Groups

Xbox transfer cable - anyone got one i could borrow

Looking to transfer datd between xbox's hard drives, i know you can send off for one but i've got no printer to print the form off and you can't apply online

12 Comments

Try to phone them although I think they're closed, I've got memory card ones?

Phone them up. Its a freephone number.

Original Poster

Met-Cast;6414441

Try to phone them although I think they're closed, I've got memory card … Try to phone them although I think they're closed, I've got memory card ones?

it's to transfer form 20gb to 120gb

Will they accept a request over the phone then?

not sure but if anybody has one can i borrow it after souljacker please i need to transfer some data from my cousins xbox to mine (games which i completed on his xbox not just general data lol)

Banned

are they free?

Ring 'em up tomorrow and find out.

dj_urban;6414511

are they free?

yeah but you need to have both serial numbers to give to microsoft and i really cba lol

i rang them and cause i didn't have evidence of buying the other Harddrive they didn't send me it so i got one from dealextreme bloody Mircosoft dodgy sods!

nitelighter;6414602

i rang them and cause i didn't have evidence of buying the other … i rang them and cause i didn't have evidence of buying the other Harddrive they didn't send me it so i got one from dealextreme bloody Mircosoft dodgy sods!

would you be kind enough to let us borrow it :whistling: lol

I got one free from Microsoft over the phone, I don't have an elite and it wasn't an issue.

Depends who you're speaking to, some just don't want to bother others don't know how.

abomination;6414666

I got one free from Microsoft over the phone, I don't have an elite and … I got one free from Microsoft over the phone, I don't have an elite and it wasn't an issue.Depends who you're speaking to, some just don't want to bother others don't know how.

or would you be kind enough lol

For anyone who wants to do a copy, the Instructions are on Microsoft Knowledgebase.

danny09;6414481

not sure but if anybody has one can i borrow it after souljacker please … not sure but if anybody has one can i borrow it after souljacker please i need to transfer some data from my cousins xbox to mine (games which i completed on his xbox not just general data lol)

You can't choose what to copy across - it is all or nothing. The source drive gets erased. See the bits I've highlighted from the link above:

You have the option to perform a one-time transfer of all content from … You have the option to perform a one-time transfer of all content from your existing Xbox 360 Hard Drive (source drive) to another Xbox 360 Hard Drive (destination drive)...When the transfer is complete, the destination drive will contain all transferable files from the source drive. This includes your saved games and Xbox LIVE downloads. Additionally, the destination drive will contain its preloaded content. The contents of the source drive will be erased.

If you want to transfer save games use an official memory card.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions