Groups

XBOX Question

If someone gets banned from xbox live...as far as i know it's only the gamertag not the console...can they use any downloaded purchases on another gamertag if they create one??

He was banned, he thinks, for using the FIFA 10 glitch a few weeks ago to get Ultimate Team packs for free by unplugging and plugging back in the wireless adaptor whilst purchasing them.

12 Comments

Console is banned, not the gamertag.

i think it is the console that gets banned

Original Poster

But if they ban the console, does that mean he can recover his gamertag on another console that isnt banned? Because he cant log into his gamertag on xbox.com?

If it was for the FIFA glitch then in this case it would be an account ban, not console ban, console bans only come by other means..

Original Poster

DudeyGeeza;8326279

If it was for the FIFA glitch then in this case it would be an account … If it was for the FIFA glitch then in this case it would be an account ban, not console ban, console bans only come by other means..

On his e-mail from Microsoft it said:

This email is to notify you that your Xbox LIVE account privileges have been permanently suspended due to marketplace theft.

The conduct that caused this suspension may include, but is not limited to:

Duplication of item purchase history
    Attempted Microsoft Points fraud
    Illegitimate acquisition of redemption codes

So would this mean anything he's bought using his gamertag on his console cant be used again, even if he's bought it properly?

Is this your mate or you????

Then yes, account, not console ban..

Original Poster

craigk8163;8326301

Is this your mate or you????

Well...my mate now, possibly me as well though later on lol. :whistling:

Yes everything that the account has purchased, now useless

Original Poster

DudeyGeeza;8326318

Yes everything that the account has purchased, now useless

ooops...lol. Best get prepared to lose everything i've got then, lol. But it does mean he, and maybe later on me, can create a new gamertag on that console and carry on as normal (just without the downloaded stuff).

Yes, just create one on the console, u get 4x 1months free per new tag per console..;-)

Original Poster

Cheers everyone...thanks for help. Rep to all!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 4K TV Deals?12
      2. Golf DSG GTD Real MPG?69
      3. Need help with buying a 4K TV for gaming11
      4. Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA89

See more discussions