Expired

Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)

Found 14th Aug 2017
Centrifugal Fan: A supercharger-style design which rapidly pulls in and compresses air, Xbox One X's Centrifugal Fan is crafted to deliver maximum cooling with minimum noise.
Vapor Chamber: A first for home consoles, the Xbox One X Vapor Chamber uses advanced liquid cooling to help ensure the Xbox One X Engine stays cool.
XBox One X Engine: With 6 TFLOPS, 326GB/s of memory bandwidth and advanced, custom silicon, the Xbox One X Engine is the most powerful console gaming processor ever created.
Hovis Method: To maximize performance and minimize power consumption, Xbox One X uses the Hovis Method, a cutting edge digital power delivery system to custom tune console voltage.
*Pre-release console; console release dates, availability, content and features subject to change.
Community Updates
59 Comments
I'm definitely getting one of these but cold from me. Not sure what the actual deal is here apart from it being the RRP.
Just looked and this is "Register your interest" the same that's been there for ages now. ?
Probably be cheaper as time goes on.
If very have it they do 10% off electricals so could be £404.99
How does this price compare to competitors?
I believe the console is available from the 07/11/17 not the 09/11/17.
You had me at vapour chamber

Btw whats a vapour chamber, I want one, going to check if amazon do them

Btw please dont send a pic of a plastic cigarette
Not sure how this is a deal if it's just RRP....
Register your interest has been on many sites and is not a pre order service
Moved to MISC as it's a 'Register your Interest' link, thanks
Lol 450 quid for a console buy a PC,. Woopee doo liquid cooling in a console only like 20 years late, knowing microshaft it'll be water from the yellow river.
Are these gonna be worth the upgrade from an xbox one s? Ive just finally jumped from a 360!
Error44025 m ago

Lol 450 quid for a console buy a PC,. Woopee doo liquid cooling in a …Lol 450 quid for a console buy a PC,. Woopee doo liquid cooling in a console only like 20 years late, knowing microshaft it'll be water from the yellow river.

I agree but PC is meh imo, I had a gaming PC for years. It's just not convenient like a games console is where you just turn it on and start the game without fiddling around. PC is effort. You also can't resell pc games.
Edited by: "KM4353" 14th Aug 2017
KM43537 m ago

I agree but PC is meh imo, I had a gaming PC for years. It's just not …I agree but PC is meh imo, I had a gaming PC for years. It's just not convenient like a games console is where you just turn it on and start the game without fiddling around. PC is effort. You also can't resell pc games.

You don't have an Xbox one do you.

And PC is full of emulators another plus.
Will a £450 PC have as good a spec as the Xbox one X?
Edited by: "GeoThermal" 14th Aug 2017
Error4401 h, 9 m ago

You don't have an Xbox one do you.

Hahaha!
Edited by: "Krooner" 14th Aug 2017
Error4401 h, 52 m ago

Lol 450 quid for a console buy a PC,. Woopee doo liquid cooling in a …Lol 450 quid for a console buy a PC,. Woopee doo liquid cooling in a console only like 20 years late, knowing microshaft it'll be water from the yellow river.

If you can build me a PC that can match the output of this it would be greatly appreciated. Also keep in mind when selecting the parts that this is also a 4k blu ray player so will need that drive as well thanks. Looking forward to your build
Jono19845 m ago

If you can build me a PC that can match the output of this it would be …If you can build me a PC that can match the output of this it would be greatly appreciated. Also keep in mind when selecting the parts that this is also a 4k blu ray player so will need that drive as well thanks. Looking forward to your build

Can you still buy blu rays in this day and age? Just watch stuff online like everyone else, if you're going to go into the realms of PC money buy a PC it'll last longer.
GeoThermal55 m ago

Will a £450 PC have as good a spec as the Xbox one X?

Nope, not with the current price of components. Need to wait and see what '4k 60fps' actually is, I.E is it actually a lower resolution upscaled with what would be low graphics preset on the PC.

Tldr; Can a gtx1060 (a card that would be difficult to afford for a £450 build) do 4k 60fps? No. Is the XboxX true 4k at 60fps? Dunno.
Error44035 m ago

Can you still buy blu rays in this day and age? Just watch stuff online …Can you still buy blu rays in this day and age? Just watch stuff online like everyone else, if you're going to go into the realms of PC money buy a PC it'll last longer.

4k /Ultra HD Blu Ray is quite new on the market. It's that thing that makes use of all the 4k TVs people have been buying. I do watch online but as someone who appreciates brilliant picture quality online isn't quite there yet. Especially in the UK with limited 4k streaming options.

How is the £450 PC build coming along....

Below link for those generally interested in how they can compare. General concensus is that you need to spend close to double an Xbox One X cost to build something equivalent.

pcworld.com/art…tml
Error4405 h, 5 m ago

You don't have an Xbox one do you.And PC is full of emulators another plus.

Do you have an Xbox One?
XboxMUFC14th Aug 2017

Do you have an Xbox One?

Yes which is why i found the comment so amusing, after all it took one day to install itself online to a usable state, it took another day to install forza to a usable state so two days after buying it we got to play it, it installs updates all the time, even the controllers get updates, you can't play it without a Microsoft account and you can't make a second account offline so my kid has to use my account to play games because I'll be damned if I'm going to set up a email address for a 7 year old.

Yep I'd rather spend 500 on a laptop and play emulators, far better use of the money and more user friendly too with the right OS and set up, more useful in general.
Jono19843 h, 16 m ago

4k /Ultra HD Blu Ray is quite new on the market. It's that thing that …4k /Ultra HD Blu Ray is quite new on the market. It's that thing that makes use of all the 4k TVs people have been buying. I do watch online but as someone who appreciates brilliant picture quality online isn't quite there yet. Especially in the UK with limited 4k streaming options. How is the £450 PC build coming along....Below link for those generally interested in how they can compare. General concensus is that you need to spend close to double an Xbox One X cost to build something equivalent. http://www.pcworld.com/article/3200767/gaming/xbox-one-x-pc-build.html

Maybe people shouldn't waste their money on 4k TVs and then desperately search for something to use with em then.
Error44024 m ago

Yes which is why i found the comment so amusing, after all it took one day …Yes which is why i found the comment so amusing, after all it took one day to install itself online to a usable state, it took another day to install forza to a usable state so two days after buying it we got to play it, it installs updates all the time, even the controllers get updates, you can't play it without a Microsoft account and you can't make a second account offline so my kid has to use my account to play games because I'll be damned if I'm going to set up a email address for a 7 year old.Yep I'd rather spend 500 on a laptop and play emulators, far better use of the money and more user friendly too with the right OS and set up, more useful in general.

A day to install a game to a useable state? Wow, your internet must be really crap then. As for all the updates, mine is set to instant-on so does any updates overnight etc. The disc install is a pain in the butt but dont think I have ever waited longer than about an hour to play a new game. If it annoys you so much, then why are you on this thread?
XboxMUFC14th Aug 2017

A day to install a game to a useable state? Wow, your internet must be …A day to install a game to a useable state? Wow, your internet must be really crap then. As for all the updates, mine is set to instant-on so does any updates overnight etc. The disc install is a pain in the butt but dont think I have ever waited longer than about an hour to play a new game. If it annoys you so much, then why are you on this thread?

To laugh at the price and forza is on a disc and is massive, I'd rather not leave electronic items on all night thats a waste of electrical supply and a fire hazard.

