Groups

xbox one taking long to turn on

Hello, my xbox one original is stuck at this green screen with a logo! It has been like this for the past 30 minutes! It was working fine before but no isnt loading. What should i do? Ive tried turning it off, unplugging it from the wall for 10 minutes but it still wont work. Please help, Thanks in advance

18 Comments

do you have anything else plugged into it - USB devices, Kinect, Satellite/Cable etc ?, - If so i would try unplugging all these devices & taking any discs out - and then switched it off for 10 mins and switching it back on.

It's probably updating, or preparing to do so. Just leave it and wait. Although you say now that you've already done so, unplugging from the mains when it's doing this is generally a very bad idea.

Try a hard reset by holding down the power button while the console is on the green load screen. The console will power off completely. The power back on

Xbox takes years to turn on that's normal!

Original Poster

UberPark

Xbox takes years to turn on that's normal!

It used to turn on very quick before dont know whats happening now

Original Poster

Illusionary

It's probably updating, or preparing to do so. Just leave it and wait. … It's probably updating, or preparing to do so. Just leave it and wait. Although you say now that you've already done so, unplugging from the mains when it's doing this is generally a very bad idea.

I literally updated it yesterday

Hold down the power button whilst the console is on and don't let go till it goes off. Then power back on.. This will normally fix most problems

youtube.com/wat…YdM

check this video if you're still having problems from all the suggestions.
    good luck.

Original Poster

MichaelJ85

do you have anything else plugged into it - USB devices, Kinect, … do you have anything else plugged into it - USB devices, Kinect, Satellite/Cable etc ?, - If so i would try unplugging all these devices & taking any discs out - and then switched it off for 10 mins and switching it back on.

I have nothing plugged in apart from my hdmi cable and power cable

Original Poster

Grumpy_womble

Hold down the power button whilst the console is on and don't let go till … Hold down the power button whilst the console is on and don't let go till it goes off. Then power back on.. This will normally fix most problems

Tried this still wont work!

'it turned on quite quickly' leads me to believe that you have Xbox 'instant on' activated.. this instant I feature destroyed the speed capabilities of my Xbox, turn this feature off if u use it. (Turn it off when it eventually turns on for you)

Original Poster

Retro___

'it turned on quite quickly' leads me to believe that you have Xbox … 'it turned on quite quickly' leads me to believe that you have Xbox 'instant on' activated.. this instant I feature destroyed the speed capabilities of my Xbox, turn this feature off if u use it. (Turn it off when it eventually turns on for you)

Yeh i had this on just turned it off! It took 10 mins after my last post but finally got it working back to normal

it was a glitch in the latest update apparently read loads of people having the same issue
    I'm guessing your on the preview updates ?

Original Poster

stefromuk

it was a glitch in the latest update apparently read loads of people … it was a glitch in the latest update apparently read loads of people having the same issue I'm guessing your on the preview updates ?

Yeh i am

Consider yourself lucky. I gave up with the previews after one bricked my console (they said it was coincidence!). Got it repaired but still out of action for a couple of weeks.

Original Poster

Ar460rn

Consider yourself lucky. I gave up with the previews after one bricked my … Consider yourself lucky. I gave up with the previews after one bricked my console (they said it was coincidence!). Got it repaired but still out of action for a couple of weeks.

Im gonna try sell my current xbox and get the one s

VGamer

Im gonna try sell my current xbox and get the one s

​get ps4

Original Poster

undertakeaap

​get ps4

Ive got one
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions