Xbox one internet speed help

Found 13th Apr
Hi all,

I need help with my Xbox one internet speed. I’m averaging 1-3 mbps sometimes 4 at best.
I’m connected to WiFi and it’s not possible to be connected to Ethernet.
Is there a device that I can plug in upstairs that I can get quicker speeds to the Xbox one by adding an Ethernet cable instead of WiFi. So the Xbox one wouldn’t be directed connected to my sky hub but there would be a box that transmits the internet into Ethernet for the Xbox one.
It might be confusing and I don’t think I know what I’m on about
Community Updates
10 Comments
Mate i had the same issue tried everything then i just upgraded to fiber and it solved the issue. You can use wifi extnders but they usually have ethernet slot. They help alot.
A good quality powerline connector should do it, I have one for the conservatory so I can play playstation in there.
What are the speeds your getting on everything else
As mentioned above use a pair of powerline adaptors can be had for 20 odd quid. Something like This
Edited by: "ding" 13th Apr
Original Poster
@ding 4-5 mbps everywhere else. Good stable speeds on ethernet. Would the BT power line adapter work with a sky broadband ?
brokeguy213 h, 23 m ago

@ding 4-5 mbps everywhere else. Good stable speeds on ethernet. Would the …@ding 4-5 mbps everywhere else. Good stable speeds on ethernet. Would the BT power line adapter work with a sky broadband ?

Yep one plugs into an electrical socket next to your router and uses an ethernet cable to connect into the router the other one will plug into an electrical socket next to your xbox and uses an ethernet cable to plug into your xbox, they then make use of your electrical wiring to act as an ethernet cable to join the 2 plugs, if that makes sense. Other makes are available i was just showing the bt ones as an example
Edited by: "ding" 14th Apr
Upgrade your internet if you can. Better option.
I use a TP-Link wifi booster with an ethernet cable - used to have loads of disconnects and slow speed on all of my consoles but now it's solid. I've got fibre but internet speed on consoles are still really slow so an ethernet cable is a necessity
Just going to quickly moan about how much internet is required if you have an xbox one. It is crazy, luckily I have a really fast connection, but I have downloaded around a terabyte of data in game updates etc. Ridic!
The function you're talking about is called a wi-fi bridge. It's generally an alternate function on range extenders etc. than a dedicated device.

Although it's usually used for ethernet-only devices or very outdated/rubbish wireless cards. I'd expect the Xbox One to have a half decent one so you may find it doesn't make much difference, the cheaper ones may even be worse.

Is there any chance you could run ethernet cable some of the way? A Wi-fi access point closer to the xbox or at a different angle from it compared to the router may well help.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 18th Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants