Groups

XBox one or xbox one s???

i am looking to get my son an xbox one, was going to get the xbox one s with fifa 17 for £249.99 now the argos deal is out with xbox one and free controller and game so getting xbox one, 2 games and 3 controllers for same price? unsure which console to get, any issues with original xbox one? also going to get external 2tb hard drive, any advice on what to get please or would you hang off just now for better deals? tia

12 Comments

Xbox slim ìs for 4k Tv so pointless if you dont have a 4k TV unless you are planning on getting one soon. Also there is no power brick with slim xbox and is 40% smaller. Personally I'm sticking with normal xbox one as I use it on an HD TV

Original Poster

yeah i dont have a 4k tv really not sure which oneto go for, some people saying why go for a 3 year model then you get 3 controllers and 2 games and console for £249.99 #confused

Buy old version, since you can have it cheaper with games and extra controllers. There is no point in buying "S" version, even if you have 4k tv to be honest.

Original Poster

Admast79

Buy old version, since you can have it cheaper with games and extra … Buy old version, since you can have it cheaper with games and extra controllers. There is no point in buying "S" version, even if you have 4k tv to be honest.

​thanks

Yeah I would get normal xbox one with extra games and controllers and like you said a 2tb external hard drive which will give loads of storage space including the 500 gb built into the console

I have a 4k tv and still purchased the old Xbox One, not really any benefit in getting the new one at the minute imo.

Original Poster

reddevil2015

Yeah I would get normal xbox one with extra games and controllers and … Yeah I would get normal xbox one with extra games and controllers and like you said a 2tb external hard drive which will give loads of storage space including the 500 gb built into the console

​thanks, my son has just came in from school and decided on the xbox one s then i read him these comments and he has said think he will justgo with original xbox one X)

shazzamac

​thanks, my son has just came in from school and decided on the xbox one s … ​thanks, my son has just came in from school and decided on the xbox one s then i read him these comments and he has said think he will justgo with original xbox one X)

​No bother, glad to help

I'd personally just go with the original xb1, while the xbox s supports 4k, it's only via video. The games themselves aren't true 4k just upscaled. If you want true 4k gaming then the Project Scorpio is the one to go for when hopefully it's released next year.
    Edited by: "Evouk" 29th Aug 2016

Original Poster

thanks for all the advice i think we will go for original xbox one

Also worth getting him to check which console all his mates have as you cant play with people on ps4 with xboxone. Both consoles are basically the same barring exclusive games so usually the deal breaker is what all their mates have

Original Poster

he has a ps4 already heshad it for 2 years so wants an xbox one this year as a few of his friends have that hecurrently has an xbox 360 but hes had that about 4 years so think hes going to sell that
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Gear best shipping?44
      2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?44
      3. Virgin Media TV56
      4. Tooth extraction99
      5. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?611

See more discussions