typing this!)

I press install disc. It makes that xbox sound and then nothing. I press it again and nothing

parisp

I press install disc. It makes that xbox sound and then nothing. I press … I press install disc. It makes that xbox sound and then nothing. I press it again and nothing

Okay, not to worry.

Can I please ask that you follow the steps on this webpage in order: support.xbox.com/en-…ops.

That should work, but if it doesn't, just let me know!

Eden0032

I feel your pain,It took me 4 days to download the digital version (my internet is fine so that wasn't the problem)......., plus now my daughter must download it digitally as we gameshare, I just don't have the will to attempt it. Sorry I don't have any actual advice, just sympathy.

Have you tried installing another game you have not installed yet since this happened and don't take this the wrong way but have you made sure its an xbox one version disc and not 360 one.

If the above link posted by eden0032 gives you a runtime error click this

Edited by: "dontasciime" 6th Jan 2015

Original Poster

dontasciime

Have you tried installing another game you have not installed yet since … Have you tried installing another game you have not installed yet since this happened and don't take this the wrong way but have you made sure its an xbox one version disc and not 360 one.If the above link posted by eden0032 gives you a runtime error click this

I already tried that before I came on here. I don't know what else to do now as no solution is working but Thankyou to everyone for trying to help x

Xbox one is incredibly slow at installing games.
    It may actually be installing but very slowly hence the percentage not moving. Be prepared to wait at least a few hours.

subway

Xbox one is incredibly slow at installing games.It may actually be … Xbox one is incredibly slow at installing games.It may actually be installing but very slowly hence the percentage not moving. Be prepared to wait at least a few hours.

Apparently if you disconnect from the internet before installing its quicker

Original Poster

I wish I could show a video of what's happening. It isn't even installing at all. Not even saying 0%. Imagine pressing send on a text and the send button isn't sending. That's the only way to explain. I'm pressing install disc and the button is clicking but it doesn't do anything. It doesn't attempt to even install it just does nothing. I know about disconnecting from internet etc to stop any other install but it's not even attempting to install. It won't do anything. I'm **** off

parisp

I wish I could show a video of what's happening. It isn't even installing … I wish I could show a video of what's happening. It isn't even installing at all. Not even saying 0%. Imagine pressing send on a text and the send button isn't sending. That's the only way to explain. I'm pressing install disc and the button is clicking but it doesn't do anything. It doesn't attempt to even install it just does nothing. I know about disconnecting from internet etc to stop any other install but it's not even attempting to install. It won't do anything. I'm **** off

You can send texts from your Xbox One ???

Make sure your xbox one is set to energy saving mode (eg the one where it takes about 45 seconds to power on (shows logo) then keep the power button in for just a little over 10 seconds once it powers off (remove lan cable/ network cable or disable wireless ). Then Unplug it from wall for half a minute then plug back in and try again.
    Edited by: "dontasciime" 6th Jan 2015

Perhaps this video (or its comments) might help...
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTJFk1lRhWs

One of the comments... "Have you went to your installed games and deleted your partially installed game? If you cancel a download, you still have a half-downloaded product that won't forget things"

[email protected]

Perhaps this video (or its comments) might … Perhaps this video (or its comments) might help...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTJFk1lRhWsOne of the comments... "Have you went to your installed games and deleted your partially installed game? If you cancel a download, you still have a half-downloaded product that won't forget things"

There is also this scenario when messing on with installing games whereby xb1 gets confused and downloads the game data from the server(not the update file) instead of installing from disc so if for example you've got really slow internet at say a 2Mbps connection where you only get 284k a second you 'll be waiting a long time for it to register 1% eg 389 meg .

I've had this happen with black flag . I let it go all the way to end to see if it also gave license for digital (but it didn't it still required the disc)

I had the exact same problem with that game and it's definitely to do with the internet.
    make sure you unplug your Ethernet cable or disconnect from the Wi-Fi and uninstall anything to do with cod that may have been installed and restart.
    then when it comes back on make sure your internet is still off and put the disc in and once installed connect your internet back.
    you can install games without the internet connected also

Original Poster

Working now. Didn't do anything I just gave up completely. Tonight my partner thought he would go up armed with all this info and low and behold he presses install and it just installed.

Same things happening to me but it all started when I formatted my hardrive now when I try to install the discs back nothing happens

having same problem with halo 5 plz help
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. CAR QUESTION: Difference Between Lexus IS300 and Lexus IS300h?49
      2. Which 32" smart TV?33
      3. BT FIBRE EXISTING CUSTOMER911
      4. Is 'Isisue' a fake website/does it sell fake brands33

See more discussions