Groups

Xbox - XBMC - Help

Hi there, i wonder if anyone could help me.
    I have recently brought an original xbox to try and put xbmx on it.

At the moment i have the splinter cell game needed and a "FAT32" usb memory stick.
    Am i right in thinking the only the other thing i will need is a usb converter lead thing?

I am looking at ebay and item number 360182773631 would this do the trick in transferring files from my usb stick?

thanks in advance

18 Comments

Not sure about doing it that way, i did it using Action replay, was real easy.

Sure somebody would be able to help though

That ought to work.

I also used the Action Replay kit, but accidentally formatted the xbox memory card :oops: so ended up using the usb-technique, even though I was actually using the xbox card.

Am definitely not an expert though, so hopefully someone else will also confirm this is what you need - or correct me if I've got it wrong!!

The other thing you need is the softmod/hacked splinter cell save software

You know you need to soft mod it then put XBMC on right, they are seperate tasks.

I used Splinter Cell and Action Replay to soft-mod it. Then used AID to install XBMC

Also, if you want XBMC as your main dash you have to do the .XBE shortcut from within your C directory.

Original Poster

Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Think i need to get the action replay aswell then. is ebay the best place for this?

Original Poster

dcx_badass;6105786

Nope the software is free, just download it from there site. Then just … Nope the software is free, just download it from there site. Then just mod the drivers for your usb stick.

ah right cool, nice one thanks. will give it a try soon :thumbsup:

Mallinersha;6105343

Also, if you want XBMC as your main dash you have to do the .XBE shortcut … Also, if you want XBMC as your main dash you have to do the .XBE shortcut from within your C directory.

Actually you just need to create E:\ DASH and put the xbmc files inside or whatever default dash you want to use

Original Poster

damn i am stuck.

i have changed the usb stick to work with action replay using the action replay drivers.

but when i open the action replay it doesnt show the mem card, it has an error on the action replay system tray icon saying "usb failed to enumerate" anyone else have this error, or any solutions. I have searched google but cant really find anything.

I think maybe i need a better usb stick, as the one im using just came free from the PKR poker site :-D it doesnt have a manufacturer or anything to check if its on the compatiable usb's though :?

this is what is used: techfreaks.org/art…tml

i have the mem card with the save games on, you can borrow if you send it me back - lol

Original Poster

andrpro;6142575

this is what is used: http://www.techfreaks.org/articles/modxbox.shtmli … this is what is used: http://www.techfreaks.org/articles/modxbox.shtmli have the mem card with the save games on, you can borrow if you send it me back - lol

thanks mate, will try to buy another memory stick this weekend. if it doesnt work i may take you up on that offer :thumbsup:

Original Poster

andrpro;6142575

this is what is used: http://www.techfreaks.org/articles/modxbox.shtmli … this is what is used: http://www.techfreaks.org/articles/modxbox.shtmli have the mem card with the save games on, you can borrow if you send it me back - lol

don't suupose i could ask you to send me that mem card. as i've tried another usb stick and still can't get it to work :oops:

foxxes;6197537

don't suupose i could ask you to send me that mem card. as i've tried … don't suupose i could ask you to send me that mem card. as i've tried another usb stick and still can't get it to work :oops:

yea send me your address, i'll dig it out. wil try and post as soon as i can

Banned

You need to look up changing the driver inf file which tells your computer what your memory card is called. When done correctly you can use your or any memory card with action replay.

Then manual install the driver again.

Original Poster

lumoruk;6202445

You need to look up changing the driver inf file which tells your … You need to look up changing the driver inf file which tells your computer what your memory card is called. When done correctly you can use your or any memory card with action replay.Then manual install the driver again.

Yea i followed this guide: forums.afterdawn.com/thr…329

I brought one of the sticks which was on the "compatable" list and still couldnt get it to work. It was weird i managed to change the drivers so it was recognised when i opened the action replay software but when i tried to transfer the files it said "not enough space on the memory card" ?

Original Poster

dcx_badass;6202790

You have to plug it into an xbox first and let the xbox format it to the … You have to plug it into an xbox first and let the xbox format it to the right filesystem.

done that too

so much eaiser with the Xbox memory card, takes five mins to convert, do you have a Xbox mem card - was thnking if you did i could save these to yours and then you have a copy to keep.

Original Poster

andrpro;6202935

so much eaiser with the Xbox memory card, takes five mins to convert, do … so much eaiser with the Xbox memory card, takes five mins to convert, do you have a Xbox mem card - was thnking if you did i could save these to yours and then you have a copy to keep.

don't have one unfortunately, was looking to get one but couldn't find one anywhere.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which Kodi Add-ons?1314
      2. Type 11, 21 or 22 Radiators?23
      3. Just an thought regarding Paypal88
      4. Sweet Sunday code please22

See more discussions