Xbox Series X with no exclusives for 1st year

Posted 12th Jan
Hearing the news about the Xbox Series X having no launch exclusives, does that put you off buying one? I understand that MS want you playing their games regardless of whether it's on an Xbox one or Series X but IMO software sells systems and knowing there won't be any exclusives for a year doesn't sell the Series X to me. I'll be getting a PS5 first but if they did the same thing then I'd stick with the PS4.

What are you thoughts?
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

33 Comments
your right IPs sell not teraflops.
I don't know if there will be any launch PS5 games yet that won't be available of PS4 as well, so not really that bothered. It would have likely been a year before I bought either of them anyway (my PS4 is criminally underused and my XBox backlog is huge thanks to Games Pass).

There will be a huge performance difference between the two though, so if there's cross generation / platform play on some games (shooters, Rocket League etc) you're going to have a huge advantage on a next gen machine.
Xbox gives way more value. Ps have some great exclusives. But that's it. 3 or 4 great games a year is not enough for me to want a ps. I'll stick with xbox.

Also isn't halo a release game on xbox?.
Edited by: "B0ne5" 12th Jan
I don’t play games frequently enough to justify buying into both consoles, I’m far more invested in the PlayStation and will likely pick up the PS5 only. Thinking about the games I’ve enjoyed the most, they are by and large PS exclusives
I thought the new halo was releasing with series x?
It's still worth it because current generation consoles can't push more than 30fps on 95% of games and if you care about performance like 60fps then get new console
I can't honestly remember the last console exclusive I bought, it's usually cross platform games that I buy. I personally find games released at launch kind of rushed so it's no big deal. Plus the fact I'll give my Xbox x another of couple of years, then I'll probably time it right for the jump to the new generation. I wouldn't let the exclusive side of things put me off whether it was Xbox or playstation.
masse0112/01/2020 11:05

your right IPs sell not teraflops.

Love how the beginning of this gen PlayStation fanboys wouldn't shut up about having the power advantage over Xbox One. Microsoft then releases the Xbox One X and those same fanboys are suddenly like "power doesn't matter, it is about the games!"

Microsoft then grows Xbox Game Studios to produce a bigger output of games than Sony and the PlayStation fanboys are suddenly like "it doesn't matter about how many games, I have heard rumours PS5 is going to be more powerful than the new Xbox, power is all that matters!"

Rumours about Xbox Series X being 3 teraflops more powerful than the PS5 are confirmed by insiders and the PlayStation fanboys go into meltdown "it is not about the power and the teraflops, it is about...? Oh s**t!"

It has been hilarious watching the Sony fanboys constantly end up with egg on their face and this coming from someone that owns and enjoys the PS4 Pro!
I’ll end up with both but I’ll buy the one first with the games I want to play most. If I can play the games on Xbox1 I’ll end up with ps5 as cant see them not having exclusives. It is only a rumour at this point. Sounds a terrible idea but they botched the xb1 launch massively and looks like they haven’t learnt. This and the fully BC rumours with ps5 it looks like Sony could start strong.
joanddan712/01/2020 16:28

I’ll end up with both but I’ll buy the one first with the games I want to p …I’ll end up with both but I’ll buy the one first with the games I want to play most. If I can play the games on Xbox1 I’ll end up with ps5 as cant see them not having exclusives. It is only a rumour at this point. Sounds a terrible idea but they botched the xb1 launch massively and looks like they haven’t learnt. This and the fully BC rumours with ps5 it looks like Sony could start strong.

The recent rumours are that PS5 will only be backwards compatible with PS4. At the recent CES 2020 where Jim Ryan showed off the PS5 logo and the hardware features, there was no mention of it being backwards compatible. Jim Ryan who is the new president and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment previously mentioned...

"“When we’ve dabbled with backwards compatibility, I can say it is one of those features that is much requested, but not actually used much."

“That, and I was at a Gran Turismo event recently where they had PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 games, and the PS1 and the PS2 games, they looked ancient, like why would anybody play this?”
joanddan712/01/2020 16:28

I’ll end up with both but I’ll buy the one first with the games I want to p …I’ll end up with both but I’ll buy the one first with the games I want to play most. If I can play the games on Xbox1 I’ll end up with ps5 as cant see them not having exclusives. It is only a rumour at this point. Sounds a terrible idea but they botched the xb1 launch massively and looks like they haven’t learnt. This and the fully BC rumours with ps5 it looks like Sony could start strong.

Also what is wrong with cross-gen games When you look back to the beginning of the current gen the likes of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Dying Light, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, The Evil Within, Thief, Titanfall, Watch Dogs and Wolfenstein: The New Order were on both the Xbox One and 360.

People upgrade their PC all the time for the games to run and look better. This should be the same for upgrading your console. It would be anti-consumer if someone that recently just purchased the the Xbox One X can't get to play Halo Infinite and Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II because they make it exclusive to the Xbox Series X.
.Yoshi.12/01/2020 18:01

Also what is wrong with cross-gen games When you look back to …Also what is wrong with cross-gen games When you look back to the beginning of the current gen the likes of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Dying Light, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, The Evil Within, Thief, Titanfall, Watch Dogs and Wolfenstein: The New Order were on both the Xbox One and 360.People upgrade their PC all the time for the games to run and look better. This should be the same for upgrading your console. It would be anti-consumer if someone that recently just purchased the the Xbox One X can't get to play Halo Infinite and Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II because they make it exclusive to the Xbox Series X.

I don’t disagree but I’m not gonna buy a new console at launch price to play games I can already play and I’m sure I’m not alone. graphic enhancements won’t be enough to get me to spend what £500 quid? When it gets some exclusives... I’ll be on board.

if one launches with good exclusives it’s for me it’ll be the draw and BC Is important to me. Again it’s all speculation at this point.

I think it’s a “we will see” at the moment....

for many exclusives aren’t a big draw the Sony uk sales last year I think only one exclusive got in top ten - the zombie thing.... you’d have thought more would sell but people love the big multi plats. As do I - but if they are on both I’ve got to have something to help me decide...

I own switch, ps4 and Xbox1 - so if I’m gonna get one it’s gotta be based on something...

1- exclusives
2- price
3- BC

Not sure I can base it on much else?

I certainly won’t base it on some loyalty to a brand.

From the info and rumours - Sony is edging it so far - but they have plenty of time to ruin that. Ha.
I personally don't think MS really should release another console, but if they do they should focus more on the PC/Console crossover, especially considering Game Pass ultimate is a thing. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if the Series X is just a windows 10 machine rather than a 'console'.

I probably won't be jumping on next gen so soon to be honest, My PS4Pro is pretty much a media streaming device (although I do want to play Spiderman at some point lol), my Xbone gets played now and again depending on the new additions to gamepass/gold (Just bought the Witcher 3 for £11 during the sale which I need to start) - my Switch probably gets the most use out of the 3 consoles and my PC above everything.
dbizal12/01/2020 20:19

I personally don't think MS really should release another console

What an absolute toxic fanboy thing to say It is comments like this that have given the PlayStation fanboys such a bad reputation in the gaming community!
.Yoshi.12/01/2020 20:59

What an absolute toxic fanboy thing to say It is comments like this …What an absolute toxic fanboy thing to say It is comments like this that have given the PlayStation fanboys such a bad reputation in the gaming community!

Did you read the rest of the comment? lol.

Stop being a fool.
dbizal12/01/2020 21:01

Did you read the rest of the comment? lol. Stop being a fool.

Can you imagine how outraged many would be if someone was to say Sony shouldn't release another console
.Yoshi.12/01/2020 15:53

Love how the beginning of this gen PlayStation fanboys wouldn't shut up …Love how the beginning of this gen PlayStation fanboys wouldn't shut up about having the power advantage over Xbox One. Microsoft then releases the Xbox One X and those same fanboys are suddenly like "power doesn't matter, it is about the games!"Microsoft then grows Xbox Game Studios to produce a bigger output of games than Sony and the PlayStation fanboys are suddenly like "it doesn't matter about how many games, I have heard rumours PS5 is going to be more powerful than the new Xbox, power is all that matters!"Rumours about Xbox Series X being 3 teraflops more powerful than the PS5 are confirmed by insiders and the PlayStation fanboys go into meltdown "it is not about the power and the teraflops, it is about...? Oh s**t!"It has been hilarious watching the Sony fanboys constantly end up with egg on their face and this coming from someone that owns and enjoys the PS4 Pro!

Wrong, at the beginning of the gen it was power, price and exclusives that PlayStation had over Xbox. Now it’s just the latter two but VR has also entered the game since then.

I don’t know what you’re reading the rest of that utter nonsense but the secret sauce is the best balance overall, not one single attribute.
.Yoshi.12/01/2020 21:05

Can you imagine how outraged many would be if someone was to say Sony …Can you imagine how outraged many would be if someone was to say Sony shouldn't release another console

Not at all, stop overreacting.
PhilKelix212/01/2020 21:05

Wrong, at the beginning of the gen it was power, price and exclusives that …Wrong, at the beginning of the gen it was power, price and exclusives that PlayStation had over Xbox. Now it’s just the latter two but VR has also entered the game since then.I don’t know what you’re reading the rest of that utter nonsense but the secret sauce is the best balance overall, not one single attribute.

It's funny they go on about being a PS fanboy, when the only one acting like a fanboy is them... lol.
PhilKelix212/01/2020 21:05

Wrong, at the beginning of the gen it was power, price and exclusives that …Wrong, at the beginning of the gen it was power, price and exclusives that PlayStation had over Xbox. Now it’s just the latter two but VR has also entered the game since then.I don’t know what you’re reading the rest of that utter nonsense but the secret sauce is the best balance overall, not one single attribute.

Power - Xbox Series X
Price - Project Lockhart and xCloud
Exclusives - Xbox Game Studios

People like to go on about VR but very few are actually buying it. Sony even came out a couple of years ago and said how disappointed they are with the sales of VR.

dbizal12/01/2020 21:09

It's funny they go on about being a PS fanboy, when the only one acting …It's funny they go on about being a PS fanboy, when the only one acting like a fanboy is them... lol.

Years of toxic behaviour by PlayStation fanboys and trolls have given me a zero tolerance approach when it comes to dealing with them.
.Yoshi.12/01/2020 21:19

Power - Xbox Series XPrice - Project Lockhart and xCloudExclusives - Xbox …Power - Xbox Series XPrice - Project Lockhart and xCloudExclusives - Xbox Game Studios People like to go on about VR but very few are actually buying it. Sony even came out a couple of years ago and said how disappointed they are with the sales of VR.Years of toxic behaviour by PlayStation fanboys and trolls have given me a zero tolerance approach when it comes to dealing with them.

Meh, they’ve just announced PSVR has sold 5m units and will continue into PS5. Still, regardless of how many they have sold, it is a clear and strong bullet point over XB. I’m at the point where I wouldn’t buy a console without it.
Yoshi, you're the only one actually like a kid/being toxic here mate I'm afraid.

I gave my opinion, and it makes sense if you actually take those MS glasses off. Consoles are slowly becoming more and more like PCs every gen... the new gen looks even moreso like a PC. With Windows 10 being the way it is, and with access to gamepass/gold across both platforms it would be incredible... So why not just release a standard PC box which is affordable to the masses and then give the consumers the choice between buying a premade Xbox (PC) for kids like you who cannot build a PC or a standard PC of which us adults can build? I mean if anyone is/can do that it is Microsoft.

Regarding the PS5 I'm not really interested, especially on release. But that could easily change depending on the Exclusive games they show off. But I will probably wait a year or so before I get one.

Regarding the lack of exclusives on the nextbox... Well that's pretty lame. I wish they didn't ditch Scalebound as that was one of my most anticipated MS games as I cannot stand Halo, Gears etc. I mean you cannot just buy up all these companies and not do anything with them...? Surely?

Claiming I'm a PS fanboy with no actual substance is hilarious though. Especially when I pretty much said my PS4Pro is a stream device.

Honestly mate if we are going to have an adult conversation you will need to start acting like one rather than an MS fanboy.
PhilKelix212/01/2020 21:24

Meh, they’ve just announced PSVR has sold 5m units and will continue into P …Meh, they’ve just announced PSVR has sold 5m units and will continue into PS5. Still, regardless of how many they have sold, it is a clear and strong bullet point over XB. I’m at the point where I wouldn’t buy a console without it.

According to USGamer by September 2018 the PlayStation Vita had sold 16 million and it was considered a failure in terms of sales. PSVR selling 5 million is nothing to shout about and I can see Sony phasing it out if it doesn't take off in the next few years. The only VR game that has caused any excitement is the upcoming Half-Life: Alyx and it is currently not planned for PSVR.

