XBoX One X vs PS 4 Pro - for 11 year old

Posted 28th Oct
I need to gift a 11 year old boy (who loves car racing games) one of this console. Any recommendation for this age group ?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Whichever their friends are playing 😁
14 Comments
You're going to have to find out what his mate have if you get this wrong you will be in the dog house!

Personally I think the Pro has a better selection of games.
Xbox with Forza Horizon 4 with the Lego pack would be fun or Forza Horizon 3 with the hotwheels add on maybe
Edited by: "Change_Me" 28th Oct
Whichever their friends are playing 😁
Both consoles have their own first party racing games, but please get what he wants he will know more than you do.
Xbox has exclusive Forza series

Forza Motorsports 5, 6, 7

Forza Horizon 2, 3, 4
Open world like racer. Lego expansion.

then you have other games which are need for speed, crew etc

playstation 4 has its own exclusive racing games GT Sport, DriveClub but not better than Microsoft ones.
Graphics wise and performance the Xbox one x, can’t be beat it will give the smoothest picture. But you won’t appreciate it unless you have a good tv to play on. Xbox has game pass which is good value and a lot of backward compatibility. You can also game share so 2 people can use 1 gold account.

Ps4 has good features and bigger selection of games, it’s cheaper. Ultimately you want to find out what his friends are playing on so he can join them, if you are letting and paying for him to go online...

this will all change next year when the new consoles come out..
As others say make sure you get the one he wants, to align with friends so they can play together online. Both are good consoles my view is PlayStation got this generation right and therefore would always go there right now if I had free choice
Edited by: "indywooda" 29th Oct
Does it need to be the X or the pro?
A 11y old will know exactly if they want an xbox or ps and as other have said, they will more than likely choose depending what their friends have
Change_Me28/10/2019 23:31

Xbox with Forza Horizon 4 with the Lego pack would be fun or Forza Horizon …Xbox with Forza Horizon 4 with the Lego pack would be fun or Forza Horizon 3 with the hotwheels add on maybe

I second this. My little boy loves both of them!
GameCube
You want to get someone else to ask him without making it obvious, get them to say something like, im surprised your not on your xbox like everyone else these days. When he replies i dont have one get them to say oh do you have a ps4 and then he will say no i wish i had one or the other if he doesn't then they can say have all your friends got a computer and he will give you the info
Xbox is the place for racing fans with the Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon games. Unfortunately the future of racing games is not looking good on PlayStation as Sony closed down the developers that made Driveclub and MotorStorm. The only other racing game left PlayStation has is Gran Turismo but they only released one of these games on the PS4.
We have PS4 and Xbox one

my 8yr old prefers Xbox
my 6 yr old prefers the PS4
My 5yr can work the PS4 but struggles with the Xbox
go figure

would find out what his friends has tho think most games are being cross platform anyway you can with cod now think it is
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants