Xbox one s monitor

Found 29th Oct 2017
I have a box one s since release its hooked up to a LG 24 monitor and fine for gaming although the monitor is aged a bit should I go upgrade to 4k monitor 60hz ? my current monitor 1080 60hz I may be tempted to get the Xbox one x in the future any suggestions?
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
24" is about right for 1080p but at 4k it's a joke. Better off paying out for the console instead of a new monitor
kester7629th Oct 2017

24" is about right for 1080p but at 4k it's a joke. Better off paying out …24" is about right for 1080p but at 4k it's a joke. Better off paying out for the console instead of a new monitor

That depends entirely on viewing distance.

@Splice I don't know what 'aged a bit' means, but there are so many interesting technologies on the horizon - OLED, HDR, HFR, VRR - that now probably isn't the time to upgrade unless it's really knackered. Give it another five years.
Original Poster
It's about 5 or 6 years old and for 4k I was looking at 27 inch not 24 . I mean my old monitor don't even have freesync or any of the modern features just pondering I guess
Stuff like Freesync is only supported by PCs. The Xbox One X is rumoured to support HDMI 2.1's form of variable refresh rate but It wouldn't surprise me if it was incompatible with current Freesync over HDMI implementations.

For PCs now is a good time to upgrade because those technologies are supported, and the new stuff like OLED and HDR is likely to be more troublesome on PCs because of non-game compatibility.

Consoles are looking like they'll be the other way round, catching up with the stuff PC already has and getting more universal benefit from the stuff coming in from the TV side of things.

You'll benefit from the extra resolution once you get the Xbox One X if you're sat close enough (under 80-100cm away), although your current S will probably be less sharp but if it's only 5-6 years old I'd wait until bigger improvements are available.
Original Poster
So freesync won't benefit a Xbox one x? and a Xbox one x on 1080 a huge improvement or just a bit of a improvement considering its 1080 not 4k. Hdr monitors I'll probably be crazy expensive I'm guessing lol
Splice1 h, 44 m ago

So freesync won't benefit a Xbox one x?

The majority of Freesync displays operate over DisplayPort, and we know the Xbox One X only has HDMI outputs so they definitely won't work. I haven't heard either way whether the HDMI ones will be compatible or whether the HDMI 2.1 implementation changed something that means it's incompatible with AMD's original.

Splice1 h, 44 m ago

And a Xbox one x on 1080 a huge improvement or just a bit of a improvement …And a Xbox one x on 1080 a huge improvement or just a bit of a improvement considering its 1080 not 4k.

The difference between a Full HD S, a Full HD X and a 4K X will depend on the game and viewing distance. If high frame rates are well supported then Full HD might even be preferable - some PC gamers certainly prefer 1920x1080@144hz over 3840x2160@60hz.

Splice1 h, 44 m ago

Hdr monitors I'll probably be crazy expensive I'm guessing lol

For the real thing, yeah. I'd expect £1k at a minimum and £2k for the initial couple of models wouldn't be surprising. In five years time they should have come down to £500-600 though, possibly a bit less.
Original Poster
I looked at a LG 4k monitor 27 inch 4k 60hz HDMI 2 supports freesync throghe HDMI I may get this if the price drops reviews say games look amazing its a tn panel with low input lag I'm tempted I dunno might do if the price drops or I might just forget it and keep my 1080 for few years to come such a confusing time regarding monitors
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions