Ive tried three?

What do i do?

63 Comments

is it a mod console?

Original Poster

Well i was about to soft mod it today.

catinthehat;2695103

is it a mod console?

good question....... also try opening it up and cleaning the lens for the drive :thumbsup:

buy a pre-owned one from game or gamestation for £9.98!!

Original Poster

umanga;2695122

buy a pre-owned one from game or gamestation for £9.98!!

Thats what i have.

faevilangel;2695116

good question....... also try opening it up and cleaning the lens for the … good question....... also try opening it up and cleaning the lens for the drive :thumbsup:

Ive done this with two consoles and they are still going strong over a year later, best thing to use is a drop of aftershave on a cotton bud to gently wipe the lens, dont apply force though just do it gently with two or three tips.

Original Poster

harlzter;2695147

Ive done this with two consoles and they are still going strong over a … Ive done this with two consoles and they are still going strong over a year later, best thing to use is a drop of aftershave on a cotton bud to gently wipe the lens, dont apply force though just do it gently with two or three tips.

How do i open it?

spobby;2695136

Thats what i have.

take it back cos its carp :whistling:

Original Poster

faevilangel;2695174

take it back cos its carp :whistling:

But they have probably run out.

spobby;2695189

But they have probably run out.

get a refund and buy one of my modded ones :whistling:

would be worth trying to take it back and see if theyve got a new one, better than faffing aroung trying to fix it

H'm might try that lens cleaning thing..,. or maybe not..

take it back then. see if they can find you a replacement from another store or something.

Original Poster

Right they've got some left so im gunna take it back and swap.

spobby;2695325

Right they've got some left so im gunna take it back and swap.

might have been fun have a look inside the box :whistling: anyway good job
    i wouldnt wanan go inside an xbox and ruin my hard work :thumbsup:

faevilangel;2695349

might have been fun have a look inside the box :whistling: anyway good … might have been fun have a look inside the box :whistling: anyway good job i wouldnt wanan go inside an xbox and ruin my hard work :thumbsup:

Theres nothing to the guts of an xbox basically hard drive, dvd drive motherboard and a fan! Im forever opening mine up to de dust it as its amazing how much those fans can suck in! TRust me your xbox is more likely to live a longer life by opening it and cleaning it than by not!:thumbsup:

Original Poster

faevilangel;2695349

might have been fun have a look inside the box :whistling: anyway good … might have been fun have a look inside the box :whistling: anyway good job i wouldnt wanan go inside an xbox and ruin my hard work :thumbsup:

Well to look inside i would of had to take of the warrenty sticker.

Original Poster

Ill let you know how it goes, shame as the soft mod kit arrived today.

harlzter;2695375

Theres nothing to the guts of an xbox basically hard drive, dvd drive … Theres nothing to the guts of an xbox basically hard drive, dvd drive motherboard and a fan! Im forever opening mine up to de dust it as its amazing how much those fans can suck in! TRust me your xbox is more likely to live a longer life by opening it and cleaning it than by not!:thumbsup:

i might have to clean mine :whistling: install a better fan keep it cooler etc :thumbsup:

faevilangel;2695471

i might have to clean mine :whistling: install a better fan keep it … i might have to clean mine :whistling: install a better fan keep it cooler etc :thumbsup:

You dont need a better fan the stock ones are fine, I have mine set at 40% and never had any problems at all.

The current state of my two as of 10 minutes ago is:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s308/harlzter/xbox12.jpg
    http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s308/harlzter/xbox11.jpg
    http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s308/harlzter/xbox1.jpg

Note the dust on the fan and heatsink in the lower picture? Thats just 2-3 months worth!
    In fact note the different layouts due to different versions!

so only the hard drive should be upgraded ? im thinking of putting a 250GB (will need help with it tho:whistling:)

faevilangel;2695471

i might have to clean mine :whistling: install a better fan keep it … i might have to clean mine :whistling: install a better fan keep it cooler etc :thumbsup:

thats where the fan i bought (well sort of) from you is going im hoping its quieter than the original

I have some spares if you need them

The DVD drive would be all you need, yours for just postage

RedIron;2695780

I have some spares if you need themThe DVD drive would be all you need, … I have some spares if you need themThe DVD drive would be all you need, yours for just postage

If the op isnt interested can I register interest as one of mine is playing upas its missing a tooth on a cog, so sometimes jams/sometimes doesnt very hit and miss.

harlzter;2695844

If the op isnt interested can I register interest as one of mine is … If the op isnt interested can I register interest as one of mine is playing upas its missing a tooth on a cog, so sometimes jams/sometimes doesnt very hit and miss.

Yeah no problem

It's a whole box i'm using for spares by the way as the hard drive in unlocked and I don't have the eeprom

So if you need anything else from it too let me know

can someone sell me a modded xbox please

RedIron;2695866

Yeah no problem

To keep within the mods guidlines i'll put it in the fs/ft as a wanted later save us both from the wrath of the mods:thumbsup:

harlzter;2695943

To keep within the mods guidlines i'll put it in the fs/ft as a wanted … To keep within the mods guidlines i'll put it in the fs/ft as a wanted later save us both from the wrath of the mods:thumbsup:

No problems pm me the link when you have

I will leave my offer open to Spobby for 1 hour, if I have no reply by then you can have it Harlzter

So we'll say 15:45 that way I can get it posted to you today if you like

Original Poster

Right got it swapped now have a crystal one.

Dam u...... I want a Crystal.

I should have asked when I bought my one from game if they had a green one lol, they are supposed to be quite rare.

TIm

Original Poster

timothyw9;2698100

Dam u...... I want a Crystal.I should have asked when I bought my one … Dam u...... I want a Crystal.I should have asked when I bought my one from game if they had a green one lol, they are supposed to be quite rare.TIm

Lol if their rare why would some one trade in?

Coz they wouldn't know its rare.

Original Poster

spose anyway , xbox now working with evox =]

spobby;2699869

gonna install xmbc???

spobby;2699869

evox is horrible you should of installed unleashx its a much nicer dash

Original Poster

faevilangel;2700368

gonna install xmbc???

Yeah think so.
    guerilla;2701847

evox is horrible you should of installed unleashx its a much nicer dash

Should i get rid of evox then ? And re do it?

is it game you get em for a tenner?

Original Poster

Cluffy321;2706390

is it game you get em for a tenner?

yup they might of run out though
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tooth extraction1011
      2. Jury service811
      3. Oculus Desktop - new or used11