Groups

Xbox to iMac - HELP?!?

Can someone on here explain rather simply how to send the video feed from the xbox to the iMac 27 (the one with the display port input)???

Can't seem to get an answer off forums thats easy enough to understand - eurgh!

16 Comments

not sure from the xbox to the mac, but i use rivet to stream from mac to xbox, i have the 27" too

Original Poster

Sorry, doesnt answer what I'm looking for mate =///

Original Poster

skellysgirl

not sure from the xbox to the mac, but i use rivet to stream from mac to … not sure from the xbox to the mac, but i use rivet to stream from mac to xbox, i have the 27" too

This isn't a stream i'm on about - This is physically connecting the two to use the iMac as a glorified hdtv...

ah right no idea,
    you mean to actually play games on it?

thehitman

Here's one possible solution.Dr. Bott Digital Video LinkAlso this … Here's one possible solution.Dr. Bott Digital Video LinkAlso this one...Belkin AV360

Jee wizz, apple know how to rape there customers pockets.

Adam2050

Jee wizz, apple know how to rape there customers pockets.

.....and the first trolling post starts from this quote!

Original Poster

So there's no cheap way? Dayymn!!! :@

thehitman

Here's one possible solution.Dr. Bott Digital Video LinkAlso this … Here's one possible solution.Dr. Bott Digital Video LinkAlso this one...Belkin AV360

Wowzers! They're expensive, but I'm actually quite impressed that it's possible on this model.

We have a Mac graveyard at work, full of machines with amazing monitors but otherwise useless hardware. Nice to see that this model could at least be used for something else.

Original Poster

MBeeching

Wowzers! They're expensive, but I'm actually quite impressed that it's … Wowzers! They're expensive, but I'm actually quite impressed that it's possible on this model.We have a Mac graveyard at work, full of machines with amazing monitors but otherwise useless hardware. Nice to see that this model could at least be used for something else.

It's only the NEW 27 inch models that can...

tomwatts

It's only the NEW 27 inch models that can...

I'm aware of that. If we replaced the 24" machines at work we would have to go for the larger screens considering the only other option is 21.5".

Banned

MBeeching

Wowzers! They're expensive, but I'm actually quite impressed that it's … Wowzers! They're expensive, but I'm actually quite impressed that it's possible on this model.We have a Mac graveyard at work, full of machines with amazing monitors but otherwise useless hardware. Nice to see that this model could at least be used for something else.

You should get Applecare with all Macs, speak to your Apple reseller (or Apple themselves) regarding a discount for business purchases, too late now but it's really worth it.

master_chief

You should get Applecare with all Macs, speak to your Apple reseller (or … You should get Applecare with all Macs, speak to your Apple reseller (or Apple themselves) regarding a discount for business purchases, too late now but it's really worth it.

The hardware works, it's just useless for anything beyond casual web browsing
    It's just so sad seeing such fantastic quality screens being unused.

Banned

MBeeching

The hardware works, it's just useless for anything beyond casual web … The hardware works, it's just useless for anything beyond casual web browsing :pIt's just so sad seeing such fantastic quality screens being unused.

Ahh. Your staff not browse the web then?

master_chief

Ahh. Your staff not browse the web then?

There are only 3 of us in the store/office, yet 5 macs, 2 PCs and 2 laptops lol.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767216
      2. Nintendo Ships Every Switch With a Hidden NES Emulator35
      3. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927343
      4. love affairs79

See more discussions