Groups

xbox one power brick noises

Hi all,

My power brick is making some vibrating Noises lately. I'm not sure if this is normal? Has anyone else experienced this?

12 Comments

Unplug it and give it a blow out, might have something caught in the fan inside

Probably dusty

Still under warranty ?
    Edited by: "kester76" 21st Aug 2016

Original Poster

kester76

Still under warranty ?

​Nah, had it ages now. I'll keep an eye on it. I tend to unplug it when I'm not Using it just in case

itsdavidjones1984

​Nah, had it ages now. I'll keep an eye on it. I tend to unplug it when I … ​Nah, had it ages now. I'll keep an eye on it. I tend to unplug it when I'm not Using it just in case

Might just be a noisy step down transformer. Mostly you hear whistles and whines off PSUs though​

Original Poster

I banged it hard on the floor a few times and the noise stopped lol. Trust old methods of smash it worked

itsdavidjones1984

I banged it hard on the floor a few times and the noise stopped lol. … I banged it hard on the floor a few times and the noise stopped lol. Trust old methods of smash it worked

​Percussive maintenance

Original Poster

Who's the person who always dislikes every comment on the thread?!

itsdavidjones1984

Who's the person who always dislikes every comment on the thread?!

well i pressed + for every comment & they still went back to -

skool holidays tho, innit!

my PSU was getting a bit wheezy & i just used gave it a shake & it seems all good now

epic mushroom

well i pressed + for every comment & they still went back to - :(skool … well i pressed + for every comment & they still went back to - :(skool holidays tho, innit! my PSU was getting a bit wheezy & i just used gave it a shake & it seems all good now

+ only works on one comment per thread

- works on every one if you so wish

daft rule

chocci

+ only works on one comment per thread- works on every one if you so … + only works on one comment per thread- works on every one if you so wishdaft rule

Not for me I think you're being rationed for giving them out like candy

Oh, when I update the screen they flip back The man giveth the man taketh away
    Edited by: "kester76" 22nd Aug 2016

kester76

Not for me I think you're being rationed for giving them out like … Not for me I think you're being rationed for giving them out like candy ;)Oh, when I update the screen they flip back The man giveth the man taketh away

exactly - people probably give a +ve to all the constructive comments not realising only the last one actually counts

yet the trolls / kids can give a -ve to every comment

hotukdeals.com/fee…664
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free JackpotJoy Plate56
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717

See more discussions