Xbox Series X announced - Coming Holidays 2020

Posted 13th Dec 2019
Just announced at The Game Awards. No info on price yet.

3362539.jpg3362539.jpg3362539.jpg
Community Updates
ADMIN

Xbox Series X will be our fastest, most powerful console ever and set a new bar for performance, speed and compatibility, allowing you to bring your gaming legacy, thousands of games from three generations and more forward with you. Its industrial design enables us to deliver four times the processing power of Xbox One X in the most quiet and efficient way, something that is critically important in delivering truly immersive gameplay. We also designed Xbox Series X to support both vertical and horizontal orientation. It’s bold and unique, very much like our fans around the world and the team of collaborators and innovators who built it.

The name Xbox is an expression of our deep history in gaming, our team’s unrelenting passion, and our commitment to both our fans and the future of gaming at Microsoft. It also signifies our belief that a gaming console should be for just that – gaming.

Alongside Xbox Series X, we also unveiled the new Xbox Wireless Controller. Its size and shape have been refined to accommodate an even wider range of people, and it also features a new Share button to make capturing screenshots and game clips simple and an advanced d-pad derived from the Xbox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller. The new Xbox Wireless Controller will be compatible with Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs, and will be included with every Xbox Series X.

More info news.xbox.com/en-…-x/
Misc

Groups

Top comments
39347481-0bTkr.jpg
The only thing i hate.

MICROSOFT NEED TO FIRE WHOEVER NAMES THEIR PRODUCTS.

X Box Series X, I mean how close to X BOX ONE X can you really get.

They could not think of anything else at all. Maybe X BOX 4, X BOX BASE,,,,,just anything else.
If it is actually that shape and size it won’t fit in quite a lot of tv stands/cabinets...
Bargainhead13/12/2019 05:52

If it is actually that shape and size it won’t fit in quite a lot of tv s …If it is actually that shape and size it won’t fit in quite a lot of tv stands/cabinets...

It will . It can go horizontal .
378 Comments
If it is actually that shape and size it won’t fit in quite a lot of tv stands/cabinets...
Bargainhead13/12/2019 05:52

If it is actually that shape and size it won’t fit in quite a lot of tv s …If it is actually that shape and size it won’t fit in quite a lot of tv stands/cabinets...

Burkos13/12/2019 05:56

Even horizontal it won’t fit in tv stands under tv, it looks twice as wide as a tv box, which most stands are designed for...
Bargainhead13/12/2019 05:59

Even horizontal it won’t fit in tv stands under tv, it looks twice as wide …Even horizontal it won’t fit in tv stands under tv, it looks twice as wide as a tv box, which most stands are designed for...

agreed, terrible design for its purpose. Looks nice though!
Dannyrobbo13/12/2019 06:41

agreed, terrible design for its purpose. Looks nice though!

If they are increasing the power, then they have to go for a PC tower shape. It makes sense as that is more suited for the internal parts. It was only a matter of time before consoles turn into PCs anyway...
JohnnyRoller13/12/2019 07:35

If they are increasing the power, then they have to go for a PC tower …If they are increasing the power, then they have to go for a PC tower shape. It makes sense as that is more suited for the internal parts. It was only a matter of time before consoles turn into PCs anyway...

No they don’t it’s just easier to design it that way. It’ll be less powerful than some of the top spec laptops on the market that launch at the same time all much smaller and sufficiently cooled.

It’s more than likely a design choice very Apple so you don’t bury this box in a TV cab.
Dannyrobbo13/12/2019 07:45

No they don’t it’s just easier to design it that way. It’ll be less power …No they don’t it’s just easier to design it that way. It’ll be less powerful than some of the top spec laptops on the market that launch at the same time all much smaller and sufficiently cooled. It’s more than likely a design choice very Apple so you don’t bury this box in a TV cab.

A laptop always has issues with cooling, and isn’t designed to be used for gaming for prolonged periods of time. It isn’t a coincidence PC towers are the shape they are, they are much more suited for cooling and housing computer parts. This will become the standard shape for gaming consoles.
do you reckon this is just another xbox one? or the new “scarlett” dubbed console?
JohnnyRoller13/12/2019 07:52

A laptop always has issues with cooling, and isn’t designed to be used for …A laptop always has issues with cooling, and isn’t designed to be used for gaming for prolonged periods of time. It isn’t a coincidence PC towers are the shape they are, they are much more suited for cooling and housing computer parts. This will become the standard shape for gaming consoles.

they are also very thin put a laptop mobo n a bigger case with larger cooling and you have a more powerful device in a smaller form factor.

What I’m saying is there is no reason for this shape it’s a design choice not a necessity.
Dannyrobbo13/12/2019 08:02

they are also very thin put a laptop mobo n a bigger case with larger …they are also very thin put a laptop mobo n a bigger case with larger cooling and you have a more powerful device in a smaller form factor.What I’m saying is there is no reason for this shape it’s a design choice not a necessity.

It all depends what it is housing, consoles are built on specific budgets. They could build with expensive parts but that wouldn’t fit the market for potential console customers. Design is a combination of choice and practicality.
Connor_LR13/12/2019 07:56

do you reckon this is just another xbox one? or the new “scarlett” dubbed c …do you reckon this is just another xbox one? or the new “scarlett” dubbed console?

don't see the word "one" anywhere yet so i think it's the 4th console now? equivalent to ps5 & switch in terms of generation

(edit) Also just realised xbox one X already exists so the new xbox X must be a new X and not the first xbox or the 360 xbox or the xbox one or the xbox one x... I hope
Edited by: "Felicitous" 13th Dec 2019
Felicitous13/12/2019 08:08

don't see the word "one" anywhere yet so i think it's the 4th console now? …don't see the word "one" anywhere yet so i think it's the 4th console now? equivalent to ps5 & switch in terms of generation

oh thats cool
Here's the YouTube clip in case not viewed yet.

Looking at the images above seems to be about the Width and Depth (approx 16 cm's) and Height x 3 (Approx 33 cm's) of an Xbox controller.

Xbox One X dimensions are W 30cm x D 24cm x H 6cm

Do note I can be completely wrong as only going by images posted above.

don't see the word "one" anywhere yet so i think it's the 4th console now? …don't see the word "one" anywhere yet so i think it's the 4th console now? equivalent to ps5 & switch in terms of generation(edit) Also just realised xbox one X already exists so the new xbox X must be a new X and not the first xbox or the 360 xbox or the xbox one or the xbox one x... I hope

architecture is the same these days so I guess you could say that.
I do like the odd look of it, but I'm already wondering of the size and will it fit in my new tv cabinet. No way I'm buying and building another just to fit this new Xbox
I don't think it's as big as it looks.

Seems to me it's about the size of a stack of 25 CD cases.
Trying to make it look like a Smart Speaker, I'm not a fan being honest!

don't see the word "one" anywhere yet so i think it's the 4th console now? …don't see the word "one" anywhere yet so i think it's the 4th console now? equivalent to ps5 & switch in terms of generation(edit) Also just realised xbox one X already exists so the new xbox X must be a new X and not the first xbox or the 360 xbox or the xbox one or the xbox one x... I hope

Needs editing again that
Looks like an ashtray,
Would make a nice stool to sit on.
The only thing i hate.

MICROSOFT NEED TO FIRE WHOEVER NAMES THEIR PRODUCTS.

X Box Series X, I mean how close to X BOX ONE X can you really get.

They could not think of anything else at all. Maybe X BOX 4, X BOX BASE,,,,,just anything else.
Good post my dude..

This might be what brings me back to Xbox.

#bring back the 360!
Agreed, crap name
Not a fan of the design tbh
I like it, it has a nice monolithic slab look to it.
Also, it's probably better laid horizontally anyway, due to the orientation of the disc drive. Looks like it's being displayed vertically more for aesthetic reasons than anything else.
I love it how on twitter they posted that this is the fastest, most powerful XBOX ever,not console. So the question is that they admit that the ps5 will be better or they don't know yet?
Kudos to confusing name again
Name crap but i like the design , not going to be buying it anyway as although gamepass is great ,I have yet to be convinced that there are going to be any exclusives worth buying (for me,).
Is anyone surprised about the holiday 2020 date as they were bound to try and out do each others launch event
Edited by: "codnan" 13th Dec 2019
Microsoft NoExBox
although it says horizontal or vertical. The optimal placement will be vertical because the heat needs to rise to the top grill shown and this box will generate a lot of heat!
So is this the project scarlet console.......? please forgive my confusion.
Like the design! Better than the original Xbox One! It only looks the same width as the controller, will fit fine sideways for me in my TV stand I think..!
JOHNNY_WILKINSON13/12/2019 10:11

Yes, according to eurogamer etc.
JOHNNY_WILKINSON13/12/2019 10:11

Same here, I was confused as well. They need to change it Project X to something else as it's too similar to One X
For guys complaining about size, it's 12" x 6" x 6"
The name is terrible, how would people know the difference between the xbox one x and this.
Ugly odd shaped console that will no doubt yet again have reliability issues with a complete lack of customer care or support when it fails shortly after the 1 year warranty expires. I got burnt on the 360 and have also been burnt by the one x retiner display fault. Both times M$ couldn't care less. I've learnt now.. Even if there is a delay my next console will be a Sony!
Edited by: "shockwaver13" 13th Dec 2019
Want!
It looks like Amazon Tv after a growth spurt!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants