Groups

Xbox Speakers (through HDMI connection) help!

Hello,

I was hoping someone out there could help me.

I am getting an xbox for Christmas and will be running it through a monitor (with no speakers) using the Microsoft HDMI cable. I have given it a quick go and picture works fine. My problem is with the sound.

The Microsoft connector has two jack sockets (L & R) which I presume is for surround sound... can some one suggest a cheap decent set of surround sound speakers that would work with this - looking for a pretty basic set so looking to spend around £20. £30 max!

Can someone also advise me how to connect these to the xbox using the jack sockets? Don't most speakers some with wires which clamp?

Any help appreciated!

11 Comments

For surround from the 360, you will be looking to spend at least £100.

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;3781393

For surround from the 360, you will be looking to spend at least £100.

Ok, just speakers then... anything to get sound from the xbox to my ears!

andyat2002;3781417

Ok, just speakers then... anything to get sound from the xbox to my ears!

Do you not have a hifi system nearby? or even pc speakers will work if you have the right adapters.

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;3781574

Do you not have a hifi system nearby? or even pc speakers will work if … Do you not have a hifi system nearby? or even pc speakers will work if you have the right adapters.

I think its the adaptors that I need... which ones would I require?

The depending on your setup, a phono to 3.5mm lead and a 3.5mm gender changer should do the trick.

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;3781716

The depending on your setup, a phono to 3.5mm lead and a 3.5mm gender … The depending on your setup, a phono to 3.5mm lead and a 3.5mm gender changer should do the trick.

Sorry for sounding dense... where can I get these from and what do they look like? Thank for you help btw.

You need to tell us exactly what you have already otherwise no-one can make an accurate recommendation. Do you have a hi-fi or audio system near the Xbox? If so does it have an aux-in with red/white phono plugs?

John

andyat2002;3781763

Sorry for sounding dense... where can I get these from and what do they … Sorry for sounding dense... where can I get these from and what do they look like? Thank for you help btw.

Looks like this
    http://img.systemaxdev.com/productmedia/htmlimages/cten/Cables/35497.jpg

or you might need one of these instead.
    http://i20.ebayimg.com/01/i/001/21/52/b98e_1_b.JPG

Original Poster

Johnmcl7;3781781

You need to tell us exactly what you have already otherwise no-one can … You need to tell us exactly what you have already otherwise no-one can make an accurate recommendation. Do you have a hi-fi or audio system near the Xbox? If so does it have an aux-in with red/white phono plugs?John

Hi John,

I have an hi-fi near the xbox which has the re/white phono plugs.

Goto maplin, they have great knowledge in connectors wiring etc. Prices not too bad either.
    For surround sound you would need to use the optical out connector on the xbox I think,
    forums.xbox-scene.com/ind…408

Sorry to hi-jack this thread but would anyone know why i get an irritating buzzing sound constantly on my setup?

Setup: red/white plugs going into analogue of a creative decoder that is 6.1 surround sound.

EDIT: Solved using that link above.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …98185
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846286
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?30119
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764508

See more discussions