Xbox Stream to Windows 10 Issue

Found 26th May
Hi all,

I can't seem to remote play on my PC from my Xbox One. I've tried everything.

I open the app on my PC and it doesn't find the console, so I enter my IP and it still isn't found?

The app on my phone finds the Xbox, so any ideas why my PC won't?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Firewall blocking it perhaps?
rev627 m ago

Firewall blocking it perhaps?

No it's allowed in there.
Could be a WiFi booster interfering. If one device (Xbox and phone) is connected to the booster and the other (PC) is connected directly to the router then it won't be discovered.
jamie0151 h, 48 m ago

Could be a WiFi booster interfering. If one device (Xbox and phone) is …Could be a WiFi booster interfering. If one device (Xbox and phone) is connected to the booster and the other (PC) is connected directly to the router then it won't be discovered.

I'm not using a booster. BT smart hub.

My PS4 connects no problem.
superfreddy21 m ago

I'm not using a booster. BT smart hub.My PS4 connects no problem.

You should contact MS support, they may be able to help. I mentioned the WiFi booster as I had the same issue and it was the booster causing interference
Try connecting both via Ethernet to the bt home hub, it'll allow you to rule out any wifi / connection issues. If it works you'll need to look at your set up and settings, if it doesn't try throwing one (just for the test) into a dmz. Ensure both devices are on the same network too. I have encountered issues with one device on the 5ghz range and the other 2.4ghz, although since then, that issue was resolved in a ms update. Everything updated - the pc, the xbox and the router? Any other issues with the internet in your home or are they all concrete? Just try think things through. Good luck

E. The xb1 dev team are trying to sort out the "weaker" wifi connection issues, the last few months of alpha / beta releases have included this. Basically you can't really compare the ps4 connection to the router with the xb1 , yet! :-)
Edited by: "chezybezy" 28th May
chezybezy10 h, 9 m ago

Try connecting both via Ethernet to the bt home hub, it'll allow you to …Try connecting both via Ethernet to the bt home hub, it'll allow you to rule out any wifi / connection issues. If it works you'll need to look at your set up and settings, if it doesn't try throwing one (just for the test) into a dmz. Ensure both devices are on the same network too. I have encountered issues with one device on the 5ghz range and the other 2.4ghz, although since then, that issue was resolved in a ms update. Everything updated - the pc, the xbox and the router? Any other issues with the internet in your home or are they all concrete? Just try think things through. Good luckE. The xb1 dev team are trying to sort out the "weaker" wifi connection issues, the last few months of alpha / beta releases have included this. Basically you can't really compare the ps4 connection to the router with the xb1 , yet! :-)

Yeah xbox support told me to split the networks, however I don't really want to do that as I like the fact I just have one network.

Everything is full up to date. I've only ever managed to connect to it once a few months ago, and even that was just by chance.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions