Expired

Xbox One sound through monitor without speakers/aux jack?

Found 7th Sep 2014
How do I go about getting my Xbox sound to work? It's connected via HDMI, the monitor has no built in speakers but have external ones. monitor also has no AUX jack output.

Is the only way to get the sound working to buy an s/spif to 3.5mm jack cable?
Community Updates
AskMonitorSpeakerXbox
9 Comments
Get a better monitor.
a nice little workaround might be the chat adapter. you can use this for game audio
You've not given much info here..
You can't get audio from a device that isn't hooked up to the speakers
Digital to analogue converter

I use one of these to run to my non XBoxOne headphones. You will also need a tos cable.
There are a few ways to achieve results here but they aren't exactly pretty. The truth is that your setup isn't ideal.

If it was me then I would invest in a HDMI pass through audio extractor like this:

amazon.co.uk/gp/…LSC?cache=a802561fe2f622e75f32ae3a406bc3ceπ=SY200_QL40&qid=1410164787&sr=8-1#ref=mp_s_a_1_1

Good luck
Your best and pretty much only option is to get a surround sound system with an optical port.
GoatzRus

Your best and pretty much only option is to get a surround sound system … Your best and pretty much only option is to get a surround sound system with an optical port.

Hahahahahaha, excellent advice.
If you buy the xbox one chat adapter, you get a 3.5mm port from the controller, and through this you can output both chat audio and game audio. With this you could use conventional headphones/ a headset (I do this) or run a 3.5mm cable to a set of speakers.

xbox.com/en-…ter
moorecore

If you buy the xbox one chat adapter, you get a 3.5mm port from the … If you buy the xbox one chat adapter, you get a 3.5mm port from the controller, and through this you can output both chat audio and game audio. With this you could use conventional headphones/ a headset (I do this) or run a 3.5mm cable to a set of speakers.http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/accessories/headsets/Stereo-Headset-Adapter#fbid=puvmW4Y5x7o

Thank you for all the replies people.

I have got this so will give this a try when I get home
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants