Xbox problem? possibly internet/router?

Found 9th May 2010
Xbox has been playing up today, on mw2, keeps freezing randomly in game, kicking me out, then disconnecting me from xbox live - wont let me sign back in until i 'test connection' then it does it all over again, 5 times so far. havent played a full game yet.

anyone able to help?

14 Comments

get a ps3?

Original Poster

shanecr;8565112

get a ps3?

kids these days..

t0mm;8565121

kids these days..

tell me about it :whistling:

Restarted router?

Are you trying to connect wirelessly using the adapter?

Which modem/router ?

Isp ?

Connection type Lan / Wlan ?

welcome to talktalk

Original Poster

DragonChris;8565369

Restarted router?Are you trying to connect wirelessly using the adapter?

Yup restarted, static IP aswell.
Wired to router.

dontasciime;8565434

Which modem/router ?Isp ?Connection type Lan / Wlan ?

Virgin
LAN
chelskii;8566001

What and play without understandable chat etc, PS3 online game chat is … What and play without understandable chat etc, PS3 online game chat is unusable, (And I have an official Sony headset)-------------------------------------------If you have pcs etc on same router it may be a good idea to reset the router...EDIT: Good point from Bully below, who is your isp, look up on their forums see if a lot of others getting the same problems and what the answer is..

LOL :thumbsup:
Bully;8566023

welcome to talktalk

(Virgin for me)

When you test xbox connection you get any NAT warnings or when you play MW2 multiplayer what nat do you get ... Open ? Moderate ? or Strict ?

What model /modem/router ?

Original Poster

dontasciime;8566257

When you test xbox connection you get any NAT warnings or when you play … When you test xbox connection you get any NAT warnings or when you play MW2 multiplayer what nat do you get ... Open ? Moderate ? or Strict ?What model /modem/router ?

NAT is Open

it's the little black modem
router is a buffalo airstation WHR-G300N

you got more than 1 xbox on live at any one time

Even though you're using lan could it be over heating ?

Original Poster

dontasciime;8566365

you got more than 1 xbox on live at any one time

dontasciime;8566377

Even though you're using lan could it be over heating ?

think i've managed to fix it kinda.

I set the ip to *16 not *5
but my nat has gone to moderate!

Have you looked at buffalo support site to see if the changelog in firmwares mentions any specific problems with xbox live .... is this your model or you got V2 will be on bottom or side of router I would imagine.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/3627/16489683.th.png

If you have upnp in that router turn it on. use dhcp EG turn it on in router to assign ip's from the router and setup 360 to get IP AUTO and dns auto

t0mm;8566398

think i've managed to fix it kinda.I set the ip to *16 not *5but my nat … think i've managed to fix it kinda.I set the ip to *16 not *5but my nat has gone to moderate!

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sonos Amazon Echo discount code beg thread34
    2. Wireless External Harddrive Recommendations22
    3. Cineworld - possible to book film for future at counter to save booking fee…34
    4. Toyota verso camera25

See more discussions