Don't get me wrong as I really want to see VR succeed but when you read about people's experiences with it, they think it is cool for a week but then either sell it or it gathers dust very rarely used. I think Microsoft are playing it safe after what happened with the Kinect. They are 100% focused on being the best games console and not getting distracted by any current fads this time around.
.Yoshi.12/01/2020 22:06

According to USGamer by September 2018 the PlayStation Vita had sold 16 …According to USGamer by September 2018 the PlayStation Vita had sold 16 million and it was considered a failure in terms of sales. PSVR selling 5 million is nothing to shout about and I can see Sony phasing it out if it doesn't take off in the next few years. The only VR game that has caused any excitement is the upcoming Half-Life: Alyx and it is currently not planned for PSVR.Don't get me wrong as I really want to see VR succeed but when you read about people's experiences with it, they think it is cool for a week but then either sell it or it gathers dust very rarely used. I think Microsoft are playing it safe after what happened with the Kinect. They are 100% focused on being the best games console and not getting distracted by any current fads this time around.

Vita was a console, PSVR is an accessory. A console without VR can’t be considered “the best games console” by any stretch of the word, especially in 2020 going forward.

IMO it’s more of a risk omitting it than including it, so I wouldn’t say they are playing it safe either.
dbizal12/01/2020 21:30

give the consumers the choice between buying a premade Xbox (PC) for kids …give the consumers the choice between buying a premade Xbox (PC) for kids like you who cannot build a PC or a standard PC of which us adults can build?

I have lost any respect for you at this point. I have been gaming since the 80's and most likely older than you. Not only do I have a gaming PC and buy from Humble Bundle every month but I also claim any free PC deals and enter the game codes giveaway run every week by Illusionary.

You then go on to talk about having an adult conversation after all the childish BS you have come out with?!
.Yoshi.12/01/2020 22:27

I have lost any respect for you at this point. I have been gaming since …I have lost any respect for you at this point. I have been gaming since the 80's and most likely older than you. Not only do I have a gaming PC and buy from Humble Bundle every month but I also claim any free PC deals and enter the game codes giveaway run every week by Illusionary.You then go on to talk about having an adult conversation after all the childish BS you have come out with?!

“I’m older than you are, grow up child”

is the most childish thing you could have possibly said. What are you going to come out with next, my dads bigger than your dad?
Edited by: "PhilKelix2" 12th Jan
PhilKelix212/01/2020 22:31

“I’m older than you are, grow up child”is the most childish thing you could …“I’m older than you are, grow up child”is the most childish thing you could have possibly said

I am beginning to suspect you and dbizal are the same person which is not allowed on hukd.
.Yoshi.12/01/2020 22:37

I am beginning to suspect you and dbizal are the same person which is not …I am beginning to suspect you and dbizal are the same person which is not allowed on hukd.

You can suspect all you like and you’d still be wrong.
.Yoshi.12/01/2020 22:37

I am beginning to suspect you and dbizal are the same person which is not …I am beginning to suspect you and dbizal are the same person which is not allowed on hukd.

Nope. Although the only person liking your comments is a dummy account with nothing but a thread about.... Microsoft lol.
Couldn't make it up.

Anyway, i'm off to bed now. Got work in the morning.
Edited by: "dbizal" 12th Jan
could be up to 2 years...always had an xbox but seriously considering switching to PS5 at launch and not looking back.
.Yoshi.12/01/2020 22:27

I have lost any respect for you at this point. I have been gaming since …I have lost any respect for you at this point. I have been gaming since the 80's and most likely older than you. Not only do I have a gaming PC and buy from Humble Bundle every month but I also claim any free PC deals and enter the game codes giveaway run every week by Illusionary.You then go on to talk about having an adult conversation after all the childish BS you have come out with?!

To be honest I don't care about your respect for me lol. For someone supposedly older you're acting like a fanboy MS kid.

I buy all consoles because I can afford to... however I only buy consoles for exclusive games. The only reason I bought an Xbone is due to gamepass ultimate being incredible value for money and gives me the option to try their (lack of) exclusives and some multiplatform games I wouldn't normally try. I wish PS would do a similar kinda thing to be honest.

I buy playstation consoles due to the exclusives... and that's the same as the switch (which I also love the portability of).

Honestly though... take off those MS glasses as you are only seeing the negatives I am posting against MS rather than the positives.

Have a lovely day.
I decided when I got the Xbox one that this would be the last for me,sick of the crap games on Xbox,time to go back to PlayStation.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions