Xbox One S All-Digital Edition to Launch on 7th May 2019 - Pre-orders now LIVE from £174.16

Refreshed 16th Apr (Posted 6th Mar)
Update 17/04, as expected MS have now launched pre-orders for their All-Digital Xbox One:

Pre-order links are starting to trickle in - see below.

Xbox One S 1TB Digital + Sea of Thieves + Forza Horizon 3 + Minecraft £174.16 @ Microsoft Store (Via Electronic First)Thanks @reindeer333 -

Xbox One S 1TB All-Digital Edition console | Xbox Wireless Controller | Minecraft | Sea of Thieves | Forza Horizon 3 £199.99 (thanks @Smash77 )

Xbox One S 1TB All-Digital Edition console | Xbox Wireless Controller | Minecraft | Sea of Thieves | Forza Horizon 3 £199

I'll be checkoing throughout the day but any other retailers, let me know
3192820.jpg

Go all digital with the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition and build a library of digital games that travels with you and is available in the cloud. Take your cloud saves on the go, and enjoy the ability to preorder and pre-install upcoming games so you’re ready to play the moment they launch. Expand your options with Xbox Game Pass, discovering and downloading over 100 great game

3-Month Xbox Game Pass or (1 month Xbox Live Gold + 1,000 Apex Coins) for £1 (Thanks @matwalaboy )

Xbox Backwards Compatible Spring Sale Titles - From 84p (thanks @BuzzDuraband )

Update 15/04/19 : The console will come with a 1TB hard drive, with pre-installed copies of Minecraft, Sea of Thieves, and Forza Horizon 3.

Bundles are expected to come in at around the 230 Euro mark - expect similar in UK markets at £230ish price point, rarely see conversion like for like but we can hope.

Bundles confirmed at £199.99!

Watch the event unfold LIVE on the links below from 10pm UK time 16/04/19

Twitch TV

Mixer

YouTube

Facebook

youtube.com/use…box

Source

There's strong rumours across the WWW that Microsoft are set to launch an ALL DIGITAL Xbox One S in April this year, with the consoles being shipped in the first half of May 2019.

I'm all for new consoles but i'm not sure i quite get them, Microsoft, launching ANOTHER Xbox One S without a disc-drive.

Yes, it's great for digital-only users but unless it's more powerful and/or cheaper than the current prices of a Xbox One S atm, with a disc-drive, will it struggle?

Especially with a lack of a 4K drive for other media.

Prices are also usually much higher elsewhere on digital stores, that goes for all publishers like PlayStation & Nintendo.

Yes the Xbox Pass is good value for money, that's coming from a PlayStation fan myself, maybe you'll get a 6/12 month sub with a new bundle.

Now and again we have Xbox digital sales also, maybe they'll offer even deeper discounts?

Would you be interested in an all-digital Xbox hardware? if so what price would you be willing to bite at?

3192820.jpg
3192820.jpg
Community Updates
Available to Pre-order at Microsoft Store for £199.99
Top comments
Don't understand digital only, you throw away so much money compared to physical.
I think they're testing the water on disk less machines before deciding what way to go with the next main console
Edited by: "Matthaus" 6th Mar
I never understood why gamers spend (often more) for digital copies which have no resale value. Why do they sell digital games at the same or higher price compared to physical copies? What is the rational? Surely the companies are saving a lot by avoiding storage, shipping, manufacturing costs so why is this not passed to the consumer?
Sorry but I just think digital is a scam for them to reduce costs and make more money and for theat reason Im not investing.... :P
khirsah3 m ago

Disagree, I use foreign stores to save money, and I like to keep games so …Disagree, I use foreign stores to save money, and I like to keep games so don’t sell them on. Had PS4 rdr2 for £33 on launch day and was playing it 6 hours before everyone else.

If MS and Sony go digital only there is every chance they will close the foreign store loop holes. You can never rely on a work round. Would you feel so keen if the UK store was you only option and it was £60 on launch day?
292 Comments
wadz6th Mar

I never understood why gamers spend (often more) for digital copies which …I never understood why gamers spend (often more) for digital copies which have no resale value. Why do they sell digital games at the same or higher price compared to physical copies? What is the rational? Surely the companies are saving a lot by avoiding storage, shipping, manufacturing costs so why is this not passed to the consumer?Sorry but I just think digital is a scam for them to reduce costs and make more money and for theat reason Im not investing.... :P

I buy all my games on store, youre right it costs alot more money no resale value etc. I plan on keeping my account forever and dont mind paying the bit extra knowing i own the games and licenses for life. WHo knows 30 years from now could have grandkids around playing some black ops 2 split screen or blasting through some halo campaigns
wadz6th Mar

I never understood why gamers spend (often more) for digital copies which …I never understood why gamers spend (often more) for digital copies which have no resale value. Why do they sell digital games at the same or higher price compared to physical copies? What is the rational? Surely the companies are saving a lot by avoiding storage, shipping, manufacturing costs so why is this not passed to the consumer?Sorry but I just think digital is a scam for them to reduce costs and make more money and for theat reason Im not investing.... :P

Download is just easier, no need for loads of shelf space to store games, can swap between games without needing to find the game and change disks or even need to get out of your chair, i have games going back a long time that I never got around to selling. I only buy download games these days. By the way, disk based games are digital too, CD, DVD and Blu-Ray are digital storage media, not analogue. So digital doesn't mean "download".
Xconnoro5 m ago

I buy all my games on store, youre right it costs alot more money no …I buy all my games on store, youre right it costs alot more money no resale value etc. I plan on keeping my account forever and dont mind paying the bit extra knowing i own the games and licenses for life. WHo knows 30 years from now could have grandkids around playing some black ops 2 split screen or blasting through some halo campaigns

You don't own the games, that's the issue. Digital is not permanent, link

techradar.com/uk/…hip

30 years from now the XBN may have shut down and you've lost those games forever, whereas the people who bought physical....
PhilKelix21 h, 56 m ago

You don't own the games, that's the issue. Digital is not permanent, …You don't own the games, that's the issue. Digital is not permanent, linkhttps://www.techradar.com/uk/news/the-double-edge-of-digital-games-and-changing-ownership30 years from now the XBN may have shut down and you've lost those games forever, whereas the people who bought physical....

True but not many will want to play these games in 30 years anyway.

We are living in a digital age, people are ok accessing a movie or game in the moment then moving on to something new. Disposable media I guess.

There will always be people like us who prefer physical but it wont be forever.
PhilKelix22 h, 22 m ago

Utterly pointless console. There is NO reason to buy this thing.

Well if it was half the price all you need is a cheap gold and gamepass subscription and you are set. MS give so much content in those memberships that you would never need buy a game at all. I'm sure for some that might be an option. But certainly at this price it does seem pointless.
stingersplash14 m ago

Well if it was half the price all you need is a cheap gold and gamepass …Well if it was half the price all you need is a cheap gold and gamepass subscription and you are set. MS give so much content in those memberships that you would never need buy a game at all. I'm sure for some that might be an option. But certainly at this price it does seem pointless.

But it's not half the price, that's what makes it pointless. It's also not any smaller either.

You can get exactly the same thing with a disc drive for practically the same price. Ergo, pointless.

Regarding 30 year old games - there's a huge market for retro gaming, hence NES, SNES, PS1, Atari and Sega Geneis classic mini consoles. I only brought that figure up because the other guy did, but the same thing applies. Any digitial distribution service can be pulled at any time, and you lose everything.
PhilKelix210 m ago

But it's not half the price, that's what makes it pointless. It's also not …But it's not half the price, that's what makes it pointless. It's also not any smaller either.You can get exactly the same thing with a disc drive for practically the same price. Ergo, pointless.Regarding 30 year old games - there's a huge market for retro gaming, hence NES, SNES, PS1, Atari and Sega Geneis classic mini consoles. I only brought that figure up because the other guy did, but the same thing applies. Any digitial distribution service can be pulled at any time, and you lose everything.

There is a huge market for retro gaming for sure but in 30 years I'm not going to have nostalgia for something I played in my 30s. Besides a lot of people play those older games on emulators. The same thing can happen with these in the far future I guess?
PhilKelix23 h, 35 m ago

You don't own the games, that's the issue. Digital is not permanent, …You don't own the games, that's the issue. Digital is not permanent, linkhttps://www.techradar.com/uk/news/the-double-edge-of-digital-games-and-changing-ownership30 years from now the XBN may have shut down and you've lost those games forever, whereas the people who bought physical....

The Division 2's day one patch is 90GB for physical edition owners on PS4eurogamer.net/art…ps4

I enjoy collecting physical Nintendo games but for PlayStation and Xbox it is becoming pointless
.Yoshi.2 h, 25 m ago

The Division 2's day one patch is 90GB for physical edition owners on PS4 …The Division 2's day one patch is 90GB for physical edition owners on PS4 https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-03-08-the-division-2s-day-one-patch-is-90gb-for-physical-edition-owners-on-ps4I enjoy collecting physical Nintendo games but for PlayStation and Xbox it is becoming pointless

i have had this feeling for ages that a lot of these patches updates are in actual fact not an update/patch but are actually the whole game or a whole section of the game, which to me means they could release just the patch and allow everyone to update the game they already have on their drive but that they rather for their own reasons rerelease the whole game for download

this practice subtley convinces gamers to favour digital downloads imo
Edited by: "ijwia" 18th Apr
Amazing. I bought XBox one S for less than 150£ with two controllers on Amazon last October ( after sold RDR2 and ACO to Cex) . Now I can have for 199 £ the same console without extra controller, without BR and with crappy games. Deal of the year I have to say.....Microsoft didn't learn a lesson , why he lost with PS4 and how quickly they withdraw they plans for online only console.
ijwia1 h, 34 m ago

i have had this feeling for ages that a lot of these patches updates are …i have had this feeling for ages that a lot of these patches updates are in actual fact not an update/patch but are actually the whole game or a whole section of the game, which to me means they could release just the patch and allow everyone to update the game they already have on their drive but that they rather for their own reasons rerelease the whole game for downloadthis practice subtley convinces gamers to favour digital downloads imo

Agree. Think it is the Spyro Trilogy that only one of games is on the disc while the other two need to be downloaded making a physical copy pointless basically.
What a dreadful idea, they tried this with the PSP Go (albeit we were in a much less digital age) and it completely flopped
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions