Groups

XBOX trouble!!!!!!!

Hi, this is quite random but here goes! My xbox 360 has 3 days warranty left and when i put a game in it displays open tray. After ejecting and restarting the console numerous times it works. If i take it back and it works at gamestation will they not exchange it? or have they got too?

9 Comments

Banned

sounds like the laser i think take it back and tell them, if its covered for 3 more days then its covered

Laser has gone, take back to the shop sharpe'ish!

Original Poster

yvonne1174;7720206

sounds like the laser i think take it back and tell them, if its covered … sounds like the laser i think take it back and tell them, if its covered for 3 more days then its covered

My luck it will work at the shop!!!:?

Banned

joeyjoe;7720224

My luck it will work at the shop!!!:?

just tell them its an intermittant (sorry for spelling) fault

Original Poster

yvonne1174;7720255

just tell them its an intermittant (sorry for spelling) fault

excuse me! Intermittent? will have to look that word up!:thinking:

SuperEd

joeyjoe;7720266

excuse me! Intermittent? will have to look that word up!:thinking:

doesnt happen all the time

I've had this before, The twirly track that moves the laser forwards and backwards gets built up with dirt/dust which prevents the laser moving up and down correctly, If your planning on opening it up, Give it a good clean, I've always used baby wipes and a needle in the past and it's always worked, PS2's are the worse for this problem, But I've fixed several Xbox 360's using the same method.

Plenty of guides on youtube for disassembly.

Original Poster

Thanks for the replys, will take it in tommorrow> Must remember Intermittent!

Original Poster

shauneco;7720339

I've had this before, The twirly track that moves the laser forwards and … I've had this before, The twirly track that moves the laser forwards and backwards gets built up with dirt/dust which prevents the laser moving up and down correctly, If your planning on opening it up, Give it a good clean, I've always used baby wipes and a needle in the past and it's always worked, PS2's are the worse for this problem, But I've fixed several Xbox 360's using the same method.Plenty of guides on youtube for disassembly.

Will try that if they play silly beggars at gamestation, though i have never had a problem with them.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you use a case on your iPhone?44
      2. Virgin Media TV56
      3. Tooth extraction99
      4. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?611

See more discussions