Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S launching 10th November

Deal editor977
Posted 8th Sep 2020
Update 2
The Xbox Series S and X will both officially launch on November 10th, pre-ordering available September 22nd

Xbox Series S - £249
Xbox Series X - £449

Also see; EA Play (Access) soon to be included with Xbox Game Pass

3968.jpg
Although to an extent 'leaked', the Xbox Series S console has been revealed and will launch on November 10th priced at $299 and yes, it does look a bit like a washing machine

3539467.jpg
Windows Central are reporting that November 10th will mark the launch for both the Xbox Series X ($499) and the Xbox Series S ($299) with both consoles being supported with an All Access Plan which includes the console ($35p/m for the X and $25p/m for the S), Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold.

Xbox's response to the apparent rumours, all but confirm these reports are in fact true

3539467.jpg
and of course, this news comes the day before the PlayStation 25th anniversary, where Sony were heavily rumoured to be dropping pricing info for the PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 5 Slim.

$299 (£249) - who's going for the Series S?
Community Updates
Lead deal editor
Update, confirmed for UK £249.99!

33526-ezM91.jpg

Xbox official Twitter account confirmed $299 price

33526.jpg
Update 1
Xbox just confirmed $299 price
Top comments
This push to all digital will be the death of gaming; at least to those who prefer owning their games, trading their games, and getting good deals on their games.
Aerobiz08/09/2020 08:15

This push to all digital will be the death of gaming; at least to those …This push to all digital will be the death of gaming; at least to those who prefer owning their games, trading their games, and getting good deals on their games.

I think those who prefer that are dying off tbh. I used to be one of those guys but really now whats the point? I have hardly any physical games now due to game pass and great xbox sales. Physical isn't what it used to be, I can't buy a physical game now and load it straight from the disc, not only does it need to install but the updates are huge, or in some cases, bigger than what is actually on the disc which makes it redundant. I think a lot less people care now.

This push to all digital will be the death of gaming; at least to those …This push to all digital will be the death of gaming; at least to those who prefer owning their games, trading their games, and getting good deals on their games.

Tell that to us PC gamers

Welcome to 2010!

Butr in all seriousness its all going to be about the Xbox GamePass for both Xbox and PC. Xbox wants the netflix of gaming and this S series console is perfect for that wioth xCloud and all
Edited by: "darthvader666uk" 8th Sep
rs_tigerblade08/09/2020 08:35

I think those who prefer that are dying off tbh. I used to be one of those …I think those who prefer that are dying off tbh. I used to be one of those guys but really now whats the point? I have hardly any physical games now due to game pass and great xbox sales. Physical isn't what it used to be, I can't buy a physical game now and load it straight from the disc, not only does it need to install but the updates are huge, or in some cases, bigger than what is actually on the disc which makes it redundant. I think a lot less people care now.

i pick up cheap games from ebay all the time, not to mention lending games to/from friends.. i dont want to be held to digital prices
977 Comments
Whats the difference in them both? Can't be bothered goggling this time of morning
Relatively inexpensive but another ugly addition to the next gen lineup

Edit; there I am trawling eBay for a couple of limited edition current gen consoles that are more expensive than this
Edited by: "Jump_Out_Gang" 8th Sep
I was going for the Playstation 5 but if this is sub £300, I might actually get this instead.
I’d be interested in the S if you allowed physical media, but I’ll probably up getting the X at some point.
Fail
Big_Rik08/09/2020 07:51

Whats the difference in them both? Can't be bothered goggling this time of …Whats the difference in them both? Can't be bothered goggling this time of morning

The main difference is that this is a digital console, so no disc drive to play physical games (similar to Playstation 5 digital). There's also another rumour flying about that the reason this is significantly cheaper is that it has weaker specs to the Series X and Playstation 5 consoles so think of this as Microsoft's "next gen base line" when it comes to developing games
alex26099308/09/2020 08:03

The main difference is that this is a digital console, so no disc drive to …The main difference is that this is a digital console, so no disc drive to play physical games (similar to Playstation 5 digital). There's also another rumour flying about that the reason this is significantly cheaper is that it has weaker specs to the Series X and Playstation 5 consoles so think of this as Microsoft's "next gen base line" when it comes to developing games

Ah right, its only when u have a digital console, then u realise how much u miss one with a disc drive. Buying and selling newer games especially
Here’s a good breakdown of the specs:
This push to all digital will be the death of gaming; at least to those who prefer owning their games, trading their games, and getting good deals on their games.
Shame there will be no killer game on release. Hoping the series x will be sub 499

We will become the retro gamers
Big_Rik08/09/2020 08:07

Ah right, its only when u have a digital console, then u realise how much …Ah right, its only when u have a digital console, then u realise how much u miss one with a disc drive. Buying and selling newer games especially

Exactly plus it also doubles as a 4k Blu Ray player so you miss out on that with the cheaper console...tbh unless you game share (and also assuming that is allowed this gen) then the saving is not worth it imo
Jump_Out_Gang08/09/2020 07:52

Relatively inexpensive but another ugly addition to the next gen …Relatively inexpensive but another ugly addition to the next gen lineupEdit; there I am trawling eBay for a couple of limited edition current gen consoles that are more expensive than this

You’ve said it yourself, “limited edition”, that’s why they are more expensive than this upcoming mass released console.

