Xbox One Intelligent Delivery is going to save HDD space and download times

Found 14th Sep 2017
This seems like an interesting (ok, awesome) feature that's upcoming to the Xbox One. Microsoft have devised a new kind of data management for our game purchases.

It's going to allow developers to tag chunks of data from their games to allow us to download only the things we want. For example (as described in the video below) a massive part of the file size of FIFA is the different languages it offers for commentary, Intelligent Delivery will allow you to download only the language you need which will heavily reduce the size of the download, thus the amount of space it takes on your HDD.

I've seen a few people question as to whether owners of the OG Xbox One will be required to download the 4K assets of the upcoming XBOX titles. Well with ID management, download will be based on the Xbox type you are using, so in short - no, they won't be required to download the additional files they won't use. Happy days.

Enough mindless rambling, here is the Digital Foundry video to explain it much better ...

Community Updates
Misc
10 Comments
Fair on Microsoft, I can now install more exclusives on my Xbox.
That's a great feature. Maybe I'll cancel fibre now and switch to dial-up
Great idea, I'd imagine Sony will be copying this in a month or two.
mixmixi59 m ago

Fair on Microsoft, I can now install more exclusives on my Xbox. …Fair on Microsoft, I can now install more exclusives on my Xbox.

I've been hearing about Stormlands this week, a cancelled Obsidian exclusive.
mixmixi4 h, 15 m ago

Fair on Microsoft, I can now install more exclusives on my Xbox. …Fair on Microsoft, I can now install more exclusives on my Xbox.

31988629-izEBp.jpg
deleted800342
Krooner10 h, 34 m ago

Unless they believe it doesn't represent good value for their customers
deleted80034215th Sep 2017

Unless they believe it doesn't represent good value for their customers

Good point. Content is content.
Very good feature.
Krooner14th Sep

And probably charge for it too.
Is this for all Xbox or just the new upcoming one?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants