Expired

Xbox One or PS4 controller for PC use?

3 replies
Found 4th Jul 2014
Hello all. I'm looking to buy a new controller for use with my gaming PC ONLY. I am comfortable using both the DS3 and the 360 controller. So what I would like to know is whether there are any benefits or drawbacks for either of these... especially when it comes to PC use and compatibility.

thanks in advance

3 Comments

Much as I'm a fan of the DS4, if you're just looking for a controller to use on PC, the Xbox One controller would be the way to go. The DS4 isn't officially supported for PC use, though there are third-party drivers that you can try (under ongoing development, so unlikely to be bug-free); uk.pcmag.com/con…-pc

By contrast, Microsoft released official PC drivers for the Xbox One controller at the start of last month: news.xbox.com/201…ler

Original Poster

Illusionary

Much as I'm a fan of the DS4, if you're just looking for a controller to … Much as I'm a fan of the DS4, if you're just looking for a controller to use on PC, the Xbox One controller would be the way to go. The DS4 isn't officially supported for PC use, though there are third-party drivers that you can try (under ongoing development, so unlikely to be bug-free); http://uk.pcmag.com/controllers-accessories-products/feature/6030/how-to-use-a-ps4-dualshock-4-controller-on-a-pcBy contrast, Microsoft released official PC drivers for the Xbox One controller at the start of last month: http://news.xbox.com/2014/06/xbox-one-pc-drivers-for-xbox-one-controller

think I might go with the xbone one after all, the 360 controller has worked perfectly for me in the past. Thanks for the response mate!

one more thing (hate to be a pain) is there many new features with the xbone controller, is it worth the price difference getting an xbone controller as opposed to a 360 controller

Xbox controller as it's fully supported without any workarounds.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75865
    2. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…99
    3. E: 22/09 (+6) Win £40,000, a BMW X4 and a Gadget Bundle with Good Morning B…88
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55

See more discussions