Xbox one with slow internet

Found 6th Jun
Hi, the best speed I can get on my internet is 2mbps, and that's after an engineer has improved it!
I can't yet afford fibre which is newly available in my area, but my question is...will xbox one drive me crazy with the slow connection? It's been acceptable on 360, but I'm concerned it'll be a big issue. I'm aware downloading games would take forever, with the 360 I've just about always bought a physical copy, and that doesn't bother me much.Cheers, Mark
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Lots of Xbox one games require patches to be downloaded. That means even if you buy a physical game you may need to install a large update before you can play online. Not an issue if you play just offline games I guess.
as mentioned above almost all games require a download anyway usually quite large too.

three do the home fi that has an ethernet out port.

EE should be the fastest available but no ethernet port unless you can get a three homefi Unlocked.

can also try EE tethering maybe ??

make sure you got enough data though

only other thing is download over night or if you have local friend / neighbour maybe they can help?
It will drive you crazy. Even with physical games which have huge updates upon installing. The amount of times you are going to sit there ready to play a game and then BOOM update. Most of which are over 1GB.
Your connection probably kill you gaming online depending what games you play, fast past shooter you'd probably lag like a mofo
xbaassassin15 m ago

Your connection probably kill you gaming online depending what games you …Your connection probably kill you gaming online depending what games you play, fast past shooter you'd probably lag like a mofo

Oh I wouldn't dream of online gaming, I tried it on a Nintendo wii years back, when 2mb seemed a bit more acceptable, and it really wasn't!!
Thanks for all the replies
Get fibre then think about it, it’s not that expensive.
Fibre is unfortunately your best option modern consoles just demand it- in the mean time make sure your using an RJ45 Cat6 Cable or something to ensure a better connection than WiFi!
Edited by: "ASongOfFireAndIce" 7th Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants