Groups

xbox one s fan noise

hey guys,

Wonder if someone can clarify this for me. I got a 'Xbox one s' from Very last week.

I can hear the fan spinning, no odd sounds like clicking, etc. But I heard the fan should be silent with no noise coming out of it, but I am unsure what is considered as normal fan noise for the xbox?

I am thinking of keeping it, but i am worried if the problem gets worse over the next few months.

Also do Microsoft provide a warranty for this, or should I get a extended warranty from Very?

thanks

7 Comments

Mine is silent and has been since August this year. Xbox 1S TB

Banned

I would return it and get another and maybe extended warranty for piece of mind

I had this, also called "coil whine". I had mine replaced and got a silent one but others have had to replace it 3-4 times to get one that is silent.

Original Poster

dusktilldawn

Mine is silent and has been since August this year. Xbox 1S TB

aaah nice luck you (_;). Could u please check this. say if u get get close to your console few (10) inches away. Can it still be heard?

DealDog

aaah nice luck you (_;). Could u please check this. say if u get get … aaah nice luck you (_;). Could u please check this. say if u get get close to your console few (10) inches away. Can it still be heard?

The only time it ever makes a noise is with a disk. Most quiet console I have ever had.

Original Poster

dusktilldawn

The only time it ever makes a noise is with a disk. Most quiet console I … The only time it ever makes a noise is with a disk. Most quiet console I have ever had.

thanks dude, will be need get touch with Very.

Even though the noise is not as bad on some reported ones. it is noticeable and can get annoying and worrying for long term....

Original Poster

Very told me to contact the manufacturer and get their view on it.....

Microsoft customer support not available on Sun, will try during the week then
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876397
      2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251373
      3. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2543
      4. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?69

See more discussions