Groups

XBOX problem - scratched discs

i bought a new arcade from sainsbury's today......... after less than 2 hours on the console my new games are experiencing scracthed rings on the disc

the discs are now unreadable ............. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

i would take it back but the store is a 80 mile driveeeeeee grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

what can i do about this (useless) peice of kit from microsoft

its a Benq drive btw

14 Comments

should be able to take it back to any sainsburys - or you could contact xbox as long as you have your recipts

Original Poster

Sheep87;3126445

should be able to take it back to any sainsburys - or you could contact … should be able to take it back to any sainsburys - or you could contact xbox as long as you have your recipts

nearest sainsbury's is 30 mile & can't get there till next weekend unless i take a bus

Call up microsoft and moan until they give you a new 360 - simple.

Tim

They should be able to use the Serial Number to find out how long is left on the warranty

Take it back to the nearest store or give them a phone and see if they will pay for postage if you send it to them - when i worked in retail we would get loads back by post and always made sure postage was covered

angel, get on fifa now, and accept the invite man.. we need you to play :thumbsup:

Disco;3126483

angel, get on fifa now, and accept the invite man.. we need you to play … angel, get on fifa now, and accept the invite man.. we need you to play :thumbsup:

and if his disks are scratched because of his 360 thenn.... :-D lol...

Try turning the 360 so the disk drive is upside down... no idea if it'd work but y'know!

lol

Tim

Original Poster

Disco;3126483

angel, get on fifa now, and accept the invite man.. we need you to play … angel, get on fifa now, and accept the invite man.. we need you to play :thumbsup:

read above .......... the game keeps cutting out :cry:

Original Poster

timothyw9;3126469

Call up microsoft and moan until they give you a new 360 - simple.TimThey … Call up microsoft and moan until they give you a new 360 - simple.TimThey should be able to use the Serial Number to find out how long is left on the warranty

not hard to guess since i bought it this morning :lol:

Original Poster

so there isnt a quick fox for this ??? :cry:

Change the position from horizontal to vertical (or vice versa)

Original Poster

RedIron;3126709

Change the position from horizontal to vertical (or vice versa)

its on its side @ moment .......... my brrother likes to put all the consoles on there side

i told him not too .... grrrrrrrrrr could that be the problem ??

Banned

faevilangel;3126740

its on its side @ moment .......... my brrother likes to put all the … its on its side @ moment .......... my brrother likes to put all the consoles on there side i told him not too .... grrrrrrrrrr could that be the problem ??

no it's a defect

faevilangel;3126740

its on its side @ moment .......... my brrother likes to put all the … its on its side @ moment .......... my brrother likes to put all the consoles on there side i told him not too .... grrrrrrrrrr could that be the problem ??

It could be yes, if the surface it's on isn't completely level (say sitting on stand on a thick soft carpet or wonky wooden floor) the disk may hit the laser and scratch your discs

From having a look on Google it's a pretty common problem though so maybe not

Original Poster

RedIron;3126777

It could be yes, if the surface it's on isn't completely level (say … It could be yes, if the surface it's on isn't completely level (say sitting on stand on a thick soft carpet or wonky wooden floor) the disk may hit the laser and scratch your discsFrom having a look on Google it's a pretty common problem though so maybe not

im without an xbox now then :cry: the store is 80 mile while local one is 30 mile but local one has no xbox's ........ :cry:

might jsust get money back & buy one from tesco :roll:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Does the app aznog still work?22
      2. Best Custom ROM for XIaomi Redmi Note 233
      3. Virgin Media TV67
      4. Samsung 4k TVs which one 49/55inch curved? £1.50023

See more discussions