Groups

Xbox Orginal Hard Drive Question

I had a 200gig HD i my orginal Xbox running XBMC, the Xbox has now died, i managed to get another one from CEX.

I have now softmodded this and all working, i now need to get the old 200gig drive in there.

I have backed up the Eeprom and C: drive etc and using the XboxHDM creatd my image on CD.

But becuase the drive is still locked it will not create the new image, if i try to unlock it with XboxHDM it requires the Eeprom from the old xbox which I dont have.

Windows does not see the drive so cannot format it that way - anybody know a way of unlocking it so that i can re-use it.

Cheers

10 Comments

@shengis - what passwords in that post? i cant see any.
    however there is a possible way.
    i assume the HDD is still working & has been soft modded before? And by this i mean you have saved the eeprom onto that 200gb HDD. if you have - i reckon its still possible.
    please confirm the above and i will get back to you

I tried the unlock -a and it show my hd key and eeprom password, but it … I tried the unlock -a and it show my hd key and eeprom password, but it still won't unlock. I see that it says security enabled and security locked, does that mean something? Do I have to disable security locking or something. Also I tried using atapwd, and put in master password XBOXSCENE and that won't work, i tried TEAMASSEMBLY too. I can't seem to unlock this hard drive, I'm stumped.

If xboxhdm was originally used to lock the drive they 'should' unlock it.

What happened to the other Xbox? I've had plenty of them, and used to run an Xbox chop shop. In all my time playing about with them I never found a single dead one. Plenty of them had faulty components, PSU, motherboards etc.

If your original Xbox was hard-modded, try putting in another power supply (the one inside the console to the right of the motherboard), I found it was the most common cause of Xbox consoles appearing dead. Plus, it'd be worth keeping your hard-modded motherboard. Softmods are good, but in my opinion nothing beats a chip :).

here's your possible solution:

forums.xbox-scene.com/ind…031

its not for the faint of heart and you need to be computer/linux savvy but is doable.
    i have been helping test this to an inch of its feckin life (look for scullc) and i have (temporarily) unlocked HDD using master passwords. i did not test the xbox browser part but you could help out testing that part :thumbsup: if it gets your eeprom - you are a winner.
    it has its limits but feckin hell, its so much faster/sclicker than cd-based xboxhdm
    if you dont use it now - then i reckon it will come in hadny for us xbox fans at some point

and as nickw90 ;-) notes - chipped xboxes are way superior

finally - i may take it off your hands for a bit of research if you dont fancy the work on it.

dcx_badass;5257118

No way of unlocking it without the eeprom, you can build a reader though … No way of unlocking it without the eeprom, you can build a reader though and maybe get it that way, or chip your xbox then it can use the locked hard drive.

no offence intended - bit of education really

- you can unlock (a locked) HDD temporarily using xboxhdm2 (usb edition) - see previous post
    - fleabay has (cheap) eeprom readers - way easier to buy than build
    - you cannot run a locked HDD (from some other xbox) in a chipped XBOX. chipped xboxes allow you to run HDD that are not locked. this drive will not run in a chipped box until unlocked.

Original Poster

cifa;5264798

here's your possible … here's your possible solution:http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=649031its not for the faint of heart and you need to be computer/linux savvy but is doable.i have been helping test this to an inch of its feckin life (look for scullc) and i have (temporarily) unlocked HDD using master passwords. i did not test the xbox browser part but you could help out testing that part :thumbsup: if it gets your eeprom - you are a winner.it has its limits but feckin hell, its so much faster/sclicker than cd-based xboxhdmif you dont use it now - then i reckon it will come in hadny for us xbox fans at some pointand as nickw90 ;-) notes - chipped xboxes are way superiorfinally - i may take it off your hands for a bit of research if you dont fancy the work on it.

Thanks for the replies so far.

lats night i booted up using the XboxHDM Cd i created and went into option 4 Dos mode with unlocking tools.

Ran atapwd and tired unlocking with the XBOXSCENE or TEAMASSEMBLY password but no joy.

i'll have a look at your other post today and try that one

any news on getting your HDD resurrected?

Original Poster

cifa;5277791

any news on getting your HDD resurrected?

did not get chance yesterday - hopefully will give a go tonight

no worries. thought i'd ask as i was curious to see how things went
    good luck anyhow.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …84142
      2. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043
      3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111
      4. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2748

See more discussions