Groups

xbox ring of death!!!

I just got the ring of death and my warrenty is 6 days out! What should I do? where should I take it?

17 Comments

Just wait for the PS3 fanboys...They'll be glad to hear this piece of news...

Unlucky add it to the 540 already on ebay? get 30 or 40 for it without the leads sell them seperatly

then go buy a new 1 for £100?

or just get a ps3!!!!

Is it 3 or 4 rings?

Microsoft will sort it our upto 3 years old when this happens, Ring them and they will direct you to the right department.. (good luck)
    My sons went 3 weeks ago but lucky enough it was still in warrenty so i just took it back to Game and they kindly swopped it for a new one straight awy.

Do you mean that it's 3 years old, or you've had it a year?

There is a grace period so you shouldnt have a problem getting it repaired. Although I would tell them you bought it a week later than you actually did.

Original Poster

no I misread read it I thought it was 6 days and 3 years since I bought it turns out it the 3 year warrenty expired in feb! Im gutted!

aaron14danni;6980390

no I misread read it I thought it was 6 days and 3 years since I bought … no I misread read it I thought it was 6 days and 3 years since I bought it turns out it the 3 year warrenty expired in feb! Im gutted!

Happens to most 360's, you've done well.

It lasted 3 years?

You can register a repair online [url]www.xbox.com[/url] It should tell you if there will be a charge or not.

Do you still have the receipt?

Original Poster

No it was actually second hand off ebay! thanks for all the ehlp guys... tried to register it on xbox.com and there saying its already been registered to someone else so I cant request a repair!! arrgghh!!!

Can you not contact the people you bought it off...maybe they could request a repair? I'd try it!

Buy mine

Original Poster

Thanks everyone... finally spoke 2 microsoft who said as date of manufacture was different to date of purchase I still have a warrenty!! fingers crossed itll be fixed for free!

The warranty is 3 months on top of the manufacturing date.

ring ms they fixed one for me 3 days out of warrenty just say you brought it xmas 2006
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927367
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2344
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047133
      4. Spotify Family Premium share718

See more discussions