Expired

XBOX one S or X?

Found 6th Feb
I am a PC gamer ever since Halo 4 came out. I have played Halo 3 for 7 years straight since release and I have at least 5k hours on Halo 3 and it was the best game in the world. Ever since Halo 4 came out I quit xbox and never touched the Xbox again because halo 4 was a disgrace and Halo after 3 are all pure shit!

I want to start playing console again, but not sure which one I need to get? There are so many XBOX!
Is there a chart like for every xbox spec, features and all the funky stuff they added in the years? Xbox X is so expensive. I think I get the xbox one S but not sure if I should just get the Xbox One instead? Also how much are xbox games now? Is Fortnite free? It's free on the PC. scam if it's full price on console

Also, can I still use my 2007 gamertag on the new consoles? I want to play halo 3 and the halo 3 remake (ive heard theres a remake?). I appreciate the help.

Off topic - Is there a way to check my HALO 3 stats by entering my Gamertag? Back in the day you can do this on Bungie but cant anymore
Community Updates
AskGaming
9 Comments
deleted800342
X
Xbox one X is mainly for 4k do you have a 4k TV if not get an xbox one S
You get what you pay for, just go for the best you can afford
deleted800342
Sophia199330 m ago

Can you explain Why?

It's better.
If you've got a 4K TV, or are planning to buy one soonish, then go for the Xbox One X if you can afford it. Go for the One S if you can't afford it or don't have a 4K TV.

The hardware is better on the X, the HDD is bigger (although that's not really an issue given you can plug an external one in) and it's a newer machine. I don't know if Fortnite is free without looking and I can't be bothered to at the moment, but if you're going be playing games on the Xbox that you've been playing on the PC then expect to get your arse handed to for a while as you'll suck with a joypad.

Your gamertag should still be available if you still have the email address you used originally, try logging in on Xbox.com to see, and I don't know about the stats. If they're not available on Bungie, then I would expect they're not as no one else has any interest in storing them
Cakeboy7914 m ago

If you've got a 4K TV, or are planning to buy one soonish, then go for the …If you've got a 4K TV, or are planning to buy one soonish, then go for the Xbox One X if you can afford it. Go for the One S if you can't afford it or don't have a 4K TV.The hardware is better on the X, the HDD is bigger (although that's not really an issue given you can plug an external one in) and it's a newer machine. I don't know if Fortnite is free without looking and I can't be bothered to at the moment, but if you're going be playing games on the Xbox that you've been playing on the PC then expect to get your arse handed to for a while as you'll suck with a joypad.Your gamertag should still be available if you still have the email address you used originally, try logging in on Xbox.com to see, and I don't know about the stats. If they're not available on Bungie, then I would expect they're not as no one else has any interest in storing them

Thank you for your answer:)

I do have a 4ktv but i will most likely play on my 2k pc monitor in my room. does the one s support 1440p monitors? Also can I play halo 3 on the one S? can I use the xbox 360 halo disk?
Sophia19932 h, 21 m ago

Thank you for your answer:)I do have a 4ktv but i will most likely play on …Thank you for your answer:)I do have a 4ktv but i will most likely play on my 2k pc monitor in my room. does the one s support 1440p monitors? Also can I play halo 3 on the one S? can I use the xbox 360 halo disk?

Halo 3 is available on backwards compatability. Here's the current list of all the tiltles:

xbox.com/en-…mes

That's a lot of hours on one game, Sophia1993! And I thought my meagre 227hrs on Fallout 3 was a lot. Hehe. I guess we all have a go-to game you just can't put down, eh?
Phsycronix11 h, 49 m ago

Halo 3 is available on backwards compatability. Here's the current list of …Halo 3 is available on backwards compatability. Here's the current list of all the tiltles:https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility/available-gamesThat's a lot of hours on one game, Sophia1993! And I thought my meagre 227hrs on Fallout 3 was a lot. Hehe. I guess we all have a go-to game you just can't put down, eh?

Does that mean I can use my old halo disk and play on the one S? Also can the one S play on 1440p monitors?

Thank you
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants