Xbox One S fan noise

Found 12th Mar 2017
Just purchased a new Xbox One S 1tb today and noticed the fan makes a bit of a humming/ticking noise. It's not terrible but can be distracting. Anyone else buy a new one that did this? Did the noise get worse over time?
Community Updates
AskFanHeadphonesXbox
11 Comments
mine was the same, took it back and my new one is very quite, loads of mentions online. take it back.
I'm not sure what the noise is meant to be like. Is it just the noise of the air blowing with no buzz?
I looked into it when I noticed and it's basicly just to do with the bearing inside the fan, it's nothing to worry about but the noise is really annoying especially when watching a movie, so took it back, and my new 1 I can't hear it.
Cool, hope I don't get any crap from the shop thinking I'm too fussy. You Tube has lots of vids with the same noise. Some people had to change it 3 times. Mine is the 1tb latest gear of war package.
should be pretty easy to take it back, unless you bought it from game because there crap for returning products. mines just the 500gb version
Bought my sons from amazon.. the fan was noisey and he had broken a stick on his controller. Amazon sent a new console and controller out the next day and took the return with no fuss. Send it back asap!
Noise when installing is normal otherwise send back but don't panic Microsoft after sales is very good
Have you considered ear plugs?
monkey1999

Noise when installing is normal otherwise send back but don't panic … Noise when installing is normal otherwise send back but don't panic Microsoft after sales is very good

​I guess M$ is a last resort. I want the shop just to switch it over. My fear is getting something even louder. Fingers crossed I get lucky. I should let my mate pick the next console for me as everyone he buys is whisper quiet. Ha Ha
Decoded

​I guess M$ is a last resort. I want the shop just to switch it over. My f … ​I guess M$ is a last resort. I want the shop just to switch it over. My fear is getting something even louder. Fingers crossed I get lucky. I should let my mate pick the next console for me as everyone he buys is whisper quiet. Ha Ha

My old ps4 is like a jet at times lol. Can be irritatin as hell
123batman321

My old ps4 is like a jet at times lol. Can be irritatin as hell

​The noise isn't terrible just a bit distracting when you hear the ticking noise of the fan. It seems to have annoyed a lot of people who watch films etc. Will try to swap it at the weekend with the store. Those old PS4 were loud. A game like Doom really cranks the fan up.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants