EXPIRED

XBox Purchase Help Please

Before i start - please can i explain - i am rubbish at technology !

Ok - next after much chatting and playing with his pals systems my lad has settles on going halves on an xbox as thats what most of his pals have.

I am after some help - he is only 11 - so no 18 games etc - he is after Fifa 11 or Need for Speed (he assures me they are ok !) and a 250gb system.

There is a deal on here for £199 for fifa 11 and a 250gb xbox - is that about the best price i would get - or is it worth holding out ?

Also - he has asked for xbox live - and i am completely baffled by that - i have read on here - but what is gold & silver ? What will he need ?

thanks for any info - in advance

15 Comments

i think you get a free month of silver per new account/machine,xbox live gold is a subscription to play games online - available in 1,3 and 12 month bundles

£29.97 for 12 months at amazon

Original Poster

Charlie Scene

i think you get a free month of silver per new account/machine,xbox live … i think you get a free month of silver per new account/machine,xbox live gold is a subscription to play games online - available in 1,3 and 12 month bundles£29.97 for 12 months at amazon

thanks for your help - sorry to be thick - if he wants to play games with his mates - will the silver do that ?

The Amazon deal for the 250gb console, a HDMI cable and a free game is probably the best deal at the minute.

Xbox Live is a subscription to enable him to play online against his mates and others. Around £27 for 12 months if you get it online.
Edited by: "hornblowerracing" 13th Dec 2010

lucerysmum

thanks for your help - sorry to be thick - if he wants to play games with … thanks for your help - sorry to be thick - if he wants to play games with his mates - will the silver do that ?

No, you need Gold membership to play online.

Original Poster

hornblowerracing

The Amazon deal for the 250gb console, a HDMI cable and a free game is … The Amazon deal for the 250gb console, a HDMI cable and a free game is probably the best deal at the minute.Xbox Live is a yearly subscription to enable him to play online against his mates and others. Around £27 if you get it online.

thanks so much - can i just ask what is the difference between gold and silver - thanks - sorry to be thick

Original Poster

lucerysmum

thanks so much - can i just ask what is the difference between gold and … thanks so much - can i just ask what is the difference between gold and silver - thanks - sorry to be thick

thanks - you answered while i was typing asking the question !

as above you need gold to play your mates or anyone online hth

No problem, it's all a bit daunting if you are not familiar with it.

Original Poster

Charlie Scene

as above you need gold to play your mates or anyone online hth

thanks for your help - 'liked' all your posts

Original Poster

hornblowerracing

No problem, it's all a bit daunting if you are not familiar with it.

tell me about it !

appreciate your help - 'liked' your posts

lucerysmum

thanks for your help - 'liked' all your posts

thanks and happy shopping - great present btw

supermod

Hi my boys are in the same age range and just posting a quick heads up if your son wants to play FIFA11 online with his friends - EA Games requires that they are 13 years old before they can play online. With Fifa 10 there was a parents consent link which allowed you to authorise younger players to go online. Just something to consider when you create a live account for him possibly adding 2 extra years to his age ? Some of the active fifa gamers may be able to advise further.

Original Poster

Charlie Scene

thanks and happy shopping - great present btw

ta - hope so - he's looking forward to it

Original Poster

sigma

Hi my boys are in the same age range and just posting a quick heads up if … Hi my boys are in the same age range and just posting a quick heads up if your son wants to play FIFA11 online with his friends - EA Games requires that they are 13 years old before they can play online. With Fifa 10 there was a parents consent link which allowed you to authorise younger players to go online. Just something to consider when you create a live account for him possibly adding 2 extra years to his age ? Some of the active fifa gamers may be able to advise further.

thanks so much - it would be a disaster if he couldn't play it with them - that is almost the only reason he has gone halves for this over a ps3 !

sigma

Hi my boys are in the same age range and just posting a quick heads up if … Hi my boys are in the same age range and just posting a quick heads up if your son wants to play FIFA11 online with his friends - EA Games requires that they are 13 years old before they can play online. With Fifa 10 there was a parents consent link which allowed you to authorise younger players to go online. Just something to consider when you create a live account for him possibly adding 2 extra years to his age ? Some of the active fifa gamers may be able to advise further.

that's a good shout
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Car Leasing Deals (Audi, Golf or Scirocco)11
    2. Electricity11
    3. Which Smart Watch for Running?25
    4. Which Camera?!!!22

See more discussions