Groups

XBOX Wireless adapter deals from MS? (free?)

Probably a load of old codgers donkey nuts but i recall a work m8 mentioning that MS were giving away the wireless adapter for, wait for it....FREE!? makes me chuckle to even suggest MS giving summit away for zilch but hey no harm in asking on here

So is it true or a load of old frog poop?

cheers!

26 Comments

Cannot see it myself. I may be wrong though.

What they should do is to update the dev instance and hardware id's and allow all the cheap usb wireless to now work instead of blocking them

load of frog spawn me old china whacker

Paddy_o_furniture;3972524

You all missed it? I got one … You all missed it? I got one ]hotukdeals.com/item/211248/free-xbox-wireless-adapter/

Thats so 2008

Banned

Paddy_o_furniture;3972524

You all missed it? I got one … You all missed it? I got one ]hotukdeals.com/item/211248/free-xbox-wireless-adapter/

fail

dontasciime;3972546

Thats so 2008

I was bored and where only 6 days into 09, so I reckon 28 days grace

Paddy_o_furniture;3972560

I was bored and where only 6 days into 09, so I reckon 28 days grace

Let you off then ;-) If you got to Northumberland Street tomorrow and pretend to throw a Gregs corned beef pasty in anger whilst singing never gonna give you up at anyone that looks like Astley.

phone them up, say your existing one isnt working, they send you a new one.

dontasciime;3972568

Let you off then ;-) If you got to Northumberland Street tomorrow and … Let you off then ;-) If you got to Northumberland Street tomorrow and throw a Gregs corned beef pasty in anger at anyone that looks like Astley.

OK done, my day off so I'm going up to town to spend some cash. Does it have to be corned beef

Paddy_o_furniture;3972612

OK done, my day off so I'm going up to town to spend some cash. Does it … OK done, my day off so I'm going up to town to spend some cash. Does it have to be corned beef

Could be a hot snork

Whats a snork?

Sausage roll

dontasciime;3972654

Sausage roll

never heard that before

Paddy_o_furniture;3972664

never heard that before

Or use a picost

dontasciime;3972683

Or use a picost

Your talking foriegn to me

Paddy_o_furniture;3972704

Your talking foriegn to me

lol

deathtrap3000;3972601

phone them up, say your existing one isnt working, they send you a new … phone them up, say your existing one isnt working, they send you a new one.

Do you not need proof of purchase ? or have to send the one you don't really own to them ? or give them a serial number/part code ? What if they ask for Mac address ?

Original Poster

Hey i might try that as i phoned them a while ago when my wireless controller went on the blink and they sent a new one out. Thye didn't want the old one back which is good cos i had forgot to sync it up on the 360 hehe ;/

I heard this was true as well.

Original Poster

Went on youtube and was gonna check out stuff on it before i phoned them and noticed that there are alot of people with guides on how to connect the 360 up to a wireless router from your pc (meaning you don't need the MS adapter!).

Anyone tried this? vids were a bit messy.

aphex187;3974276

Went on youtube and was gonna check out stuff on it before i phoned them … Went on youtube and was gonna check out stuff on it before i phoned them and noticed that there are alot of people with guides on how to connect the 360 up to a wireless router from your pc (meaning you don't need the MS adapter!).Anyone tried this? vids were a bit messy.

thought this was common knowledge now. Its been around for a long time.
    Internet connection sharing is what its called, and it works.

Original Poster

Haha thx for putting me right, god i love the net! trouble is i only got the 360 at xmas for the bairn and haven't even looked into this. Common knowledge for Desktop/laptop's but for the 360 i didn't know it could be done with out the adapter.

Ill leave you rep sometime because let's face it your bloody brilliant aren't you.....

Yeh it's called bridging connections or something

Original Poster

Yeah i know about PC sharing connections and what not but didn't click on with the 360, and i was being facetious because deathtrap was being a smart ass.

aphex187;3978586

Yeah i know about PC sharing connections and what not but didn't click on … Yeah i know about PC sharing connections and what not but didn't click on with the 360, and i was being facetious because deathtrap was being a smart ass.

support.xbox.com/sup…spx

Original Poster

Yeah cheers, im thinking you don't need a cable once you set it up! bloody hell my brains frazzled as ive already thought of this before! Need to go lay down......
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1219
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?2487
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1117
      4. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?917

See more discussions