Found 22nd Sep 2016
Hi,

Since buying my Xbox One secondhand around 1 year ago I've had access to Xbox Live Gold even though I've never bought a subscription. It was later I found out that the previous owner must be sharing with this console still.

My question is, if I buy a new Xbox One S is there any way I can transfer this over myself or will I lose this privilege? I'd love to buy the new console but if I means I will then have to buy Xbox Live Gold each year I think I'll leave it.

Thanks in advance.

10 Comments

No you cannot, you will need the previous owners email address and password to have the same privileges as your old xbox one

Original Poster

johnwillowlfc

No you cannot, you will need the previous owners email address and … No you cannot, you will need the previous owners email address and password to have the same privileges as your old xbox one

I see, I thought that may be the case but I thought I'd ask on the off chance that I could somehow just migrat the data over and I would keep everything. Thanks for your help.

Original Poster

johnwillowlfc

No you cannot, you will need the previous owners email address and … No you cannot, you will need the previous owners email address and password to have the same privileges as your old xbox one

One more question if I may. Is there any way I can tell how long their gold subscription is for?

I am still a little confused as to how I have these privileges since there are no other accounts on this console. I assume perhaps this console I have was set as a home console however they removed their profile before selling?

joshp

One more question if I may. Is there any way I can tell how long their … One more question if I may. Is there any way I can tell how long their gold subscription is for? I am still a little confused as to how I have these privileges since there are no other accounts on this console. I assume perhaps this console I have was set as a home console however they removed their profile before selling?

​Best thing to do is call Microsoft and ask them.

joshp

One more question if I may. Is there any way I can tell how long their … One more question if I may. Is there any way I can tell how long their gold subscription is for? I am still a little confused as to how I have these privileges since there are no other accounts on this console. I assume perhaps this console I have was set as a home console however they removed their profile before selling?

Only way to find out is to access the account from previous owner, I wouldn't call Microsoft as they may remove these privileges as they wouldn't want you getting the for free now, you can get a 12 month sub for around £30

Original Poster

The_IMF

​Best thing to do is call Microsoft and ask them.

I don't think that's wise just in case, I'd rather not lose my privileges. My Gold subscription ran out in late 2015.

Original Poster

johnwillowlfc

Only way to find out is to access the account from previous owner, I … Only way to find out is to access the account from previous owner, I wouldn't call Microsoft as they may remove these privileges as they wouldn't want you getting the for free now, you can get a 12 month sub for around £30

Thanks again. Yeah I don't plan on calling them. I don't remember who I bought the console from to be honest so I guess I will have to leave and stick with this one.

joshp

Thanks again. Yeah I don't plan on calling them. I don't remember who I … Thanks again. Yeah I don't plan on calling them. I don't remember who I bought the console from to be honest so I guess I will have to leave and stick with this one.

Yes mate i would just cross your fingers you get free xbox live for the lifetime of the console

Same with my ps4 lol. Only reason why im not gojng for ps4 pro

Original Poster

thecoolguy

Same with my ps4 lol. Only reason why im not gojng for ps4 pro

Nice one! Wish I had one on my PS4 too
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769604
    2. Add one, leave one game54415467
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522885
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604830

See more discussions