Groups

Xbox One S Controller Scrolling Right

So I bought an xbox over the black friday period, set it up on Sunday and now the controller is just moving right on the screen. I have down a complete power down to no avail, holding the power button for 8 seconds until it went off.

By the way I only use the Console for UHD blu-ray play back no gaming.

This is ridiculous for a new Console because I am new to the Xbox Platform.

Thanks in advance.

13 Comments

Check you havent pushed too hard and have the rubber top pushed down under the plastic on the controller.

Banned

Rather than winge about it, why don't you return it as it's faulty?

Original Poster

Gentle_Giant

Check you havent pushed too hard and have the rubber top pushed down … Check you havent pushed too hard and have the rubber top pushed down under the plastic on the controller.

I have its not pushed too hard, still no joy.

WonkyDoctor

​This^^^

You'll get a replacement. I bought a console and extra controller and mine are fine you've obviously got a faulty one if you haven't damaged it yourself.

saayinla

I have its not pushed too hard, still no joy.

Ok, its just that I have seen no end of controllers where the button was stuck down from over enthusiastic fragging..

Original Poster

I could do this but trying to see if Its just a sticky key or rebooting the console alone would fix it saves me the hassle of returning for a new console.

WonkyDoctor

WonkyDoctor

I would love to return for a new console if that is the only way forward, Like I said in my opening post, I bought this over the Black friday period and only just set it up in the bedroom purely for 4K Disc playbad and I haven't played a single game on it, I sold the Code for the Fifa that came with the console so also the extra Controller. I have been using the Xbox app on my phone but decided to use the physical controller today and then this happened.

Make sure your joysticks are in the neutral position when console is turned on as if u turn it on with them pushed to the left it will thinks that left is centre so then when actually in centre will think you are pushing it right (hope that makes sense)

burga1982

Make sure your joysticks are in the neutral position when console is … Make sure your joysticks are in the neutral position when console is turned on as if u turn it on with them pushed to the left it will thinks that left is centre so then when actually in centre will think you are pushing it right (hope that makes sense)

This, also make sure the pad is updated.

Original Poster

burga1982

Make sure your joysticks are in the neutral position when console is … Make sure your joysticks are in the neutral position when console is turned on as if u turn it on with them pushed to the left it will thinks that left is centre so then when actually in centre will think you are pushing it right (hope that makes sense)

Assuming this is the case How do I reverse this?

Original Poster

Thanks people look slike this will have to go back unless the controller can just be swapped.

saayinla

I could do this but trying to see if Its just a sticky key or rebooting … I could do this but trying to see if Its just a sticky key or rebooting the console alone would fix it saves me the hassle of returning for a new console.I would love to return for a new console if that is the only way forward, Like I said in my opening post, I bought this over the Black friday period and only just set it up in the bedroom purely for 4K Disc playbad and I haven't played a single game on it, I sold the Code for the Fifa that came with the console so also the extra Controller. I have been using the Xbox app on my phone but decided to use the physical controller today and then this happened.

​Surely they'll just swap the controller not the whole console. where did you purchase it from?

Original Poster

adhkarzf

​Surely they'll just swap the controller not the whole console. where did … ​Surely they'll just swap the controller not the whole console. where did you purchase it from?

John Lewis... Spoke with them over the phone, Guy initially said he ll swap the whole bundle..Console plus extra Controller which is kind of stoopid thing to do and I ll rather just have a new controller given I could have had a new bundle with new Fifa code, but couldn't be bothered, in the end he said he could get me a new controller to swap with the faulty one but no stock of white controller at the moment if I was happy to wait for new stock over the weekend to give em a call on monday.

saayinla

John Lewis... Spoke with them over the phone, Guy initially said he ll … John Lewis... Spoke with them over the phone, Guy initially said he ll swap the whole bundle..Console plus extra Controller which is kind of stoopid thing to do and I ll rather just have a new controller given I could have had a new bundle with new Fifa code, but couldn't be bothered, in the end he said he could get me a new controller to swap with the faulty one but no stock of white controller at the moment if I was happy to wait for new stock over the weekend to give em a call on monday.

​I just had to return my first xbox to John lewis as it was faulty. I opted for a refund and it took them numerous phone calls to issue my refund as I paid with PayPal. Prior to that over an hour long phone call with tech support trying to sort the problem.
    at least you have a 2 year warranty with John lewis. We bought the current one from tesco and not had any problems with this one. I seem to have no luck with John lewis anything I buy from them ends up needing the 2 year warranty as it breaks down.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767482
      2. Bearded chat13
      3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1932
      4. One thing you've forgotten1517

See more discussions