Xbox one x price with SSD

Posted 19th May
locally I can buy a pre owned xbox one x for £250, now after a bit of research I've seen some for around £300 on sale but usually 350 so this is cheap I dont mind second hand, also this has had a 1TB SSD inside replacing the HDD I have no idea what 1TV ssd it is but that must be at least 50 quid? so for 250 total it seems like a good deal, am I missing something or shall I jump on it.

I'm aware new series X is coming but that's not till Christmas time and many months without a console isnt worth it.

thanks for the help guys.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

27 Comments
Ohh forgot it comes with the default black controller but also a official Microsoft blue one aswell so 2 controllers? Worth it?
I haven't checked prices recently but just be aware that £250 could be an expensive mistake if the Xbox has been banned / stolen / abused etc.

It could have had a very hard life. It may already be faulty or blow up tomorrow.

Alternatively, you could be happy with the price.

Covid has caused supply issues and prices have gone up. They will come down again if you are not in a rush.

Does "locally" mean Gumtree etc or a shop where you have warranty etc.
smashed19/05/2020 15:07

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xbox-one-x-1tb-forza-horizon-4-lego-speed-champions-bundle-3463309That was available new just 5 days ago for comparison...

So for roughly the same price but 2 controllers and a 1tb ssd over being new is the compromise, it's a private seller but it's a friend of a friend, meaning nothing legally or warranty wise etc but slightly more chance as if it was knowingly damaged he wouldnt risk friendship or you would assume so. He upgraded to a 2k gaming pc so that's reason for sale.

Think the 1tb ssd is a big plus for me much faster loading and less noise and must cost 50-100 for T1tb think I'm more thinking to go for it tbh but just wanted convincing haha
I wouldn’t buy 2nd hand console off anyone I don’t know, bad experience. Like you say new consoles at end of year so why not just buy a new s version...
comedychris19/05/2020 15:21

So for roughly the same price but 2 controllers and a 1tb ssd over being …So for roughly the same price but 2 controllers and a 1tb ssd over being new is the compromise, it's a private seller but it's a friend of a friend, meaning nothing legally or warranty wise etc but slightly more chance as if it was knowingly damaged he wouldnt risk friendship or you would assume so. He upgraded to a 2k gaming pc so that's reason for sale.Think the 1tb ssd is a big plus for me much faster loading and less noise and must cost 50-100 for T1tb think I'm more thinking to go for it tbh but just wanted convincing haha

If you know the person that you are buying from then £250 is a good deal in the current climate. Sell the more used controller on if you dont need it and the price is even cheaper.
Also, if he sets this xbox as his home xbox you will have access to any games he downloaded on it (even if he removes his profile).. until such time he buys another.
Bargainhead19/05/2020 15:37

I wouldn’t buy 2nd hand console off anyone I don’t know, bad experience. Li …I wouldn’t buy 2nd hand console off anyone I don’t know, bad experience. Like you say new consoles at end of year so why not just buy a new s version...

I would be a bit paranoid too . If you know them you may feel safer.
Do you have a 4K tv? AS Bargainhead said you could potentially get the S
I bought mine second hand. I examine the pictures, the background and where the person lives. If it right or wrong? I'm not sure. How's their replies and general chat. First thing I done was register it with Microsoft, seen it still was under warranty and sent it them to repair and factory reset it. I got mine for a complete bargain by today's prices, it can be done. Just trust your instincts.
STRICKIBHOY19/05/2020 16:41

I bought mine second hand. I examine the pictures, the background and …I bought mine second hand. I examine the pictures, the background and where the person lives. If it right or wrong? I'm not sure. How's their replies and general chat. First thing I done was register it with Microsoft, seen it still was under warranty and sent it them to repair and factory reset it. I got mine for a complete bargain by today's prices, it can be done. Just trust your instincts.

Sent it in for repair if nothing is wrong with it?
smashed19/05/2020 15:45

I would be a bit paranoid too . If you know them you may feel safer.Do you …I would be a bit paranoid too . If you know them you may feel safer.Do you have a 4K tv? AS Bargainhead said you could potentially get the S

Ye I do I have a 120hz 4k tv so worth the X over the S plus the ssd is great and extra controller for local coop is useful, I know the guy and he is very close friends with my friend so weighing it up I'm in a much better position than most.

£250 for the X plus 2 controllers and a 1tb SSD is great generally let alone this climate so think I'm gonna go for it.

Thanks for the help guys great valid points made on both sides.
comedychris19/05/2020 17:00

Ye I do I have a 120hz 4k tv so worth the X over the S plus the ssd is …Ye I do I have a 120hz 4k tv so worth the X over the S plus the ssd is great and extra controller for local coop is useful, I know the guy and he is very close friends with my friend so weighing it up I'm in a much better position than most.£250 for the X plus 2 controllers and a 1tb SSD is great generally let alone this climate so think I'm gonna go for it.Thanks for the help guys great valid points made on both sides.

As long as you can validate it then go for It. If you bought a new one added an ssd and controller you would be looking at a lot more. Good luck
Could always ask manufacturer date on rear to check if it is really old. I'm sure you would do OK even for the sum of its parts if it failed. Enjoy
Id be careful if it's been opened up already.
I'd be a bit suss simply because he's spent 2k on a gaming pc. This implies he's a serious gamer, so it's more than likely that it's had a hammering.
smashed19/05/2020 16:47

Sent it in for repair if nothing is wrong with it?

Yes, it was second hand and having Microsoft look it over and no nasty surprises gives peace of mind. I couldn't send it back to the seller if it developed a fault, now I can send it back to Microsoft.
STRICKIBHOY19/05/2020 18:00

Yes, it was second hand and having Microsoft look it over and no nasty …Yes, it was second hand and having Microsoft look it over and no nasty surprises gives peace of mind. I couldn't send it back to the seller if it developed a fault, now I can send it back to Microsoft.

I am still confused to be honest Surely you have to quote a fault to send it in for repair?
smashed19/05/2020 18:07

I am still confused to be honest Surely you have to quote a fault to …I am still confused to be honest Surely you have to quote a fault to send it in for repair?

Just said it wasn't loading games and getting an error code. I was just taking advantage of the warranty and getting peace of mind. I've now had the Xbox one X for a year or so now and not had a fault. You can Google faults and codes, there's plenty of common issues out there that Microsoft know of.
STRICKIBHOY19/05/2020 18:43

Just said it wasn't loading games and getting an error code. I was just …Just said it wasn't loading games and getting an error code. I was just taking advantage of the warranty and getting peace of mind. I've now had the Xbox one X for a year or so now and not had a fault. You can Google faults and codes, there's plenty of common issues out there that Microsoft know of.

Oh,, you bought a faulty xbox.
STRICKIBHOY19/05/2020 18:43

Just said it wasn't loading games and getting an error code. I was just …Just said it wasn't loading games and getting an error code. I was just taking advantage of the warranty and getting peace of mind. I've now had the Xbox one X for a year or so now and not had a fault. You can Google faults and codes, there's plenty of common issues out there that Microsoft know of.

Oh, so you lied?
smashed19/05/2020 18:52

Oh, so you lied?

Yes, I work away a lot. Posted it before I left, was back for me coming home. No big deal, thought the warranty was to good to let expire, without it having a proper look over. It was pre owned, I wouldn't have done it if it was brand new. They send it back with a the letter telling you the things they did/do to it.
Jay08028619/05/2020 17:50

Id be careful if it's been opened up already.

What's the risk of that, he is a professional works in a currys or pc world or somewhere like that so should have not caused any damage, is there a risk to anything if it's been opened?
comedychris19/05/2020 20:31

What's the risk of that, he is a professional works in a currys or pc …What's the risk of that, he is a professional works in a currys or pc world or somewhere like that so should have not caused any damage, is there a risk to anything if it's been opened?

Having replaced a few Xbox One X drives it's a pretty easy process. it's possible to damage the front USB port but it's unlikely.

Also make sure when you power the Xbox on you get the Xbox One X splash screen, if he was lazy when he swapped the drive over that will be missing.
Gormond19/05/2020 20:53

Having replaced a few Xbox One X drives it's a pretty easy process. it's …Having replaced a few Xbox One X drives it's a pretty easy process. it's possible to damage the front USB port but it's unlikely.Also make sure when you power the Xbox on you get the Xbox One X splash screen, if he was lazy when he swapped the drive over that will be missing.

And if that is missing what would be the problem? Sorry but I appreciate your help.
comedychris19/05/2020 21:25

And if that is missing what would be the problem? Sorry but I appreciate …And if that is missing what would be the problem? Sorry but I appreciate your help.

Nah it's just a boot video, if it ever really bothered you at a later date you could open it up, plug the drive into your PC and add it.

What you will see instead is a black screen while the machine boots.

Just make sure everything works such as USB ports, controller syncing and disc drive. Its pretty hard to damage anything IMO.
Edited by: "Gormond" 19th May
Gormond19/05/2020 21:33

Nah it's just a boot video, if it ever really bothered you at a later date …Nah it's just a boot video, if it ever really bothered you at a later date you could open it up, plug the drive into your PC and add it.What you will see instead is a black screen while the machine boots.Just make sure everything works such as USB ports, controller syncing and disc drive. Its pretty hard to damage anything IMO.

Ohh that's not an issue as long as everything works and plays and the ssd is faster than the hdd I'm happy it only has to last me till christmas time or whenever the new consoles are released so should last me to finally play and finish red dead, witcher 3, all the metero games, hellblade and kingdom hearts. All 4k or the best they can look now. Thanks for the replies mate
comedychris19/05/2020 20:31

What's the risk of that, he is a professional works in a currys or pc …What's the risk of that, he is a professional works in a currys or pc world or somewhere like that so should have not caused any damage, is there a risk to anything if it's been opened?

Ok. Makes sense if he works there. What exactly does he do there then?
Jay08028619/05/2020 21:49

Ok. Makes sense if he works there. What exactly does he do there then?

I'm not sure like I said hes a friend of a friend but sure it's like testing pc rigs or diagnosing errors? Something of that sort...

Gonna buy it tomorrow not much risk and is a better buy than I could get for the same money.
comedychris19/05/2020 23:59

I'm not sure like I said hes a friend of a friend but sure it's like …I'm not sure like I said hes a friend of a friend but sure it's like testing pc rigs or diagnosing errors? Something of that sort...Gonna buy it tomorrow not much risk and is a better buy than I could get for the same money.

Have you picked it up? Hoping you are delighted with it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions