Expired

Xbox One X owners, are your consoles loud?

Found 14th Jul
So I bought one recently, faulty HDD, got the entire thing replaced. Now got a unit and works top but emits a fairly loud buzzing/vibrating type noise. Wondering if this is normal or future fan problems coming?

Anyone got a console that is whisper quiet in operation or do they all make some kind of intended noise?
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
deleted396333
Mine is quiet
Mine is almost silent compared to my PS4 PRO.
Does it sound like something is loose ? or perhaps the console is not on a level surface ?
jco8341 m ago

Does it sound like something is loose ? or perhaps the console is not on a …Does it sound like something is loose ? or perhaps the console is not on a level surface ?

This is how it sounds, phone on the console so not an accurate representation.

vocaroo.com/i/s1kxoP4deOmx

streamable.com/aspoh

Not audible while playing but audible in a small room at night enough to cause annoyance. Wondering if anyone has a true whisper quiet console before bothering to return.
Edited by: "FUAARRKK" 15th Jul
Is the room it’s in very warm in the weather we are having? And do you have it in a well ventilated space?
Mine makes a whirring sound, and seems louder than the original Xbox one to me. But that’s when I start a game and it’s the fans kicking in.
Mine is silent. Especially in comparison to a PS4 Pro
My one s is to? Makes a very loud noise?
choccie323 h, 20 m ago

Is the room it’s in very warm in the weather we are having? And do you h …Is the room it’s in very warm in the weather we are having? And do you have it in a well ventilated space?

Yes I’ve got it vertically on a stand, decent ventilation. I think it’s just a standard noise made by a particular component, maybe the PSU.
Turn off fast startup and background downloads and do a full shutdown. IIRC its the hdd just staying on and in a quiet room they do sound loud
tapi1 h, 57 m ago

Turn off fast startup and background downloads and do a full shutdown. …Turn off fast startup and background downloads and do a full shutdown. IIRC its the hdd just staying on and in a quiet room they do sound loud

Ok cheers will give it a try
Not sure if mine is any useful , but with the xbox elite console ( sshd hybrid ) it makes literally no noise . Have left it on while sleeping and didn’t notice as tv was off . Extremely quiet
hethekid27 m ago

Not sure if mine is any useful , but with the xbox elite console ( sshd …Not sure if mine is any useful , but with the xbox elite console ( sshd hybrid ) it makes literally no noise . Have left it on while sleeping and didn’t notice as tv was off . Extremely quiet

Yeah i actually had a elite before the X and it was perfect in its audibility.
tapi4 h, 33 m ago

Turn off fast startup and background downloads and do a full shutdown. …Turn off fast startup and background downloads and do a full shutdown. IIRC its the hdd just staying on and in a quiet room they do sound loud

What the heck, I think that did it. Incredible, so the xbox is fine and doesnt need to be returned?

edit: nevermind still present sigh
I’ve notice in the last few weeks that my fan has been getting louder
Mine is silent when it's not running a game, when it runs a game I can hear a fan but it's not too loud since I can't hear it with headphones
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants