Groups

xbox360

If I connected an Xbox360 to a computer monitor that did not output audio, how can I output audio in this case. Would it be possible to do this from the Xbox itself? Could you for example attach some headphones to the xbox?

6 Comments

If you are using an HDMI lead to connect to a computer monitor then you would also need to buy an audio dongle, and either use an optical lead attached to a Home Cinema Receiver, or use the Two Phono outputs and connect to an amplified pair of Computer speakers.

http://cdn1.gamepro.com/article_img/gamepro/110489-9.jpg

Most Computer amplified speakers come with 3.5mm jack inputs however, so you would need a twin phono to 3.5mm plug lead to connect.

http://www.tvcables.co.uk/images/items/3.5mm-jack-phono-cable-3m.jpg

get an optical cable connect to a reciever ..

what speakers/sound devices do you have?

Yes, you can attach the headset to the controller and divet the audio to the headset using the settings on the 360.

Original Poster

well I have a Samsung monitor, that outputs both HDMI and DVI/VGA. I want to connect it to the xbox via HDMI, and then I just want to connect some decent [possibly wireless] headphones and play.

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;7216245

Yes, you can attach the headset to the controller and divet the audio to … Yes, you can attach the headset to the controller and divet the audio to the headset using the settings on the 360.

that seems like a good idea, thanks for that :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Anyone else confirm the 'attach the headset to the controller and divet the audio to the headset using the settings on the 360' method? Just need to make sure its ok
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1118
      3. Sad news about Barcelona26113
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764188

See more discussions