Groups

Xbox One S. DNS error BT Smart Hub

I'm trying to set up an Xbox One S for someone and I'm unable to get it to connect to their BT Smart Hub router. I've tried both wired and wireless and keep getting an error 'the DNS is not resolving Xbox server names'. any idea how this can be fixed? Glad i bought myself a PS4.

11 Comments

when you are connecting to it wirelessly, do you go through automatic settings or manual?

Have you looked in the router setings to alllow Ports for Xbox? there is usually a pre setup xbox setting.

Get a decent router. BT hubs are rebranded off-the-shelf cheap crap.

Original Poster

raks_8

when you are connecting to it wirelessly, do you go through automatic … when you are connecting to it wirelessly, do you go through automatic settings or manual?

​automatic. its being set up from new so has never connected and can't see an option to bypass this part of the setup just he he can use it without being connected to the internet

Original Poster

markvirgo

Have you looked in the router setings to alllow Ports for Xbox? there is … Have you looked in the router setings to alllow Ports for Xbox? there is usually a pre setup xbox setting.

​yeh, theres something already set up for the Xbox in port forwarding, this must have happened automatically.

Try turning off the smart setup in the advanced network setting of the router and restart it

Original Poster

Bertz99

Try turning off the smart setup in the advanced network setting of the … Try turning off the smart setup in the advanced network setting of the router and restart it

​smart setup has already been turned off

Original Poster

toiletseatlicker

You tube

​thats of no use at the moment as i cannot get it to even get to the main Xbox menu as you need to connect to the internet as soon as you turn the Xbox one on and go through the set up.

twisted89

Get a decent router. BT hubs are rebranded off-the-shelf cheap crap.

No they're not, BT design their own routers, infact BT are in the top 3 UK companies for money invested in R&D.

PKRichie

No they're not, BT design their own routers, infact BT are in the top 3 … No they're not, BT design their own routers, infact BT are in the top 3 UK companies for money invested in R&D.

All routers for all providers are cheap crap
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which Kodi Add-ons?55
      2. Battery drain on iOS 1155
      3. Breath of the Wild Replacement Cover?11
      4. breakfree holiday passwords67

See more discussions