Xbox one X upgrade

Posted 24th Mar
I have first gen Xbox one. Heard that it plays at 900p or something. I want to buy Xbox one x, I currently have some real budget 1080p monitor.
I’m not sure how much difference Xbox one x will make over my current Xbox on this 1080p 60hz monitor which cost like £110 (2015/16) - it’s an acer K242HL.

I will happily upgrade to a nicer monitor, can Xbox one X do 1080p120?? Or just suck it up and splash on a 4K? High refresh rate 1080 sounds better in my head though as I have a low-to-mid range gaming PC

Not really much of a question just something I’m thinking of and wanting some opinions
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
The Xbox one x will run at 1080p/60FPS on your 1080p monitor. I recommend getting a 4K 1ms monitor if your getting an Xbox one x
Arto24/03/2020 18:44

The Xbox one x will run at 1080p/60FPS on your 1080p monitor. I recommend …The Xbox one x will run at 1080p/60FPS on your 1080p monitor. I recommend getting a 4K 1ms monitor if your getting an Xbox one x

You can’t do 1080p120fps on Xbox one x?
Do you not like how your current Xbox plays on that monitor? Even though it's "only" 900p, it still outputs a 1080 picture. I'm really not sure it's worth getting an Xbox One X this late in the generation with the new consoles coming out soon. Especially since you already have a PC. Unpopular opinion around these parts though.

You may well even be better spending that money on a newer GPU (though I absolutely get why people want/prefer consoles, I do myself). If you've waited this long, just wait a bit longer. Even if you don't want the new Xbox (whatever the hell its called), further price drops of the current generation are inevitable
Edited by: "ra786" 24th Mar
Daniel_Hyde124/03/2020 21:15

You can’t do 1080p120fps on Xbox one x?

No only the new consoles which are due to be released later this year can output up to 120FPS
ra78624/03/2020 22:00

Do you not like how your current Xbox plays on that monitor? Even though …Do you not like how your current Xbox plays on that monitor? Even though it's "only" 900p, it still outputs a 1080 picture. I'm really not sure it's worth getting an Xbox One X this late in the generation with the new consoles coming out soon. Especially since you already have a PC. Unpopular opinion around these parts though.You may well even be better spending that money on a newer GPU (though I absolutely get why people want/prefer consoles, I do myself). If you've waited this long, just wait a bit longer. Even if you don't want the new Xbox (whatever the hell its called), further price drops of the current generation are inevitable

Yeah a few reasons, I’m on lockdown and the amount of money I’d have spent on fuel travelling to work is almost equal to a new Xbox so thought I’d treat myself on lockdown. Nothing else to do.

None of my mates play PC, despite me building a budget one to show them how cool PC is .

My Xbox is becoming irritatingly slow so wanted to treat myself.

As far as I can tell the new Xbox series x still runs Xbox one operating system and Xbox one games. I exclusively play rainbow 6 siege and rocket league since release and have yet to find better games. I guess it is a bit wasteful but I posted this for the opinions and I appreciate it!

Edit:
Disadvantage is if I like the look of any of the next gen games and then can’t play them
But it does future proof me for If I do buy 4K tv in future
Edited by: "Daniel_Hyde1" 24th Mar
Daniel_Hyde124/03/2020 22:38

Yeah a few reasons, I’m on lockdown and the amount of money I’d have spent …Yeah a few reasons, I’m on lockdown and the amount of money I’d have spent on fuel travelling to work is almost equal to a new Xbox so thought I’d treat myself on lockdown. Nothing else to do.None of my mates play PC, despite me building a budget one to show them how cool PC is .My Xbox is becoming irritatingly slow so wanted to treat myself. As far as I can tell the new Xbox series x still runs Xbox one operating system and Xbox one games. I exclusively play rainbow 6 siege and rocket league since release and have yet to find better games. I guess it is a bit wasteful but I posted this for the opinions and I appreciate it!Edit:Disadvantage is if I like the look of any of the next gen games and then can’t play themBut it does future proof me for If I do buy 4K tv in future

I get what you mean. It's up to you really if you think it's worth it. From what I understand, Rainbow 6 Siege does play and look better on a One X. (Never played it myself, not my cup of cha). Even if you have a 1080p monitor, the console will use supersampling, so it will look better. 60hz is good enough for all current generation consoles. So basically, you will see and feel a good difference even with your current monitor. How worth it that is to you though, only you can really answer

If you do decide to upgrade your monitor as well, the improvement will obviously be greater. That game had had an X enhancements patch to take advantages of a higher resolution image.

As far as Rocket League is concerned, well it's Rocket league innit?!
Edited by: "ra786" 24th Mar
ra78624/03/2020 23:09

I get what you mean. It's up to you really if you think it's worth it. …I get what you mean. It's up to you really if you think it's worth it. From what I understand, Rainbow 6 Siege does play and look better on a One X. (Never played it myself, not my cup of cha). Even if you have a 1080p monitor, the console will use supersampling, so it will look better. 60hz is good enough for all current generation consoles. So basically, you will see and feel a good difference even with your current monitor. How worth it that is to you though, only you can really answerIf you do decide to upgrade your monitor as well, the improvement will obviously be greater. That game had had an X enhancements patch to take advantages of a higher resolution image.As far as Rocket League is concerned, well it's Rocket league innit?!

Siege is amazing on the x playing at 4K, my favourite game
Hi mate,I’ve exchanged my old Xbox for the one x , there’s a huge difference and I recommend upgrading for the price.
hax829/03/2020 11:32

Hi mate,I’ve exchanged my old Xbox for the one x , there’s a huge dif …Hi mate,I’ve exchanged my old Xbox for the one x , there’s a huge difference and I recommend upgrading for the price.

Thanks man, I did a couple days ago and I do not regret it. I will by a 4K monitor at some point but even on the 1080p one I have it’s still so much more clear
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants