Posted 1st Nov 2021
Has anyone bought the £100 used perfect condition Xbox series X from Amazon currently on the 'other buying options'?
Everything from the seller's name to the lack of detail seems odd, but I thought I'd take the risk for £100 and see what arrived, it is after all protected to a reasonable extent by Amazon's refund policy.
I assumed it would get cancelled as an incorrect listing, but no, something's been dispatched and heading my way via DHL.
I'll find out for sure on Wednesday when it arrives, but before I get too excited, has anyone else previously ordered it? Did you get an Xbox or some horrendous random item?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment
Top comments
Author
I've done a bit more digging.
The tracking number is indeed fake. The invoice claims to be from an accountancy company in Northampton. I've contacted the owner who's at her wits end, being bombarded with phonecalls from angry Amazon customers.
I took the liberty of contacting the fraudster with a fake IP grabbing link, helpfully he clicked on it and his iPhone is showing in Los Angeles, although his timezone is GMT so likely using a VPN. His ISP is Digital Energy Technologies which is a well known fraud facilitator.
I'm going to try to get Amazon to remove and block further postings, but it I could ask as many people as possible to report this account as fraudulent, it may force Amazon to act a little quicker.
Author
After an unhealthy amount of time arguing with Amazon, they've suspended the seller. Sure it won't be long before they reinvent themselves and start again. I got my £100 refunded too! Small victories, but hopefully Amazon will keep a closer eye on their high demand listings... We'll see...
52 Comments
  1. Avatar
    I saw that. Will probably end up being a broken one x or something similar. And with it being marketplace I’m not sure if your as protected with Amazon or not.
  2. Avatar
    I only read the 1st sentence. I’m interested to find out what you get. Hopefully not just a box
  3. Avatar
    Did you choose the free gift wrap for the £30 voucher?
  4. Avatar
    Author
    chrisdwiliams01/11/2021 21:58

Did you choose the free gift wrap for the £30 voucher?

I did! Can't turn down a £30 voucher😁
  5. Avatar
    Lol, is that their seller name too? I'm intrigued!!
  6. Avatar
    Author
    twistedanimator01/11/2021 22:00

It's all very exciting 😬 I'll definitely share a pic of the straw stuffed donkey that will almost certainly arrive
  7. Avatar
    Xbox Series X Console 1TB SSD amazon.co.uk/dp/…PVX

different version but £200 with that voucher. Highly suspicious
  8. Avatar
    twistedanimator01/11/2021 22:00

It certainly is. Clearly a scam but I don’t know how this scam works. I’m eagerly awaiting the update on what is delivered
  9. Avatar
    Dont buy this if its too good to be true it always is
  10. Avatar
    Author
    hotshot01/11/2021 22:07

Dont buy this if its too good to be true it always is

What's to lose? Amazon's A-Z refund policy covers you, might take a few weeks to get my money back, but I get the excitement of finding out what arrives
  11. Avatar
    Why would you buy this? It's blatantly obvious you aren't going to get a Series X. It's not a punt unless you think betting on a 3 legged horse is a punt
    Edited by: "Azwipe" 1st Nov
  12. Avatar
    dave_gilmore8101/11/2021 22:10

What's to lose? Amazon's A-Z refund policy covers you, might take a few …What's to lose? Amazon's A-Z refund policy covers you, might take a few weeks to get my money back, but I get the excitement of finding out what arrives

Get excited about what nothings coming your money is tied up for a few weeks if that excites you
  13. Avatar

What's to lose? Amazon's A-Z refund policy covers you, might take a few …What's to lose? Amazon's A-Z refund policy covers you, might take a few weeks to get my money back, but I get the excitement of finding out what arrives

I would film yourself opening it for evidence if required, seller will be hoping to just provide the tracking no as proof of delivery... and the gift wrap is probably them hoping it won't get opened til xmas
  14. Avatar

Just make sure you record the whole opening of package, people have been accused of sending the wrong items back, the scam is probably to say you received an xbox but switched it out
  15. Avatar
    Author
    z1101/11/2021 22:18

I would film yourself opening it for evidence if required, seller will be …I would film yourself opening it for evidence if required, seller will be hoping to just provide the tracking no as proof of delivery... and the gift wrap is probably them hoping it won't get opened til xmas

:/ Sneaky. Yes will record the whole joyous opening
  16. Avatar
    Greta Thunberg won't be happy, Contributing to global warming, Especially when you open the box and it releases loads of CO2. Could be the tipping point
  17. Avatar
    Xbox series X it said used very good conditionReviewed in the United Kingdom on 6 October 2021
    Edition: Xbox Series XConfiguration: Standard
    Scammers on Amazon it said used good working order good condition Xbox series X it was £100 for a Xbox series X . Sounded to good to be true . And it was it was scammers on Amazon . Really thought I had found one . So let down by the system Amazon really need to check out so called sellers. As I am left with a broken heart a complete waste of my time and effort . Really sad now . I feel such a mug talk about let Down . 😔Amazon and Microsoft need to stop this kind of thing . Really thought it was coming as tracking was going along . Then at last moment found out it was a scam .... Not happy really not . Amazon need to do more .
  18. Avatar
    I'm so curious, please update!
  19. Avatar
    This sounds like the same scam postings that were on ps5. Can't believe some one else has decided to fall for it again.
    Edited by: "Deedie" 1st Nov
  20. Avatar
    Author
    Tipsygypsy01/11/2021 22:34

Xbox series X it said used very good conditionReviewed in the United …Xbox series X it said used very good conditionReviewed in the United Kingdom on 6 October 2021Edition: Xbox Series XConfiguration: StandardScammers on Amazon it said used good working order good condition Xbox series X it was £100 for a Xbox series X . Sounded to good to be true . And it was it was scammers on Amazon . Really thought I had found one . So let down by the system Amazon really need to check out so called sellers. As I am left with a broken heart a complete waste of my time and effort . Really sad now . I feel such a mug talk about let Down . 😔Amazon and Microsoft need to stop this kind of thing . Really thought it was coming as tracking was going along . Then at last moment found out it was a scam .... Not happy really not . Amazon need to do more .

Well that's a bit disappointing to hear, glad my expectations were already rock bottom. I'm interested to know how the scam works, so going to let it run for now. I may still be the proud owner of a series X on Wednesday
  21. Avatar
    My previous message was taken from a buyer’s review regarding the purchase they made from seller. Some thing definitely not right to have Amazon allowing these fraudulent seller
  22. Avatar
    Author
    Deedie01/11/2021 22:40

This sounds like the same scam postings that were on ps5. Can't believe …This sounds like the same scam postings that were on ps5. Can't believe some one else has decided to fall for it again.

Fear not, eyes wide open
  23. Avatar
    No harm people but why on earth would you think you're getting something that is regularly out of stock and even sells for more than is RRP for a fraction of the price ?????? the OP should know better than to post this crap lets see a receipt so your not winding everone up
  24. Avatar
    I did, but the last time around.
    Fake tracking number.
    Waste of time.
    Amazon didn't seem to bothered when I politely pointed out that it was a scam.
  25. Avatar
    I’ll also make a purchase of the listed Xbox series x to find out how they work this possible scam Amazon need to be informed if listing is in
  26. Avatar
    Tipsygypsy01/11/2021 22:34

Xbox series X it said used very good conditionReviewed in the United …Xbox series X it said used very good conditionReviewed in the United Kingdom on 6 October 2021Edition: Xbox Series XConfiguration: StandardScammers on Amazon it said used good working order good condition Xbox series X it was £100 for a Xbox series X . Sounded to good to be true . And it was it was scammers on Amazon . Really thought I had found one . So let down by the system Amazon really need to check out so called sellers. As I am left with a broken heart a complete waste of my time and effort . Really sad now . I feel such a mug talk about let Down . 😔Amazon and Microsoft need to stop this kind of thing . Really thought it was coming as tracking was going along . Then at last moment found out it was a scam .... Not happy really not . Amazon need to do more .

Why do Amazon and Microsoft need to stop this kind of thing? I fail to understand this reviewers logic? It's a recently released console that has a RRP of over £400, really are people that stupid to think they can get it for £100? Seriously? I guess this is why scammers exist as there are always sheep to fleece!
    Edited by: "aLV426" 1st Nov
  27. Avatar
    Author
    hotshot01/11/2021 22:47

No harm people but why on earth would you think you're getting something …No harm people but why on earth would you think you're getting something that is regularly out of stock and even sells for more than is RRP for a fraction of the price ?????? the OP should know better than to post this crap lets see a receipt so your not winding everone up

45954202-Pq8nf.jpg
  28. Avatar
    dave_gilmore8101/11/2021 22:46

Fear not, eyes wide open

Don't kid yourself.

You know this is obviously a scam. Your trying to hide behind the "I'm curious to see what arrives, and see what the scam is". When in reality you are hoping that an Xbox arrives, which you know it's a high probability won't happen. But your willing to take the chance, just in case.

Nothing will arrive, as Amazon will cancel the order and delete the listing. That is how everyone of the God knows how many times this scam was tried on the ps5 pages. I lost count how many times it was posted on there. I would be surprised if this is first time this has been posted on the Xbox one. I will also be surprised if you are the first one to chance their arm with it.
  29. Avatar
    Author
    Deedie01/11/2021 22:51

Don't kid yourself.You know this is obviously a scam. Your trying to hide …Don't kid yourself.You know this is obviously a scam. Your trying to hide behind the "I'm curious to see what arrives, and see what the scam is". When in reality you are hoping that an Xbox arrives, which you know it's a high probability won't happen. But your willing to take the chance, just in case.Nothing will arrive, as Amazon will cancel the order and delete the listing. That is how everyone of the God knows how many times this scam was tried on the ps5 pages. I lost count how many times it was posted on there. I would be surprised if this is first time this has been posted on the Xbox one. I will also be surprised if you are the first one to chance their arm with it.

Maybe, but curiosity where there's little to no risk is a bit of fun. If I end up with nothing more than a refund, I can live with that.
  30. Avatar
    dave_gilmore8101/11/2021 22:57

Maybe, but curiosity where there's little to no risk is a bit of fun. If I …Maybe, but curiosity where there's little to no risk is a bit of fun. If I end up with nothing more than a refund, I can live with that.

A fool and his money as they say.

Might not be so lucky with the next scam you decide to be curious about.

You want to buy a bridge?
  31. Avatar
    aLV42601/11/2021 22:51

Why do Amazon and Microsoft need to stop this kind of thing? I fail to …Why do Amazon and Microsoft need to stop this kind of thing? I fail to understand this reviewers logic? It's a recently released console that has a RRP of over £400, really are people that stupid to think they can get it for £100? Seriously? I guess this is why scammers exist as there are always sheep to fleece!

“Why do Amazon and Microsoft need to stop this kind of thing” Because if I go to Asda for a bag of potatoes and find carrots inside they need to be informed of incorrect products
  32. Avatar
    Tipsygypsy01/11/2021 23:03

“Why do Amazon and Microsoft need to stop this kind of thing” Because if I …“Why do Amazon and Microsoft need to stop this kind of thing” Because if I go to Asda for a bag of potatoes and find carrots inside they need to be informed of incorrect products

Bit like comparing apples and oranges dont you think ?
  33. Avatar
    Author
    Deedie01/11/2021 22:59

A fool and his money as they say. Might not be so lucky with the next scam …A fool and his money as they say. Might not be so lucky with the next scam you decide to be curious about.You want to buy a bridge?

Love to, but my cash is tied up in carbon credits at the moment, promised a big payout soon, so maybe talk then?
  34. Avatar
    You've also gifted the scammer your full contact details.
  35. Avatar
    Author
    HappyShopper01/11/2021 23:47

You've also gifted the scammer your full contact details.

Nothing more than what you could get from a phone book
  36. Avatar
    I can’t wait to see what you get! 😃 I’m excited for you. One of my favourite things is ordering stuff with a long dispatch date and then by the time I receive it I’ve forgotten what I’ve ordered, it’s like getting a present
  37. Avatar
    Author
    I've done a bit more digging.
    The tracking number is indeed fake. The invoice claims to be from an accountancy company in Northampton. I've contacted the owner who's at her wits end, being bombarded with phonecalls from angry Amazon customers.
    I took the liberty of contacting the fraudster with a fake IP grabbing link, helpfully he clicked on it and his iPhone is showing in Los Angeles, although his timezone is GMT so likely using a VPN. His ISP is Digital Energy Technologies which is a well known fraud facilitator.
    I'm going to try to get Amazon to remove and block further postings, but it I could ask as many people as possible to report this account as fraudulent, it may force Amazon to act a little quicker.
  38. Avatar
    This happened with ps5 listings last November. Amazon will just refund the purchases.
  39. Avatar
    Hes got your details so he can use them in a scam if he wants. It will takes days to get a refund as Amazon staff will act so slowly.

Not even worth taking a punt.
  40. Avatar
    45958382-x0nAK.jpgOrdered then cancelled order to make Amazon aware that the seller is not legitimate no money taken from account I fought the law and the law won
Post a comment
Top Merchants