Groups

xbox one loud noises laggy

Had a lot of advance exchanges and repairs still have the same issue. Lags and loud noises. Xbox support is useless just sort out a repair or advance exchange again.

13 Comments

So... what's the question?

Original Poster

What should I do now?

Original Poster

mixmixi

So... what's the question?

What should I do now?

how old is the console?

Have you replaced the hard drive or tried to replace it at any points?

Update: found this also for you. Generally ifixit is a better forum to ask such questions:

It's most likely the console's system fan. Since it seems to be a common problem, I wouldn't worry about it too much, but if you're really concerned, there is a course of action that you can take. The first thing that I would recommend is lubricating it with a mineral oil, don't use WD40 for this. You'll need to disassemble the console to the point where you have access to the top of the motherboard, such as step 10 of this guide. I can't tell from the pictures, but it looks like you can remove the plastic fan assembly from the heatsink. Do that, and then use this procedure to lubricate the system fan. That should quiet the fan down and possibly extend it's life.

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/182808/My+Xbox+One's+fan+is+making+this+weird+noise
    Edited by: "mixmixi" 14th Jan

Original Poster

I have warranty and it hasn't been voided but every time I get it repaired it comes back the same

Original Poster

xfaxfa

how old is the console?

2 months

Original Poster

All they do is advance exchanges which they have done now 4 times and they are scratched consoles but have the same issue. The Xbox support said the sounds are not normal as I send them it on twitter however they say that they can only do another advance exchange

Original Poster

All they do is advance exchanges which they have done now 4 times and they are scratched consoles but have the same issue. The Xbox support said the sounds are not normal as I send them it on twitter however they say that they can only do another advance exchange

Original Poster

xfaxfa

Then under the Consumer Rights Act you're entitled to a replacement … Then under the Consumer Rights Act you're entitled to a replacement console or a refund.This is the detailed website:http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/contents/enactedThis is a brief version:http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

Thanks for clearing things up. Does anyone have any CEO email addresses which I can contact as the xbox support isn't able to do anything?

Where did you purchase from?

Original Poster

Bartleby

Where did you purchase from?

Tesco but they won't refund me just keep saying go to Microsoft who I have already been to
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Looking for help/advice finding a weeks holiday in September please??56
      2. GAP Insurance Recommendations11
      3. Any discount for paultons park?22
      4. New Layout is Confusing: How to I navigate to specific items!?56

See more discussions