Tell that to us PC gamers

Welcome to 2010!

Butr in all seriousness its all going to be about the Xbox GamePass for both Xbox and PC. Xbox wants the netflix of gaming and this S series console is perfect for that wioth xCloud and all
Edited by: "darthvader666uk" 8th Sep
Xbox just confirmed it re price

41862250-XkyQW.jpg

Whats the difference in them both? Can't be bothered goggling this time of …Whats the difference in them both? Can't be bothered goggling this time of morning

The Series S is for 1080p gaming, hence a less powerful GPU. Other specs remain pretty much the same.
I'd be tempted by this. Haven't bought a physical game for my xbox one for about 3 years. Will wait for the first batch to come out in case of any problems.
no physical games? no thanks

I think those who prefer that are dying off tbh. I used to be one of those guys but really now whats the point? I have hardly any physical games now due to game pass and great xbox sales. Physical isn't what it used to be, I can't buy a physical game now and load it straight from the disc, not only does it need to install but the updates are huge, or in some cases, bigger than what is actually on the disc which makes it redundant. I think a lot less people care now.
"You pay for what you get"
rs_tigerblade08/09/2020 08:35

I think those who prefer that are dying off tbh. I used to be one of those …I think those who prefer that are dying off tbh. I used to be one of those guys but really now whats the point? I have hardly any physical games now due to game pass and great xbox sales. Physical isn't what it used to be, I can't buy a physical game now and load it straight from the disc, not only does it need to install but the updates are huge, or in some cases, bigger than what is actually on the disc which makes it redundant. I think a lot less people care now.

i pick up cheap games from ebay all the time, not to mention lending games to/from friends.. i dont want to be held to digital prices
Looks like Xiaomi attempt at copying my grandmas old radio...

Series X - 4k /60fps/ high and ultra settings

Series S - 1080p and 1440p/60fps/ mid and high settings

Whilst not yet official but very likely real, 12tf GPU vs 4tf GPU, 16gb RAM vs 10gb RAM, disc vs Digital. I think the rest like CPU will be the same
Omg I thought this was the series x. The naming of these things is so confusing.
Or just putting a dvd on, which is what i have missed most since my disc drive broke
10th November, my birthday

Yea man, bit like CD's and DVDs
Why are they making two consoles. The whole point of consoles is that you just use it straight out of the box unlike a pc
GonzoFK08/09/2020 07:56

I was going for the Playstation 5 but if this is sub £300, I might …I was going for the Playstation 5 but if this is sub £300, I might actually get this instead.

Keep in mind that Sony will also have two consoles, with one cheaper than the other.
Also, I think that the Microsoft Series S is slightly less powerful than the Series X.

spot on? some of us like too see games on our shelves, and not having too pay over inflated prices on xbox or ps store for a new game, and instead waiting for few weeks for a price drop then coming on here too see how cheap you can get it 😁
The black circle looks so ugly on the white though
joetheheartbreaker08/09/2020 08:43

Why are they making two consoles. The whole point of consoles is that you …Why are they making two consoles. The whole point of consoles is that you just use it straight out of the box unlike a pc

allegedly one is capable of 1080p with dynamic 4k 60, the other one is going for stable 4k / 60 without artificial upscaling.
sm969008/09/2020 08:45

The black circle looks so ugly on the white though

Agreed. This console needs a black version ASAP.

Why are they making two consoles. The whole point of consoles is that you …Why are they making two consoles. The whole point of consoles is that you just use it straight out of the box unlike a pc

It's so they can undercut the price of Sony, also a lot of people still only have 1080p TV so means people don't need to pay for 4K performance. Series S is designed for playing at 1080p and Series X is intended for 4K
Edited by: "hobsgrg" 8th Sep
If $499 = £499 here in the UK, I'm in.
deleted231590
What the deuce?!

Still straight out of the box. One has a disc player and more power for 4K and ray tracing, the other one doesn’t have a Blu-ray player, a bit less power and good for those who will stick to 1080p. (Upscale to 4K tv)
Might not actually be great value if the X is $500 (considering the supposed power difference and the fact it has a 4K Blu Ray drive too) but it's going to be an enticing price for a lot of people if the PS5 starts at $400-450. Seems like both companies are still waiting to try and undercut the other on the main consoles though.

Naw it won’t.
Post a comment
@
    Text