Expired

xbox-XBMC

Found 15th Aug 2007
hi i want to know if ihave a xbox with xbmc and a hard drive-can i put avi files on the hard drive and watch like that?

number 2: how do i put my own hard drive in is it easy?

97 Comments

]Here

Installing a bigger drive is easy, I used Evox to self install everything required after swapping disc.

You might have to use an IRC channel to download the Evox image though but the above link tells you all you need to know.

Not sure about avi files but the Wii plays them straight off the sd card slot perfectly if you've got one.
You could use Xvid to convert any video then play those on the Xbox?

xbmc can play it direct
all you need to do is to put it in any folder which is easy for you to find and browse with xbmc
you can also share a folder from your pc, and easily browse using xbmc, I personally put shortcuts to my network folders
all these are explained in xbmc wiki

Original Poster

where can i place the files?
can i place them in my videos?

Original Poster

badactor-your link takes me to xboxscene.com do u have a tutorial for what i am looking for specifically?
the actual xbox is already softmodded just want to use the 80 gig and place it

I personally used some slightly different tools to unlock the hard drive.

Firstly, I used ConfigMagic to get the XBOX hard drive unlock key and also gain a copy of the eeprom.

Using the eeprom file, I generated a key for the new hard disk, which I then locked that with.

I don't know about the eVox method, but if it works it sounds a WHOLE lot easier

Have a look here:

forums.xbox-scene.com

There is a XBMC forum there, along with many other softmod / explot forums.

Stu

Original Poster

lol im stuck!
do u have a actual link to get to where i need plz?!
its already soft modded not sure which version but how do i unlock using evox method?

Roadie

I'm afraid you are going to have to work your way through the guides in my link.
There isn't a straight answer to the question concerning your soft modded Xbox.

I must admit, I hard modded two Xboxes with the Xecuter chip a couple of years ago and both occasions I think I was just lucky I did not fry them or brick them.

I spent hours reading up on it from the internet before I attempted anything, not sure if the soft mod makes it any easier or is compatible with Evox.
With Slayers Evox you just swap the drive over, flash the mod chip bios then boot up on the Evox dvd. Make a few selections on the menu then it sets up and partitions everything automatically installing all the tools including XBMC.

Evox might not work with soft mod Xboxes and it's quite dated now so you would need to install a newer version of XBMC over the top in any case.

All the info is there, just a case of finding the right info for your particular case.

Good luck.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

thanks mate!
i am waiting for moonie i need to know ho to make a usb cable!

Here's the Slayers Evox site, might find some answers there?
]
Evox

Ooops scratch that, no softmod support according to the forums

Original Poster

il have a look but theres some rep added!

roadie

thanks mate!i am waiting for moonie i need to know ho to make a usb cable!

have you got the extension lead now with the female usb end on it??

if you have.

cut the other end off leaving the female usb ( the bit your pen fits into) and some wire. peel back the wire to reveal the seperate wires inside.

then get the end of a controller that you wil use, the part that plugs into the actual xbox. again cut of part of the other end and peel back to show the wires.

then basically peel back the casing on each and join the wires from each, they both have the same coulored wires, so red goes to red black goes to black white-white green to green. there is a fifth couloured one but you can leave that one.

let me know when you get to this stage and il talk you though the next part, formating the pen etc.

Original Poster

peel back the wire to reveal the seperate wires inside.
how do i do this?!

Original Poster

then get the end of a controller that you wil use, the part that plugs into the actual xbox. again cut of part of the other end and peel back to show the wires.?

i have the old xbox pads, it comes with a extension usb is that what i need to cut

Original Poster

ps ive added u on msn!

roadie

peel back the wire to reveal the seperate wires inside. how do i do this?!

you never changed a plug before? ? lol

use a knife, pliers, etc, make a small nic, peel back the plastic coating to reveal the 5 seperate wires.

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/499/dscf0385nw5.th.jpg

the end of a controller.

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/6308/dscf0386dd8.th.jpg

the wires striped back and joined to the cable

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/5395/dscf0387lt0.th.jpg

the end outcome ( mines not pretty but it does the job perfect)

Original Poster

lol not changed a plug yet!

Original Poster

yep got the extension usb cable for the xbox `

Original Poster

cool il try doin that and give u a shout!
il be back later thanks mate

Original Poster

hi moonie u therE?!!

Original Poster

ive cut both wires etc, now in order for me to join the wires, should i peel back the wires so the cable is exposed?

yes. and wind the wire together from both so its joined.

Original Poster

ok then do i need to put sellotape?

Original Poster

the wires has been exposed, so i can see like a greyish speaker cable type thing thats right?!

yea tape them together, electrical tape be better though, but selotape wil do i guess..

yes that right, wind the wire together from the matching colours

Original Poster

il try finding some elec tape!

ive just emailed you the other files you wil need.

think you should have them all now, its been a while since i did it as i left my files on my usb pen so i just plug it in and do now.

]http//fo…740

there is a tut for step by step instructions on what to do.

just shout though if you get stuck somewhere..

Original Poster

lol!
im still trying to stick the wires together its taking ages!
do i actually need to tape them or would i be ok in just winding em up?!

just wind them together then stick the tape over the end so they dont touch each other

Original Poster

lol done that now are we on for next step>?

Original Poster

do i need usb view for linux or xp

i sent you the usb view today

Original Poster

cool now im on here:
.1: Find your gamesave exploit of your choice and unzip it. You should have two folders: the actual gamesave exploit that makes the xbox crash, and the Evolution X folder, or raincoat BIOS flasher folder, (if you're doing a TSOP flash), or the UDE intaller if your using the ltools UDE installer. I will show you ldot's ltools UDE/2 installer for Splinter Cell (because i use it). The same basic method applies, except the file and folder names may be different:

Original Poster

whats this?!

[SIZE=2]thats in the other file i sent you, nduires package. what game do you have to do the exploit? splinter cel i think you have said previosly[/SIZE]

Original Poster

yeh i have splinter cell
but i have no idea what to do
ive done the usb as action replay

right, if you have did all the stuf with the pen, formated it, use usbview to change the numbers etc. you now need to put the files onto the pen.

using action replay you put the files on to the pen.

of top of my head its 2 files, one is the game save the other the exploit.

Original Poster

oh right ok erm...
do i not need to open xbins?

roadie

oh right ok erm...do i not need to open xbins?

isnt xbins the irc place with the files, you should have all the files all reaady as i sent you them so shouldnt need xbins.

Original Poster

Oh right im kinda stuck now!
i dont know what im doing!
do u have msn?
Post a comment
@
    Text