You don't really have much to say on the matter if attempting to insult my internet connection is the best retort you can come up with it proves the point of how stupid the xbox is, even Nintendo are soiling their own systems by jumping on this updates nonsense
Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 14th Aug 2017
Error4405 m ago

To laugh at the price and forza is on a disc and is massive, I'd rather …To laugh at the price and forza is on a disc and is massive, I'd rather not leave electronic items on all night thats a waste of electrical supply and a fire hazard.You don't really have much to say on the matter if attempting to insult my internet connection is the best retort you can come up with it proves the point of how stupid the xbox is, even Nintendo are soiling their own systems by jumping on this updates nonsense

Each to their own but not everyone likes to play video games on a laptop or desktop computer.

Yep your right, I dont have much to say on the matter which is why I am away now. Got better things to do.
Edited by: "XboxMUFC" 14th Aug 2017
XboxMUFC14th Aug 2017

Each to their own but not everyone likes to play video games on a laptop …Each to their own but not everyone likes to play video games on a laptop or desktop computer.

I'm old enough to remember the hey day of British computing and how consoles stole the market with their ease of use, now we are in a situation where the tables are turned and all 3 of the main console makers appear to have completely lost the plot of why consoles got popular in the first place, no wonder mobile phones are stealing the market out from under them.
Error4406 h, 28 m ago

You don't have an Xbox one do you.And PC is full of emulators another plus.

console players don't want emulators, and most emulators don't require much punch so people who have consoles will most likely have a pc that can run them if they wanted

also on some titles there is not much player base for some games, would end up playing same people over weeks
Error4401 h, 17 m ago

Maybe people shouldn't waste their money on 4k TVs and then desperately …Maybe people shouldn't waste their money on 4k TVs and then desperately search for something to use with em then.

Error44053 m ago

To laugh at the price and forza is on a disc and is massive, I'd rather …To laugh at the price and forza is on a disc and is massive, I'd rather not leave electronic items on all night thats a waste of electrical supply and a fire hazard.You don't really have much to say on the matter if attempting to insult my internet connection is the best retort you can come up with it proves the point of how stupid the xbox is, even Nintendo are soiling their own systems by jumping on this updates nonsense

the installing overnights barely costs anything it is basically on standby and only uses power to download, once it done it turns off, if you have a pc and was downloading you would have the computer on for hours so no difference?
Jono19844 h, 42 m ago

4k /Ultra HD Blu Ray is quite new on the market. It's that thing that …4k /Ultra HD Blu Ray is quite new on the market. It's that thing that makes use of all the 4k TVs people have been buying. I do watch online but as someone who appreciates brilliant picture quality online isn't quite there yet. Especially in the UK with limited 4k streaming options. How is the £450 PC build coming along....Below link for those generally interested in how they can compare. General concensus is that you need to spend close to double an Xbox One X cost to build something equivalent. http://www.pcworld.com/article/3200767/gaming/xbox-one-x-pc-build.html

I don't disagree with your point but that article is bad. Not to mention the ability of the XboxX is unknown.
catbeans42 m ago

I don't disagree with your point but that article is bad. Not to mention …I don't disagree with your point but that article is bad. Not to mention the ability of the XboxX is unknown.

It wasn't the best out there but demonstrated that to build something similar would cost significantly more than £450.

As with it capability we won't exactly know until November. Initial reports are positive however. Digital foundry usually are a good source

google.co.uk/amp…led

These guys have had hands on time with the console and it's performance capabilities.
whelan1893 h, 0 m ago

the installing overnights barely costs anything it is basically on standby …the installing overnights barely costs anything it is basically on standby and only uses power to download, once it done it turns off, if you have a pc and was downloading you would have the computer on for hours so no difference?

When I had a computer it downloaded stuff while i was doing other things on it and it got turned off and unplugged when I'd finished
Well I've already downloaded an Xbox one x emulator on my etcha-sketch and looks amazing.

Personally can't use console controllers, prices for games are extortionate, full of kids calling my mummy rude names and just not an enjoyable experience. I find it hard to sit and play for hours and on my PC I can switch between work, YouTube and gaming.

Just watch Microsoft will fluff it up and install Windows Vista on it.

Error440 is spot on with them releasing something that isn't even tested, just patch the patch that patched the patch.
Wow this thread has gone down a dark side, people who game on either side of the fence choose to because it's what they prefer all this mine is bigger than yours ***** is for bunch of trolls who have a chip on there shoulder, I personally enjoy both ways to game and have been fortunate enough to own most game consoles over the years, I wouldn't years back of compared a games console to a PC because they were like night and day but to be honest now it's all frames and resolution which at this point ain't a game changer as alot is shared between the platforms these days so hey.
Edited by moderator: "swearing" 15th Aug 2017
Jono19844 h, 28 m ago

It wasn't the best out there but demonstrated that to build something …It wasn't the best out there but demonstrated that to build something similar would cost significantly more than £450. As with it capability we won't exactly know until November. Initial reports are positive however. Digital foundry usually are a good source https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.eurogamer.net/amp/digitalfoundry-2017-microsofts-xbox-one-x-benchmarks-revealedThese guys have had hands on time with the console and it's performance capabilities.

Yup it's a waiting game, even digital foundry and Eurogamer articles are guesses at the moment. The only thing that was solid is that the xboxX was running the new Assassins creed at 1800p 30fps when shown, but hopefully this will be improved at release. As if that is indeed the case on release that £450 PC is looking like a good option.
Graham19799 h, 43 m ago

Well I've already downloaded an Xbox one x emulator on my etcha-sketch and …Well I've already downloaded an Xbox one x emulator on my etcha-sketch and looks amazing.Personally can't use console controllers, prices for games are extortionate, full of kids calling my mummy rude names and just not an enjoyable experience. I find it hard to sit and play for hours and on my PC I can switch between work, YouTube and gaming.Just watch Microsoft will fluff it up and install Windows Vista on it.Error440 is spot on with them releasing something that isn't even tested, just patch the patch that patched the patch.

They are all dead meat, the console owning people are getting older and older, avarage age is now 25, now back in the day a console was for kids, its those kids still buying now in adulthood. Todays kids are growing up with mobile phones so that is what they will stick with.

Me, i had an oric if i wanted to play a game i put the tape in and typed cload. Then it was c64, Amiga etc, then mega drive snes etc, i own like 35 or so systems and they all still work its when you get to the newer stuff they break, with all these updates, online required etc, excessive expense they are killing themselves with faff and losing sight of the point, fat chance finding a good range of one console multiplayer games, thats what those foul mouthed people need a education in real multiplayer with the risk of getting slapped..
deleted1431257
KM435314th Aug

I agree but PC is meh imo, I had a gaming PC for years. It's just not …I agree but PC is meh imo, I had a gaming PC for years. It's just not convenient like a games console is where you just turn it on and start the game without fiddling around. PC is effort. You also can't resell pc games.

He's a die hard Nintendo fanboy, can't take anything that dude says related to gaming seriously.

Edit - Aaaaaaaaaaaaand he's stated something along the lines of 'no wonder mobile phones are stealing the market out from under consoles'
Edited by: "deleted1431257" 15th Aug 2017
Day one for me.

Same old Error thread spoiling i see
Edited by: "Snakeyes646" 15th Aug 2017
Snakeyes64623 h, 57 m ago

Day one for me.Same old Error thread spoiling i see

Day one here to, should be plenty of news on the Xbox1X at the Gamescom show (only 6 days away)
Edited by: "shasnir" 16th Aug 2017
if only the Xbox one did that....... doh!!!!!
Edited by: "frakison" 16th Aug 2017
hass12315th Aug

He's a die hard Nintendo fanboy, can't take anything that dude says …He's a die hard Nintendo fanboy, can't take anything that dude says related to gaming seriously.Edit - Aaaaaaaaaaaaand he's stated something along the lines of 'no wonder mobile phones are stealing the market out from under consoles'

So much ignorance in one post
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants