Expired

Xbox one won't turn on

Found 28th Nov 2014
Bought this second hand was originally working fine, although I noticed the power brick fan seemed very loud. I reset the console to factory setting which was fine and it came back on asked me to input wireless settings then just turned itself off!
I now can't get it to power on! The light on the power supply looks constant red to me which I can't find any info on the Internet about! When I try to press the power button on he Xbox it makes the beeping start up noise but no light comes on and it doesn't power up. Could it be the power brick? Is it a fault with the Xbox?
Thanks
Community Updates
AskXboxXbox One
6 Comments
Have not heard of that before, Here is a freephone number for Xbox customer services they should be able to help you if you have no joy.

0800 5871102

Good luck.
Don't suppose you have a receipt do you?

Edited by: "mrman007" 28th Nov 2014
Unfortunately don't have the receipt will probably have to call Xbox thanks for the number just thought I'd see if anyone had any ideas first of it was a common problem!
stupid question. Is the power brick connected properly? take out of mains, take the connection out of power brick and out the console, leave 4 a min plug everything back in starting with the console.
maybe try it away from other objects fans might be getting blocked?
Jade49

Unfortunately don't have the receipt will probably have to call Xbox … Unfortunately don't have the receipt will probably have to call Xbox thanks for the number just thought I'd see if anyone had any ideas first of it was a common problem!

From support.xbox.com:

Red: If the light on the power supply is red, the power supply might have overheated.

support.xbox.com/en-…-on

Power supply displays a solid white or solid orange light: Your power … Power supply displays a solid white or solid orange light: Your power supply is working and your console is receiving power. If the screen is blank, you may be experiencing a video issue. For information about how to troubleshoot video issues, see Troubleshooting a blank TV screen or monitor while your Xbox One is on.

support.xbox.com/en-…ted

The above is something I doubt would fix it, but this comment on a forum I saw may be interesting to try.

"I have had this problem lots of times and only way I can get to work is repeatedly press the eject button, once disc ejected console turns on ok.

Hope this helps."
Just had to return my sons power brick to microsoft, his console would not turn on, the brick was amber until you plug it into the console then the led would go out completely, apparently the brick has a thermal safety cut out doodah in it which looks like they are a bit dickie.
Get on the support chat and they will replace it, just make sure you register the console first on xbox.com.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions