Groups

xbox or play station which is better?

need a little help from you lovely folk. my kids want an xbox but I don't know which is better the play station or xbox and would like to make a longlasting purchase.

We've had an xbox 360 in the past but currently only have an wii. my nephews both have xbox 360's so can my kids play online with them if we get an xbox one S I think it's called.

are games the same price on each platform? which has cheaper used games? which has better customer services? cheaper accessories like extra controllers?

as you can tell I have no idea about any of this. If it helps my boys are 14, 12, 8 and my daughter 4 (would like if she could play a couple of games too)

thank you for your help in advance as I really need a hand in the right direction.

21 Comments

Prices are pretty much the same across consoles. Just get them what they want to play, the Xbox. You will only disappoint them if they go to PS4

As a non biased owner who has had Xbox,Ps and high end Pc ,I honestly feel the Xbox one is the better supported system atm

If they want an Xbox one I would go with that, then they can not blame you if they can't play certain games as both consoles have exclusive games.

If you but backwards compatible games for the xbox one s he can play with his cousins through them. But otherwise not

Banned

Master System

I mean more people are on playstation and its population is rising. But it all comes down to preferences, so...

If they want and Xbox and there friend play Xbox get them that. Its cheaper to get a xbox one s than the PlayStation pro. And they can possibly play some of there old 360 games. And you can also get ea access and live gold and they will have loads free games to keep them Quiet

I play both but end up playing much more on PS4, because that's what most of my mates that game have. So I'd go with that, whichever most of their mates have, get that.

Original Poster

ILIKEVIDEOGAMES

If you but backwards compatible games for the xbox one s he can play with … If you but backwards compatible games for the xbox one s he can play with his cousins through them. But otherwise not

​sorry but what's backwards compatible (pretty obvious I have no clue about gaming X) )

Original Poster

so it looks like you guys are leaning towards xbox.

Any ideas what kind of prices I should be paying and what would be a good deal? It'd be great to have 4 controllers so all the kids could play together.

Some Xbox 360 games work on Xbox one.

Wow, I'm surprised it hasn't descended into the usual fanboy [email protected] fights yet.

Honestly, I'd get them what they want if it's a surprise. If it isn't ask them if it's to play their friends. If it is find out what systems they have. Personally, I have an xbox one and I love it.

Go with the Xbox One S, it is a quality piece of hardware for the price.

Original Poster

dannyblackbeard

Wow, I'm surprised it hasn't descended into the usual fanboy [email protected] fights … Wow, I'm surprised it hasn't descended into the usual fanboy [email protected] fights yet.Honestly, I'd get them what they want if it's a surprise. If it isn't ask them if it's to play their friends. If it is find out what systems they have. Personally, I have an xbox one and I love it.

​No its not a surprise they've been very good recently and have asked for it so we've decided to get them a console of some kind. they'd only be playing with their cousins who have xbox 360's but they may also upgrade soon.

they've only asked for 3 games fifa, mine craft and a racing game.

I just wanted to know which is the better console. seems most are saying just get what the boys want so hopefully will be looking at getting an xbox soon.

Thank you everyone for your help

Original Poster

so thanks to you guys we've bought the xbox one s 500gb with fifa and a free controller from John lewis £229.95 plus 2 year warranty. Please tell me that's a good deal.

adhkarzf

so thanks to you guys we've bought the xbox one s 500gb with fifa and a … so thanks to you guys we've bought the xbox one s 500gb with fifa and a free controller from John lewis £229.95 plus 2 year warranty. Please tell me that's a good deal.

That's a good deal in my opinion.

The 2-year warranty could end up being worth the complete amount you've paid for the console and you have the added peace of mind. Also the extra controller will be worth its weight in gold when the mates all come around.

If you're not overly fussy about brand new games (and it sounds like the kids are young enough for it not to matter), have a look for your closest CEX or Game store and you can pick up some great titles for less than a tenner, pre-owned.

Original Poster

daanuk

That's a good deal in my opinion. The 2-year warranty could end up being … That's a good deal in my opinion. The 2-year warranty could end up being worth the complete amount you've paid for the console and you have the added peace of mind. Also the extra controller will be worth its weight in gold when the mates all come around.

​Thank you. I appreciate everyone that's taken the time to answer

Original Poster

Do I need to buy chargers for the controllers or do they come in the box oO

adhkarzf

Do I need to buy chargers for the controllers or do they come in the box … Do I need to buy chargers for the controllers or do they come in the box oO

They take AA batteries

Original Poster

daanuk

They take AA batteries

​what! they don't have a rechargeable battery pack I thought they would
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Should I buy brand new wd drive without warranty on ebay1016
      2. Decent VR setup under £120011
      3. Minecraft Foam Diamond Pickaxe - Source?11