Groups
    EXPIRED

xbox360-advice please

kids have got a wii and ps3-work for asda and they have now deleted the arcade version of the xbox 360 therefore they are gonna be offered to staff at half price this week-thought I might get myself one-Im a bit of a console saddo and truthfully the only games I am interested in are tiger woods and pes(altho maybe streetfighter).

so if the arcade has no harddrive can it save game progress? did I read somewhere that the arcade version has an hdmi output(these have been in the warehouse over a year so they arent recent models)

the packs we have are badged as containing 5 arcade games(pacman etc)

12 Comments

It should come with a memory card for save games.

Also i don't think it will be a HDMI if they are the really old stock but it will tell you on the box.

yes you can save games as it will contain a memory card (limited size tho) yes it will have hdmi output but not a cable and the 5 games are on one disc ( not much good)

Banned

"so if the arcade has no harddrive can it save game progress?"

comes with a memory card or can pick up a 20GB HDD for about £20-£25

"did I read somewhere that the arcade version has an hdmi output(these have been in the warehouse over a year so they arent recent models)"

yup...SHOULD have the HDMI on, dont think anyone has the old stock anymore but I'd say check first, will take 2 seconds to find out

Original Poster

thanks all for info-rep added-cheers

my local asda had hdmi cables for £1 yesterday

Original Poster

ding;4483463

my local asda had hdmi cables for £1 yesterday

yep-we have them too-quite short but deffo worth a quid!

Comes with a memory card and you could always buy a HDD in the future if you decide you want to download demos and stuff.

i love my xbox it is deffo worth getting at half price if you can, if you dont like it you can sell it on at a proffit

do microsoft still sell the hdd cheap to arcade console owners

Original Poster

ding;4483511

i love my xbox it is deffo worth getting at half price if you can, if you … i love my xbox it is deffo worth getting at half price if you can, if you dont like it you can sell it on at a proffit

yep-will cost me 49.50 after using my staff discount card so probably be crazy to pass it up-also we still have a few of the lego/panda packs with the extra controller left from previous offers so will talk nice to the boss and see if he will half price them too-lol(well if you dont ask..)

Banned

ding;4483523

do microsoft still sell the hdd cheap to arcade console owners

not sure but they were selling refurb ones for £12.99 I think

barky;4483551

yep-will cost me 49.50 after using my staff discount card so probably be … yep-will cost me 49.50 after using my staff discount card so probably be crazy to pass it up-also we still have a few of the lego/panda packs with the extra controller left from previous offers so will talk nice to the boss and see if he will half price them too-lol(well if you dont ask..)

mate tbh you'd be a fool not to for that price! Plus if u sell it on you'll make a profit...tbh for £50 I'd take as many as you can get your hands on!

Original Poster

ODB_69;4483568

not sure but they were selling refurb ones for £12.99 I thinkmate tbh … not sure but they were selling refurb ones for £12.99 I thinkmate tbh you'd be a fool not to for that price! Plus if u sell it on you'll make a profit...tbh for £50 I'd take as many as you can get your hands on!

lol yep-thought of that-there only is about 11 or 12 of em tho and over 400 staff so unlikely they will let me get more than one-at least I am certain to get one tho since it will be me that has to do the reduction on friday morning before anyone else sees em.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions