Xbox One X pre-owned buying query ?

Found 31st May
So on Saturday im about to pick up a second hand Xbox One X from some guy in London im aware that these consoles can be banned but not sure of how to check such things and indeed anything else i should be looking out for when buying a pre-owned Xbox One X ?
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
These are one of the reasons I always prefer to pay the extra and buy new as so many scams about.
Always get them to boot it up and start a game. Make sure it runs as normal and doesn’t sound funny or anything.
Also check the security seal on it to make sure it hasn’t been tampered with.
How much you paying out of interest?
£220 with PUBG and Rainbow Six siege advanced edition.
GQ.Man10 m ago

Good price, definitely check though and ask to test it, if they deny there is probably something wrong
Guessing you are not picking it up from his house where he can show you it in working condition and connecting to xbox live?

Failing that, can you ask for the serial number (or better, a photo of the serial) so you can give microsoft a call ahead of the exchange to check?
i am im going to his flat and hes going to let me try it out question is what do i need to check for and how do i see if its been banned etc ?
So does just connecting it to the internet automatically show up as a banned console then ?
The ban is xbox live (gold). I've never dealt with a ban but if you can physically start any multiplayer game where you play with or against any other humans you should be good.
AngryKelvin1 h, 12 m ago

The ban is xbox live (gold). I've never dealt with a ban but if you can …The ban is xbox live (gold). I've never dealt with a ban but if you can physically start any multiplayer game where you play with or against any other humans you should be good.

Microsoft can console ban. However as far as I’m aware, there are no Xbox modifications out besides emulators. So it shouldn’t be console banned unless they messed around with developer kits, only 360s got that punishment.
GQ.Man16 h, 23 m ago

Too good to be true?? Near enough half price
nrackham766 h, 15 m ago

Too good to be true?? Near enough half price

We shall see on Saturday im going to check it out and have requested i see it running on Xbox live Gold so i can see whether the console is banned or not im not parting with any money until im satisfied hopefully alls good and i get a bargain.
Edited by: "GQ.Man" 1st Jun
GQ.Man1 h, 14 m ago

We shall on Saturday im going to check it out and have requested i see it …We shall on Saturday im going to check it out and have requested i see it running on Xbox live Gold so i can see whether the console is banned or not im not parting with any money until im satisfied hopefully alls good and i get a bargain.

Good luck:) a little jealous hahah,
GQ.Man1st Jun

We shall see on Saturday im going to check it out and have requested i …We shall see on Saturday im going to check it out and have requested i see it running on Xbox live Gold so i can see whether the console is banned or not im not parting with any money until im satisfied hopefully alls good and i get a bargain.

What happened in the end, was it good??
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants